The Back 6

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SoopaSaint
Club Player

The Back 6

I must to admit to admiring the work of our back 6 - especially in the tight games we have been involved in of recent. If Gilly (Adam Gilbert) isn't the most improved player in 2009 then I'm not too sure what else he has to do to warrant such an acolade. Blake has been good, Fish has had a few good games and Baker (while I reserved my opinion initially) certainly straightens the team up with his attack on the football. Several others have been good down there and played excellent support roles. Keep up the good work Saints!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I think you mean Sam Gilbert.

Farren Ray, Zac Dawson, Max and Dempster have all played their parts as well - as have all the other players who lend a hand during games.

SoopaSaint
Club Player

The Back 6

Sam... that's him. Yeah I agree regarding the younger blokes... they really are stepping-up this year. McQualter, while predominately playing forward of recent, has been a bonus... and that Mallacoota boy Dempster just needs some game time to be another bonus down back. Defensive stocks aren't too bad at present...