rumours about goose furture

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

The only doubt over Goose's future is that if we can't find a way to get him into the side other clubs will be talking to him at the end of the season. Every other side would love to have him at the moment (maybe with the exception of Geelong).

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I hope you are right remboy. I really do. We will just have to wait and see.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:I would dearly love to see Goose make a comeback for us this year and be a part of our Grand Final team. :D
Me thinks possibly next year when there's (most likely) no Max, to maintain some balance in the backline.

GrumpyOne

remboy wrote:The only doubt over Goose's future is that if we can't find a way to get him into the side other clubs will be talking to him at the end of the season. Every other side would love to have him at the moment (maybe with the exception of Geelong).
Other clubs are queueing up, with Carlton #1 on the list.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

You're a tough marker legendary. His rehab was finally made a long term project during last year. No doubt he is somewhat diminished as a player, but his best was outstanding. He still has his skills, determination, physical presence and football smarts to offer the team. The only question mark now is the successful rehabilitation of his leg. Give him all the time he needs, I say. A great clubman too. I'll bet he's back in before the end of the year. We've been fortunate that we don't have to rush him because of the good form of others. Let the Goose loose I say!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
starsign
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
remboy wrote:The only doubt over Goose's future is that if we can't find a way to get him into the side other clubs will be talking to him at the end of the season. Every other side would love to have him at the moment (maybe with the exception of Geelong).
Other clubs are queueing up, with Carlton #1 on the list.
correct!!
He's coming along nicely and as the Guru RL says ...He's in ouyr plans to play a role ths season....hold your beanies folks , we are only half way !

And I thought Bakes put in a real good game , in fct I think it was his best yet this year !
And just as a side note has he had so many wacks to the eyrbrows that one more little knock , like an old boxer and they openup or what???
But I'd like a quid for every time he has had to go off bleeding from the same area this year

PJ
SS Life Member

I just don't understand this hype about him.
Just a tad ungenerous there Legend. MM has put in many a good game in the red, white & black and yes he may not be back yet but we've given guys like Gards a good shot at making it back so perhaps you can forgive some for being enthusiastic about his possible return.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
AlpineStars
Club Player

He badly injured his leg putting his body on the line for our club, he deserves as much time as it takes. What ever happened to "Strength Through Loyalty"

Wake me up when September ends.
Legendary
Club Player

Not knocking him as a bloke, he's reportedly a great guy and a great clubman.

And he has played some good football.

Just personally I've always thought he's been over-rated, and I have doubts about whether he will ever play AFL again, and whether he's good enough full stop.

And if he proves me wrong, then the club benefits, and that's even better.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Just think about Michael Gardiner. He looked gone for all money, 9 games in two years and huge question marks over his ability to overcome foot and knee injuries at 29 years of age. Look at him now. RL and staff showed tremendous faith in him which is now being repaid in spades. Goose is much younger than GM and is 90% through a long and horrible rehab. I'm sure he can achieve what Gardiner has.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
PJ
SS Life Member

Players written off by media and public as no longer up to it or never had it

Steven King
Michael Gardiner
Andrew McQualter
Zac Dawson
Justin K

& yes none of them had a broken leg but I wouldn't be throwing away a player of Maguires capability. We've got plenty of youth on the list and more than enough to be cutting Mat some slack until he can get another extended crack in the 1's.

PJ
SS Life Member

So what's wrong with Goose's futura? I like the old model with 2 doors personally.

Darrel Baldock
Club Player

I am a big McGuire fan. Before his injury he was one of the best CHB's in the League. I think speed might be the greatest of hs problems . The game has become much quicker this year.

Ian Cooper was too thin
saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:goose will play against the tigers...
I totally agree. Baring an injury to him he will play against the Tigers in 2 weeks time.
taking the place of whom?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I totally agree. Baring an injury to him he will play against the Tigers in 2 weeks time.
He is already in the side.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I believe Sandy are playing the Tigers that day, aren't they?

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: rumours about goose furture

JABBER wrote:I said i hope not because i think he is a good player answer this question why isnt he playing in the 1s

you can have a go at me for round 1 selection Smith on a wing but alot of peolpe had Armitage in there team he hasnt played any games this year

My saurse told me Milne was out of the gold Coast game which was correct

The Dempster post some people agreed with me some people didnt only time will tell

now if you people dont want me to write again let me know and i will stop
What in the blue hell is a saurse?

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
matrix
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:So what's wrong with Goose's futura? I like the old model with 2 doors personally.
i had a 64 XM 2door, had the XP front end on it.
<<sold it for 400 bucks with no interior or running gear.
<<spewing now

would be good to see goose back and he deserves all the time needed to get better.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I think if Goose plays well this week for Sandy (I hope they are playing) and pulls up well then he will be in for the Richmond game. My bet is he'll take McEvoy's place meaning Kosi, Blake & Goose will have to give Gardy a chop out in the ruck. Kosi in the ruck for a short burst may not be a bad thing as it gives him the opportunity to get in the game if he's struggling. Goose can take his spot as a key forward in the meantime.

If Goose does not play against Richmond then IMO he'll have to wait until after the Geelong game for a chance.

Batnoe

After last week i think Geary needs a rest, his body and light frame may need a week off

Although Blake has had a good year, he is making too many mistakes and is currently the weak link in the back line

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:After last week i think Geary needs a rest, his body and light frame may need a week off

Although Blake has had a good year, he is making too many mistakes and is currently the weak link in the back line
Not sure if you realise we have a bye this week. Pretty sure Geary will not play at Sandy.

JABBER
Club Player

rumours about goose furture

not being selected against Geelong tells me Goose is not in the st kilda plans this year i hope to be proven wrong

trevor barker
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

JABBER wrote:not being selected against Geelong tells me Goose is not in the st kilda plans this year i hope to be proven wrong
Not achieving his first selection of the year against the best team in the competition over the course of 3 years has got to be the least surprising Maguire selection decision of the year.

While I was a huge fan of Goose at his best, and hope he can both get back to it and do it in out colours, he's not a secret weapon, and selecting him with not role and matchup would have gone against literally everything the St Kilda selection panel has done through the course of 2009.

Inferring anything from the non-selection of Goose is very revealing about the reason that most "rumours" are pure garbage.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintlee
Club Player

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
JABBER wrote:not being selected against Geelong tells me Goose is not in the st kilda plans this year i hope to be proven wrong
Not achieving his first selection of the year against the best team in the competition over the course of 3 years has got to be the least surprising Maguire selection decision of the year.

While I was a huge fan of Goose at his best, and hope he can both get back to it and do it in out colours, he's not a secret weapon, and selecting him with not role and matchup would have gone against literally everything the St Kilda selection panel has done through the course of 2009.

Inferring anything from the non-selection of Goose is very revealing about the reason that most "rumours" are pure garbage.
I agree totally, summed it up perfectly

shmic_s
Club Player

not being selected against Geelong tells me Goose is not in the st kilda plans this year i hope to be proven wrong
goose not being selected tells me ross knows what he is doing, and that doesn't mean the goose is not in his plans.

geelong are one of the top teams in the comp. they have mooney and hawkins, who we will have covered easily with fisher, dawson and blake. geelongs strengths are their mid-field and small/mid size forwards. ross has selected the team which gives us the best chance of winning.

both teams will not be playing all their cards on sunday, maybe ross is hanging onto his joker......