How to watch the Saints overseas?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Fraser
Club Coach

How to watch the Saints overseas?

Hi guys,

I've just moved to Toronto and I can't find anywhere where I can watch the Saints. I've tried the AFL site and also Fox Sports but their video content is only available to these in Australia. How does the AFL expect this great game grow overseas? I've tried the Telstra subscription but the latency from Canada to Oz is terrible with them. Is anyone able to point me to the right direction? There used to be something called Aussie Torrents but I can't find it anymore. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

CUL8TR

Hey Mate,

Although there are the occasional torrents out there they are hard to come by and you cannot always get the game, I'm currently based in Canada as well and I subscribed to *************, its only available to users outside of australia and you get everygame a day or 2 after, not live but better than nothing, you can generally get match highlights a couple hours after the game and full match the following day! You also get press conferences, best goals, marks of the round etc....worth a look!
:D

Geezer
Club Player

gets all live broadcasts of most sports around the globe.
have found a saints game on there live before

#35 - Thanks for the Memories.
21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
SaintDebi
Club Player

Be careful naming sites etc on here. There are legal issues. Similar "publicity" has resulted in games not being able to be broadcast before.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Have deleted the sites names..yes please be careful..legal issues and if you dont think the AFL watch sites like this then you are very naive hehe....ask Moose and trueman

Please PM the poster concerned for more information

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT NAMING SITES ON HERE FFS I LIVE OVERSEAS ... PM ONKY AND MAKE SURE THAT PERSON IS COOL.

to the author relax its all live in the net, granted you hav a good service.

CUL8TR

Sorry guys didnt relise, wont happen again!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

what about moose!!!!

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Hey Fraser, been to a Blue Jays game yet? They are playing quite well so far this season.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Fraser....welcome to my life...AFL sites terrible....and why Fox won't play their Aussie stuff outside Australia is beyond me. Plus Setanta is shutting down ( probably).

Hard being an AFL Fan overseas.

Get PM's on match day......

Splayd
Club Player

I won't name the illegal sites here but there is also a completely legit way that the AFL won't mind publicising on a public forum. This is the official site endorsed by the AFL but I think it is the same site CUL8TR wa talking about.

The AFL site is shyte for streaming games - I did it the first time I moved o/s and with Australia's prehistoric broadband system it was useless trying to stream a game. I reckon they got so many complaints that they outsourced it to http://www.afl.aussiesport.tv which is affiliated with the AFL. Pretty cheap and the streaming comes from the UK so you don't have to worry about the bottleneck. It is simply not comparable with the Telstra site.

Highlights are up for each half usually about the start of the 4th quarter if you are listening to it live and the full matches are up about 12-24hrs after the final siren (due to the agreement with FOXTEL and the FTA netwoks)

It's only available for people o/s. With Telstra, it is so rubbish because you could rarely get the bitrate above 400 KB/S therefore the lag was terrible. The French network here is awesome with unlimited downloads and high speed so I can stream a full game in relatively high quality hitting speeds of about and above 2500-3000 KB/S which means no lag and is great for a wide-screen monitor and looks pretty good on a full size TV as well.

I tend to watch 2-3 matches a week.

Not sure about the Canadian network but I would assume that is is comparable with the French network. You also don't have to sign up for a year etc... You can do a 4 day trial for US$2 and see if it is any good for you.

You could also look into streaming capture software and work around it... :twisted:

Gathering converts in Frogland..
CUL8TR

Hey Splayd,
Thats exactly the one im talking about and i was a litle confused when i had people jumping on me for naming it! It is completely and officially endorsed by the AFL and you pay for the rights!
The streaming works fine here as we get really fast net too.

janator
Club Player

can someone please private message me this site that you can watch live from overseas?

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Splayd wrote:I won't name the illegal sites here but there is also a completely legit way that the AFL won't mind publicising on a public forum. This is the official site endorsed by the AFL but I think it is the same site CUL8TR wa talking about.

The AFL site is shyte for streaming games - I did it the first time I moved o/s and with Australia's prehistoric broadband system it was useless trying to stream a game. I reckon they got so many complaints that they outsourced it to http://www.afl.aussiesport.tv which is affiliated with the AFL. Pretty cheap and the streaming comes from the UK so you don't have to worry about the bottleneck. It is simply not comparable with the Telstra site.

Highlights are up for each half usually about the start of the 4th quarter if you are listening to it live and the full matches are up about 12-24hrs after the final siren (due to the agreement with FOXTEL and the FTA netwoks)

It's only available for people o/s. With Telstra, it is so rubbish because you could rarely get the bitrate above 400 KB/S therefore the lag was terrible. The French network here is awesome with unlimited downloads and high speed so I can stream a full game in relatively high quality hitting speeds of about and above 2500-3000 KB/S which means no lag and is great for a wide-screen monitor and looks pretty good on a full size TV as well.

I tend to watch 2-3 matches a week.

Not sure about the Canadian network but I would assume that is is comparable with the French network. You also don't have to sign up for a year etc... You can do a 4 day trial for US$2 and see if it is any good for you.

You could also look into streaming capture software and work around it... :twisted:
I was subscribed to that site up until last week, but the quality I got was rubbish. It certainly wouldn't have looked good on a big TV.

I've got a quick internet connection in Switzerland but I'm getting served up rubbish. I used streaming capture software to save a game and the whole match took 25 minutes to download. Would have preferred a longer download with better quality.

Am I doing something wrong?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Splayd
Club Player

Well, there are 3 different streams for each match.

Low, High and the original stream which is extremely high.

Make sure that the stream your watching is High from the site. I reckon this is fine for a monitor, Wide-Screen Monitor (which I use) and small TV. If you are capturing the stream the file size should be close to 650MB. Most movies are packaged into 700MB files so this is less than that (longer and smaller). If it is half this then you have the LOW stream which is not terriffic.

BTW - these files from the aussiesports sites have digital media rights assigned to them. You can play for three days but after then you need an internet connection to download the user rights to watch repeatedly so they are protected.

About the extremely high quality stream... This is the original file that sits on a site but is dilluted to LOW/HIGH quality when you watch a game. As you have an O/S account, if you search you should be able to find it and capture it using a URL based capture. The actual URL is different for each account holder and only people with accounts can find it. But a warning. I do not do this for every game, only the humdingers. Reason? The file size is about 3.5GB which is captured at a streaming rate of between 200-400KB. Hence 24 hours to download and the download cannot be inturrupted or restarted but the quality is SANTSsational :lol: The bitrate is just on 2000KB/S which is still not like live TV but pretty darn good.

Gathering converts in Frogland..