Smash the Scum...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:...Never forget they tried to 'kill us off'.
This I think is the only good reason, although it is related to their arrogance over a long period of time.

Back to the game, "smashing" is not on the agenda on Friday night, especially given our recent wastefulness in front of goal, unlikely to improve until Stephen Milne comes back (unlikely this week before the break).

Our tactic will be to be to go tight all night long and grind out the win. Tagging Judd is no easy matter and even if he is restricted to 20 possessions then that can be quite damaging. No better player in the comp and 100% better than Ablett. Judd can't be deflected from his task (like Nick R), Ablett can (like Kosi).

Carlton have a number of very poor kicks, so we must make sure that they get the ball. Houlihan is the classic example - I hope he plays. He is one of those bell weather players - if he's in their best 22, we're a strong chance.

Saints by 9 - points that is.
Why is Milne unlikely. I have heard he is certain to play.

Loyal
Club Player

milney is no certainty plugger in fact he has told me that he will miss another week.

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Just to get back on track re the actual game...

I honestly think of all the sides we come up against, there are few we match up on as well as we do with Carlton.

We have a GUN forward set up - two talls, a solid medium and a couple of very good + smalls when they have a defensive unit that is pedestrian at worst, workmanlike at best.

In the middle we have a GUN stopper in CJ who can take out any of their mids except perhaps Judd, but even on Judd he'd probably limit somewhat (ie 20-25 rushed touches?).

Up back we have, count em, three very good to exceptional tall and athletic defenders to their one tall, mobile forward in Fev. That means all sorts of traffic across their half forward and no clear run at it for a bloke who is a lead up kind of guy. Not that we need all three on him, mind you. Max usually eats him alive for whatever reason.

Oh yeah. And then there's Fisher running the rebound ball out. Fisher, to Gram, Goddard or Montagna etc etc...

In short we would have to be awful on the night for them to get close IMO.

I mean they play shut down, we outmuscle. They run freely for a shootout and we score more heavily for more paths to goal.

Mids just have to win their half the ball.

I know this all sounds extraordinarily arrogant, but it just seems to me the way it is.
Good analysis.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:As a Saints supporter since only 2002, can I ask why we hate Carlton more than ever other team?

Must be a historical thing I'm not aware of?
they are the most arrogant, cheating pieces of scum. They offered to buy up sides, their presidents have less the disdain for us (the carlton coach would never coach that rabble) and they tried to forced us to fold (we owed them money during the 80's and despite players, orgainsations and banks allowed us to pay only a certain perxentage back carlton wanted to push us to the wall over a small amount.)

At least collingwood fans are dumb and feral, it's not their fault just genetics. Carlton fans on the other hand are arrogant, cheating scum who believe it's their right to do what they want in the VFL/AFL.

I hope BJ kicks 5 in the first quarter, we breaks some bones, have 90 tackles and win by 97 points.....

Agree that this is the match we have needed to kick start ourselves

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Smash the Scum...

markp wrote: a clueless coach who looks like some inbred village idiot from the Dark Ages....
ImageImage

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Loyal
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:ImageImage
why is it that a man who looks like a pig cant find a ham sandwich anywhere within the immediate vacinity of visy park?

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
Milton66
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:
markp wrote: a clueless coach who looks like some inbred village idiot from the Dark Ages....
ImageImage
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely that's a monty for Sam's mailbag.

...actually, if you lose the ears, the guy on the left has a bit of Spud Frawley about him.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Finey
Club Player

he may be ugly but he's a B+F in a premiership team

stinger
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote: They pin all their hopes on a moronic delinquent, a mercenary "make me captain or no deal" narcissist, and a clueless coach who looks like some inbred village idiot from the Dark Ages....

:twisted:

i can relate to that mp.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
marksnsparks wrote:As a Saints supporter since only 2002, can I ask why we hate Carlton more than ever other team? Must be a historical thing I'm not aware of?
because they're cheats.

because they're arrogant.

because they have a better win/loss ratio over us than any other team.

because they bought premierships that we couldn't afford in the old days
before the draft/salary cap.

because they've never forgiven us for hamill/goddard.

because of their born-to-rule/win premierships mentality.

Because they have dirty, filthy, lying, cheating, liberal party affiliated, Howard mates for presidents, with the current CEO of the dome ( the stadium that screws the clubs and shafts the buskers ), slimeball Collo being a former one and this scumbag is the very same arsewipe who was once quoted in the early 80's with the delightfully tasteful comment "Let Them Rot" for a headline, this turd burglar stuck his nose in, basically offering that in his opinion, he thought St Kilda should cease to exist,
the other two more recent ones being Pratt and Elliott, should I go on..................................?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Finey wrote:he may be ugly but he's a B+F in a premiership team
He was a great player, just in the wrong team :?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Milton66
SS Life Member

Of all the teams and their supporters...

Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon form an Axis of Evil.

If you only win 3 games a year, it would have to be aginst these 3.

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?