Final at Docklands

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Final at Docklands

I know some people here are thinking that we may get a home final at Docklands.
Unfortunately that wont happen unless we are playing one of two teams and they are Freo or Port.
Any other team would be capable of drawing a bigger crowd than what Etihad could handle.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We'll always play finals at the MCG unless we finish 5th or 6th and play a non-Victorian club in the first week.

Finals are too big these days.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i remember north played port in a final there a few years ago, and the crowd was pathetic.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Loyal
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:We'll always play finals at the MCG unless we finish 5th or 6th and play a non-Victorian club in the first week.

a good point.
it just goes to show though that these things aren't always cut and dried.
if it were sydney it would be in sydney and a WA team in WA. if it is two Vic teams it gets played at the MCG, presumably.
presumably or otherwise these things are open to manipulation by the AFL.
it just goes to show that a home ground isn't always a home ground in the mind of money-making corporate assholes.
the best we can ever get is a double-chance.
the romantic notion that we could ever have a home final is in a galaxy far far away.

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Good to get used to it in the 1st round of finals. and Round 22 is there also I believe. Its better to be more prepared for the prelim which we have had trouble getting past. then obviously for the Grandfinal.

saint vince
Club Player

Loyal wrote:
evertonfc wrote:We'll always play finals at the MCG unless we finish 5th or 6th and play a non-Victorian club in the first week.

a good point.
if it were sydney it would be in sydney and a WA team in WA. if it is two Vic teams it gets played at the MCG, presumably.
it just goes to show that a home ground isn't always a home ground in the mind of money-making corporate assholes.
the romantic notion that we could ever have a home final is in a galaxy far far away.
I have been saying this for years. As a Victorian clb you only get a home state final. Docklands holds as much as SCG but finals are played there. If we finish two games clear on top w should get a HOME final.

Loyal
Club Player

Griggsy wrote:Good to get used to it in the 1st round of finals. and Round 22 is there also I believe. Its better to be more prepared for the prelim which we have had trouble getting past. then obviously for the Grandfinal.
it's a good point you make Griggsy.
you have to view it as a 'FOUR GAME BLOCK':

GAME 1: Melbourne
GAME 2: Qualifying Final
GAME 3: Preliminary Final
GAME 4: Grand Final

You have to assume that ALL games will be held @ the MCG.
To win a Qualifying Final is as important as winning the Minor Premiership.
The Preliminary in many ways takes care of itself given that you have a week off.

Loyal
Club Player

saint vince wrote:
Loyal wrote:

a good point.
I have been saying this for years. As a Victorian clb you only get a home state final. Docklands holds as much as SCG but finals are played there. If we finish two games clear on top w should get a HOME final.
we SHOULD. i know, but the corporate donkeys at AFL House want to screw the living daylights out of everyone.

StSteven
Club Player

I have been saying this for years. As a Victorian clb you only get a home state final. Docklands holds as much as SCG but finals are played there. If we finish two games clear on top w should get a HOME final
Tell Geelong supporters that!

saint vince
Club Player

StSteven wrote:
I have been saying this for years. As a Victorian clb you only get a home state final. Docklands holds as much as SCG but finals are played there. If we finish two games clear on top w should get a HOME final
Tell Geelong supporters that!
I agree hey should get a final down at the cattery in week one if they wish. Like we sould get one at the dome if we want.