The ladder, with a difference

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint vince
Club Player

The ladder, with a difference

I have done some sums and have made a ladder from all home and away games since round 12 last year. Makes interesting reading and gives us reason to be excited

1. Geelong 16-0
2. ST.Kilda 14-2
3. Hawthorn 9-7
4. North 9-7
5. Bulldogs 8-8
6. Adelaide 8-8
7. Collingwood 8-8
8. Richmond 8-8
9. Essendon 8-8
10. Sydeny 7-9
11. Carlton 7-9
12. Port 7-9
13. Brisbane 6-10
14. Freo 6-10
15. West Coast4-12
16. Melboure 3-13

As you can see we are 5 games clear in second spot. Geelong on top as expected without losing a game but we are only two games behind. It is interesting that the top two are a long way in front and the bottom two a long way behind and everyone else in a big bunch in the middle.

That is the pattern that is going on this year as well. A massive group in the middle. I think this is al very positive for us. If all the middle teams keep beating each other the longer we can stay out in front.

In that time our two losses have been to West Coast and Collingwood. We have beaten Freo, North, Carlton, Hawthorn, Port, Adelaide, Essendon, West Coast, Sydney, Bulldogs. Which means we are yet to play Geelong (1), Richmond (8), Brisbane (13), Melbourne (16).

So when people say we haven't beaten any one yet it is a little ill informed. Yes we haven't beaten Geelong but apart from that we have beaten evryone else in contention in the last 16 weeks of football when we beat Collingwood this week(forgetting finals).

I think a long run of form like this puts us in an excellent position to have a real tilt at September action.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I prefer this ladder which was in last night's edition of MX:

My only quibble is that I really can't see where the three losses are going to come from!

Marcus1232
Club Player

melbourne miss out on priority picks :o

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:I prefer this ladder which was in last night's edition of MX:

My only quibble is that I really can't see where the three losses are going to come from!
You need to check out the site...

http://footyforecaster.com/AFL/RoundFor ... 09_Round_7

It has us only losing 1 match for the year now, so the ladder is incorrect.

It predicts the Saints to lose the Round 14 match to Geelong by 7 points and for the Saints to lose to Geelong in the GF by 7 points

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:....It predicts the Saints... to lose to Geelong in the GF by 7 points
Oh well, in that case, it's a lot of rubbish!

markp
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: Saints to lose to Geelong in the GF by 7 points
Just reading that makes my stomach turn... I'd definitely throw up (ideally on a geelong supporter) if it happened.