King and Kosi...likely to be rubbed out.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OhMyGoddard
Club Player

Spoke to Bakes tonight and he thinks that Dal and Kosi might be in trouble. He even thinks he may be looked at for giving Kerr a little one!
And we all know what the Tribunal thinks of him!

OMG
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:you can blame the scum press if kossi gets cited...those pricks kept highlighting it...yet last week glossed over the whack gardiner copped.....

Yep its the press. Nothing to do with what Kosi did. You are so predictable it is amazing and for your info luckily they didnt hightlight last week with Gardiner as he got the first one in.

Emoticon old man, predictable, ffs.

falka
Club Player

Kosi was not a strike, nothing in that, so maybe that means 2 weeks

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Just watched the replay. King in trouble, Dal Santo, will get thrown out, Kosi, who knows, should get off, but wouldnt bet on it.

saintfreddy
Club Player

Was a bit late when I saw the first half of the replay. Whilst Kosi pushed down on the WC player, what surprised me is that when he got up there was no remonstration with Kosi.

So there has to be doubt about the force of his hand.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

The only consistency with the MRP has been not laying reportsd against striking on the basis of insufficient force to warrant a strike.

I think this should be the case for Kosi. FOe King the commentary called that the contact wasn't head high and wasn't significant and the Weagle boy hammed it up.

Dal - I didn't see.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

King will not get a week even if he goes up as he will have a 5 year good record. I think Kosi is in trouble and shouldnt have done it. No ones knows about Dal unless they actually saw it. We will be relying on Stenligns evidence.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Just watched the replay. King in trouble, Dal Santo, will get thrown out, Kosi, who knows, should get off, but wouldnt bet on it.
King is safe IMO, brushed top of Hansen's left shoulder and Hansen milked it for all it was worth.

NDS i'm confused over, thought he was only up for wrestling, fine maximum, don't know where this striking charge came from or if there's footage. From what I can gleen atm hopefully he should be safe, worse case minimal impact, early plea = under 100 points.

Kosi, will get done, IMO, anywhere between 1 and 3 weeks for what essentially was a stupid, unnecessary striking act. Really hope I'm wrong. I also have a slight concern over his charge in the 2nd quarter, let's hope the MRP don't share that concern.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Ghost Like wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:Just watched the replay. King in trouble, Dal Santo, will get thrown out, Kosi, who knows, should get off, but wouldnt bet on it.
King is safe IMO, brushed top of Hansen's left shoulder and Hansen milked it for all it was worth.

NDS i'm confused over, thought he was only up for wrestling, fine maximum, don't know where this striking charge came from or if there's footage. From what I can gleen atm hopefully he should be safe, worse case minimal impact, early plea = under 100 points.

Kosi, will get done, IMO, anywhere between 1 and 3 weeks for what essentially was a stupid, unnecessary striking act. Really hope I'm wrong. I also have a slight concern over his charge in the 2nd quarter, let's hope the MRP don't share that concern.
There must be two incidents then Ghostie, the Kosi one I saw had no strike to it. It was a push with a clenched fist.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:

There must be two incidents then Ghostie, the Kosi one I saw had no strike to it. It was a push with a clenched fist.
Wouldnt you use an open hand to push and a clenched fist to strike. It was stupid either way.

To the top
SS Life Member

As contributed somewhere else, my view is Kosi has nothing to answer because his fist has travelled a very short distance in breaking a fall to the ground.

His fist (and the fact it was a fist is immaterial) made contact with the ground and any contact with any player was accidental. The trajectory of the movement of the hand was straight toward the ground surface - there was no deliberate effort to make contact with any other player and the trajectory of the hand movement did not alter for any such purpose - and in those circumstances it could not. It was reflex and momentory, hence no reaction from the "aggrieved" player or anyone else.

What was he supposed to do?

Not protect his fall and go face first into the turf with his hands behind his back?

The fact that he grazed a player in looking to put his hand on the ground surface and break a fall was immaterial and accidental.

The fact his hand was clenched is neither here or there - an open palm taking the force of hitting the ground may have resulted in a wrist injury.

King and Dal Santo are not of concern - Dal may be "stung" for wrestling but maybe not given the full action starting from the deliberate and late contact from behind after he had got rid of the ball.

Baker I did not see, but the one concern with Bakes is where we play him because he can not play in defence - just too easily exploited overhead and in mobility as we saw in the first quarter - a classic example of why it is the mid-field scrapping or no-where - and can he command a spot in the mid-field?

Milne, despite 4 goals but I look at who creates the opportunity and it was the likes of Kosi and Gardiner putting their big bodies and big hands into the contest, forcing the spillage, has work to do - and starting on the bench was indicative.

Geary with his defensive pressure and ability to take a contested mark is, I would suggest, more to the coach's liking - and he can transition to the mids and defence. Plus we will see what the VFL throws up today, and as the season unfolds.

And on Shaw, a reprimand and a warning. For the umpire to say "you pushed me" is absolutely precious - and they are absolutely average, as we saw again today.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:As contributed somewhere else, my view is Kosi has nothing to answer because his fist has travelled a very short distance in breaking a fall to the ground.

His fist (and the fact it was a fist is immaterial) made contact with the ground and any contact with any player was accidental. The trajectory of the movement of the hand was straight toward the ground surface - there was no deliberate effort to make contact with any other player and the trajectory of the hand movement did not alter for any such purpose - and in those circumstances it could not. It was reflex and momentory, hence no reaction from the "aggrieved" player or anyone else.

What was he supposed to do?

Not protect his fall and go face first into the turf with his hands behind his back?

The fact that he grazed a player in looking to put his hand on the ground surface and break a fall was immaterial and accidental.

The fact his hand was clenched is neither here or there - an open palm taking the force of hitting the ground may have resulted in a wrist injury.

King and Dal Santo are not of concern - Dal may be "stung" for wrestling but maybe not given the full action starting from the deliberate and late contact from behind after he had got rid of the ball.

Baker I did not see, but the one concern with Bakes is where we play him because he can not play in defence - just too easily exploited overhead and in mobility as we saw in the first quarter - a classic example of why it is the mid-field scrapping or no-where - and can he command a spot in the mid-field?

Milne, despite 4 goals but I look at who creates the opportunity and it was the likes of Kosi and Gardiner putting their big bodies and big hands into the contest, forcing the spillage, has work to do - and starting on the bench was indicative.

Geary with his defensive pressure and ability to take a contested mark is, I would suggest, more to the coach's liking - and he can transition to the mids and defence. Plus we will see what the VFL throws up today, and as the season unfolds.

And on Shaw, a reprimand and a warning. For the umpire to say "you pushed me" is absolutely precious - and they are absolutely average, as we saw again today.
Firstly a lot of players fall over but dont use clenched fists that accidently hit players. He definately could have avoided fist contact. I dont know how you know about dal unless you saw it at the game because it wasnt on TV. Kingy should be right even if found guity. As for the umpire one you cannot have anyone pushing or touching umpires like that even if it looks really soft. Imagine if it happened in other grades of footy. They are hard enough to control in some games as it is. Not sure on the penalty though it is a tough one.

bozza1980
Club Player

To the top wrote: Milne, despite 4 goals but I look at who creates the opportunity and it was the likes of Kosi and Gardiner putting their big bodies and big hands into the contest, forcing the spillage, has work to do - and starting on the bench was indicative.
He is a crumbing forward, ofcourse the work he feeds off is done by others.

I'm not sure what more you want from the guy. I couldn't think of a better player to work at ground level as our tall forwards crash packs like they did yesterday.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
To the top wrote: Milne, despite 4 goals but I look at who creates the opportunity and it was the likes of Kosi and Gardiner putting their big bodies and big hands into the contest, forcing the spillage, has work to do - and starting on the bench was indicative.
He is a crumbing forward, ofcourse the work he feeds off is done by others.

I'm not sure what more you want from the guy. I couldn't think of a better player to work at ground level as our tall forwards crash packs like they did yesterday.
Well said. I dont understand what he is on about. Starting on the bench these days means nothing anyway. Its all about matchups.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Just watched a replay if the Kosi incident adn IMHO it was not a 'strike' but a 'push'.
Is that reportable?

The umpire was 2 metres away and chose not only not to report it but didn't pay a free kick either?

undecided
Club Player

NDS kissed any brownlow chance good bye

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

King - has a perfect record, report will be thrown out.
Kosi - hit with an open hand. only chance of suspension is if he is has 80+ carry over points. very soft hit.
Dal - Elbow to the head of Stenglein on the members wing. Hard hit, but lack of vision and good record should save him.

If any of these three go and Kerr doesn't for his several hits on Montagna this competition is a joke.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:King - has a perfect record, report will be thrown out.
Kosi - hit with an open hand. only chance of suspension is if he is has 80+ carry over points. very soft hit.
Dal - Elbow to the head of Stenglein on the members wing. Hard hit, but lack of vision and good record should save him.

If any of these three go and Kerr doesn't for his several hits on Montagna this competition is a joke.
2 out of 3 could be right but Kosi hit with a clenched fist for sure. Only way he will get out of it is they decide there is a lack of force.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:King - has a perfect record, report will be thrown out.

King seemed to round arm into the back - probably Ok

Kosi - didn't seem much in it - by why do that?? Could go - you never know with chook lotto.

Dal - Gone - if there is no vision and has been reported by an umpire the tribunal will take the umpires evidence.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
makemytime
Club Player

Would hate to see any of the three being suspended, hopefully, it wont come to that. Its kosi im worried about

BUT... is Dal elligable for the brownlow (im really optimistic right now) if the case is thrown out or if he has less than 100 points?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

makemytime wrote:Would hate to see any of the three being suspended, hopefully, it wont come to that. Its kosi im worried about

BUT... is Dal elligable for the brownlow (im really optimistic right now) if the case is thrown out or if he has less than 100 points?
Im more worried if is suspended and we lose a game. Brownlow is an individual award thats nice to win but doesnt mean you actually win the one that matters. I think we have about 7 brownlows but how many flags have we one or should that be won.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

IMO Kosi will get one week, King is safe, unsure of NDS as I didn't see it. Kosi definitely intended to punch the Eagle in the head, and it was stupid. he wasn't breaking his fall. It was deliberate, but not very forceful.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

makemytime wrote:Would hate to see any of the three being suspended, hopefully, it wont come to that. Its kosi im worried about

I am pretty sure if it's over 100 points before any discounts for guilty pleas or 5 years of good behaviour means you can't win it.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
To the top
SS Life Member

"a lot of players fall over but do not use a clenched fist to hit someone".

So what you are contributing on this occasion is that you know for a fact that Kosi clenched his fist for the deliberate act of striking the WCE player to the head?

Plugger66, I saw the incident clearly and I have seen the replay which confirmed my initial thought.

My description of the incident holds.

You apparantly have Kosi, charged, found guilty and suspended! And you trash his character into the bargain.

In regards the umpire and Shaw, it was a lapse of concentration by Shaw, with no intent and no physical force - a bit like Keating or Michelle Obama putting their hand in support of the Queen.

The umpire was not pushed, Shaw brushed his hand against his shoulder in a lapse of concentration, in fustration no doubt and to gain the attention of a prima donna umpire.

A warning, including to all players in the competition, is all that is required in my view.

Sometimes far too much is made of issues, and this is one - including by the reaction of the "miked up" and numbered (why?) umpire playing to his perceived audience. He knew he was "miked up" and he has milked it.

Any umpire gives hand signals to indicate why decisions are made including that advantage is paid, so why "miked up" inviting them to be a commentator on the game? The players can hear an umpire, so again why "miked up"?

There is just too much focus on umpires - who in a perfect world should NOT be noticed. Plus you are not allowed to say anything to them, so again, why "miked up"?

Why make umpires central to a game of footy? Because it obviously feeds into their performance, concerned also at media attention because, being "miked up" they are central to media attention - where we want to see players perform, not see umpires perform and comment on their own performance.

Have you ever watched a Premier League soccer match at venues such as Old Trafford when a penalty is given against Manchester United?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:"a lot of players fall over but do not use a clenched fist to hit someone".

So what you are contributing on this occasion is that you know for a fact that Kosi clenched his fist for the deliberate act of striking the WCE player to the head?

Plugger66, I saw the incident clearly and I have seen the replay which confirmed my initial thought.

My description of the incident holds.

You apparantly have Kosi, charged, found guilty and suspended! And you trash his character into the bargain.

In regards the umpire and Shaw, it was a lapse of concentration by Shaw, with no intent and no physical force - a bit like Keating or Michelle Obama putting their hand in support of the Queen.

The umpire was not pushed, Shaw brushed his hand against his shoulder in a lapse of concentration, in fustration no doubt and to gain the attention of a prima donna umpire.

A warning, including to all players in the competition, is all that is required in my view.

Sometimes far too much is made of issues, and this is one - including by the reaction of the "miked up" and numbered (why?) umpire playing to his perceived audience. He knew he was "miked up" and he has milked it.

Any umpire gives hand signals to indicate why decisions are made including that advantage is paid, so why "miked up" inviting them to be a commentator on the game? The players can hear an umpire, so again why "miked up"?

There is just too much focus on umpires - who in a perfect world should NOT be noticed. Plus you are not allowed to say anything to them, so again, why "miked up"?

Why make umpires central to a game of footy? Because it obviously feeds into their performance, concerned also at media attention because, being "miked up" they are central to media attention - where we want to see players perform, not see umpires perform and comment on their own performance.

Have you ever watched a Premier League soccer match at venues such as Old Trafford when a penalty is given against Manchester United?
Firstly hate soccer but what has that to do with anything. I have seen the Kosi incident 3 times and have no idea what you are seeing but it isnt what I have seen through 2 eyes. I have never said Kosi is guilty just in a bit of trouble and will hopefully get off because of lack of force. Finally you dont get the umpire thing. We are told sice the age of 5 never to touch umpires no matter what. The reason being it can go down to the lower levels which are hard enough to umpire as it is. As for the miked up thing that has nothing to do with this but it is a TV thing not an umpire thing that they are miked up