Harvey DVD reviews (includes spoilers)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Harvey DVD reviews (includes spoilers)

Just finished watching the Harvs DVD....and to be honest I thought it a bit hotch-potch

Really like the footage of his early(inc 1st) games, but otherwise I though the pace of it pretty ponderous and the choice of moments to highlight a bit puzzling

His 250th game is highlighted (and HOW BLOODY YOUNG did Dal and Goose look!!!) but then it jumps to the Round 21 game this year, then the Coll and Haw finals. No 300th game, 350th? Inbetween all that are some strange clips from State of Origin games. Surely there were better examples of his genius than what they showed

However, I did like the vision of the 1997 Prelim FInal, including a great show of the crowd going nuts after a goal. ground level camera highlights trhat must have taken some sourcing.

Overall about a 6/10. I note that Rob Dickson was involved in it. Isnt he the ex Hawks/Brisbane player who was involved with Big Brother and is doing the Cousins doco? Just really needed the hand of a die-hard Saints fan with some editing/production flair in here somewhere..and if there was it doesnt really show I'm afraid

Others thoughts?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Agree.

It was basically a re-hash of the Foxtel special on Harvs last year, with a few added extras. I would have liked to have heard from a few more ex-coaches and players - how hard would've that been to do?

Only went for 22 minutes and was obviously done on the cheap, without enough effort. Surely they could have made a 30 minute production?

Perhaps 6/10 or maybe only a 5.

A very cheap marketing gimmick that didn't deliver.

IMO they'd be better off giving us some more chinese imports - like a cheap beach towel (cost price a dollar or two) - at least it would provide some advertising!

I don't know how well it worked as an incentive to get us to pay up early?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

You could have taken some of the words from harvs and just inter spursed them in with OLB's harvs tribute. Would have been much better. That vid says it all.

AND, no mention or highlights of the 05 final V crows? Arguably one of his finest moments. Puzzling.

stmac35
Club Player

Mine is broken.
Does anyone know what to do to get a new one?

THE GREAT MAN - ROBERT HARVEY
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Harvey DVD reviews (includes spoilers)

saint66au wrote:Just finished watching the Harvs DVD....and to be honest I thought it a bit hotch-potch

Really like the footage of his early(inc 1st) games, but otherwise I though the pace of it pretty ponderous and the choice of moments to highlight a bit puzzling
Finally got mine after a very circuitous path.

Every time they mentioned his first game against the dogs they showed some old footage of him getting a kick against the dogs but he was wearing number 35, so NOT his first game.

The oldest shot of him is playing against the Eagles wearing 52, which would have been his second game, but he doesn't even get a touch.

The majority of it looks like it was done about 6 - 7 years ago as it is not widescreen but includes the 250th game.

They just added the bit at the end with his last home game, and the last two finals games.

Some weird stuff in there, they show him getting a handpass in a state game and then show the whole passage of play that leads to an Ablett mark, but hardly his greatest moment.

None of the '05 final in Adelaide, none of his magic against Carlton at the MCG.

As suggested above, let the fans do it.