Not getting Carrol, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iceman
Club Player

ace wrote:
adobe wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:please be SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally agree Alex. Silvagni the better option

Silvagni was massacred in the final for Casey Scorpions.
Totally destroyed by a VFL full forward who could not even get drafted or rookied into the AFL.
How would he fare against a top flight AFL full forward.
Please be serious!
Silvagni hadn't trained for 6 weeks and was playing against Physio advice, had cortisone injections leading up and was very underdone,

Podsiadly win the Liston Trophy, is a mature 26 year old and had only been overlooked the season before by the bulldogs because of his age, didn't start playing footy till relatively late as a junior. I think that game can be forgotten about when talking about Silvagni's capabilities.

RBnW
Club Player

iceman wrote:
ace wrote:
adobe wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:please be SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally agree Alex. Silvagni the better option

Silvagni was massacred in the final for Casey Scorpions.
Totally destroyed by a VFL full forward who could not even get drafted or rookied into the AFL.
How would he fare against a top flight AFL full forward.
Please be serious!
Silvagni hadn't trained for 6 weeks and was playing against Physio advice, had cortisone injections leading up and was very underdone,

Podsiadly win the Liston Trophy, is a mature 26 year old and had only been overlooked the season before by the bulldogs because of his age, didn't start playing footy till relatively late as a junior. I think that game can be forgotten about when talking about Silvagni's capabilities.
if he cant play with an injury against a 26yr old who hasnt been picked up even after winning the Liston Trophy what chance has he if he comes up against, Buddy, Roughead, Williams, Fev, Pav,Brown, etc, etc, etc
He is a good.... no nice.... VFL player and that is it... :roll: ...he will not get picked up by anyone.....if you are 21 you have to be ready to play AFL and he is not and never will be ready......sorry but the only games we should be looking at are the finals games in VFL to see how good players really are.....not some of the Home and Away VFL games......If you cant play injured and you dont play well in VFL Finals you are not up for AFL footy... :cry: :cry:

Our best is yet
to come......
Batnoe

now that we havent recruited him i am all for the idea

yes, he would have been a perfect depth player but he also would have taken the spot that a kid can play

the best thing about our list at the moment is that we are forced to play kids, even if it costs us a game, it is better for the future

our current list wasnt going to give us a flag or we would have already had one!!

adobe
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:now that we havent recruited him i am all for the idea

yes, he would have been a perfect depth player but he also would have taken the spot that a kid can play

the best thing about our list at the moment is that we are forced to play kids, even if it costs us a game, it is better for the future

our current list wasnt going to give us a flag or we would have already had one!!
Silvagni has just turned 21. IS that old

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

adobe wrote:

Do you honestly feel you have a greater understanding of Silvagni's abilities than the recruiters from all 16 afl clubs who have passed on him year after year?...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Batnoe

Armoooo wrote:
adobe wrote:

Do you honestly feel you have a greater understanding of Silvagni's abilities than the recruiters from all 16 afl clubs who have passed on him year after year?...
i dont think he is old, just because he played for casey and went alright doesnt mean he should play for the saints. he is still young enough for a rookie spot

i just dont think getting a player of 28 was best for the club and glad we passed- yes he would have gotten a game, but he would have taken another players spot on the list and hinder their development

we are forced to play kids!!!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Silvagni:

Sergio Silvagni, a ruckman defender who played many games for Carlton;

Steve Silvagni, Serge's son, a defender (who could kick a goal) played many games for Carlton and was named AFL Full Back of the last century.

Alex Silvagni, a defender who plays for Casey Scorpions and has done nothing to attract the interest of AFL recruiters, despite his surname.

Thank God we didn't even consider him.

From what I've seen at Casey, he's lucky to be playing VFL.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
adobe
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Silvagni:

Steve Silvagni, Serge's son, a defender (who could kick a goal) played many games for Carlton and was named AFL Full Back of the last century.

Alex Silvagni, a defender who plays for Casey Scorpions and has done nothing to attract the interest of AFL recruiters, despite his surname.

Check your stats with the VFL website before you make stupid statements
he was in the best players six out of eight times till he was injured. He won the Casey Scorpions most consistant player

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Silvagni:

If you are going to post this at least say that you have never seen him play ...

just what do you mean from your comment
Just how many games have you seen to make such a comment???[/quote]

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Back to Carroll

[quote]Speculation former Demon Nathan Carroll might find a new home at the Saints was also quashed when they used their last selection to draft Begley.

Earlier, St Kilda football manager Greg Hutchison ruled out the possibility of recruiting the defender.

“We told Nathan we wouldn’t draft him in the week,â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Makes you think that if Collingwood went for Begley that the Saints would have gone for Brown

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

goodie wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
Alex Silvagni
Why have you guys been banging on about Alex Silvagni for so long when he never nominated...
Yeah he did, his name was listed as a possible draftee on the draft tracker
Sorry... My error... was looking only at the draft camp list not the full list! :roll: :roll:

In any event, how much of the hype based on him being related to SOS?

And what would his nickname be? SOCOS (son of cousin of Serge)? ORCOS (once removed cousin of Serge) SCOS (Second cousin of Steve)