Ch. 9 News Tonight - who else?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Are we talking about the unusual sights that have been occasionally witnessed late in the evening in the middle of St Kilda Rd?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Are we talking about the unusual sights that have been occasionally witnessed late in the evening in the middle of St Kilda Rd?
Ja!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Buckets wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Teflon wrote:ahh......appreciate a PM from anyone who or everyone who are clearly more in the know than I am.

Tks
likewise

Ta
Same here please!
Can I get a bit of the action as well

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

well I dunno what u guys Are on about but I heard some massive news today re: major shake ups to the Sunday footy show line up today from
some guys who are definately in the know. Will b on later to explain further. (I'm currently on my phone)

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

luke.l_26 wrote:well I dunno what u guys Are on about but I heard some massive news today re: major shake ups to the Sunday footy show line up today from
some guys who are definately in the know. Will b on later to explain further. (I'm currently on my phone)
It was in the media yesterday that Tony Jones has been axed as the host and replaced by James Brayshaw.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

luke.l_26 wrote:well I dunno what u guys Are on about but I heard some massive news today re: major shake ups to the Sunday footy show line up today from
If you are referring to Tony Jones being dumped as host and replaced with JB.....it was in both of yesterdays papers ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Pilgram
Club Player

the amount of political rubbish that exists within that network makes canberra look like a game of you're it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd say by getting rid of Jones that are trying to appeal to a wider audience, I think Brayshaw will bring a connection to the young audience that perhaps watch Thursday nights footy show? Any news on who will replace Bickley?

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

I would also love a PM about the mysterious whisper during prelim... no idea what's going on!

Go saints in '09!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I'd say by getting rid of Jones that are trying to appeal to a wider audience, I think Brayshaw will bring a connection to the young audience that perhaps watch Thursday nights footy show? Any news on who will replace Bickley?
Thanks God TOny JOnes is gone - terrible. Can't talk about football, tries to be funny and just isn't. See ya TJ.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I'd say by getting rid of Jones that are trying to appeal to a wider audience, I think Brayshaw will bring a connection to the young audience that perhaps watch Thursday nights footy show? Any news on who will replace Bickley?
Thanks God TOny JOnes is gone - terrible. Can't talk about football, tries to be funny and just isn't. See ya TJ.
I found him just a whole lot of cheaps shots at other people's expense (shrugs) maybe people find that kind of humour funny, but it's not my thing...

fingers
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
fingers wrote:
I found him just a whole lot of cheaps shots at other people's expense (shrugs) maybe people find that kind of humour funny, but it's not my thing...
Yeah that's what I was trying to say LOL

saintm
Club Player

Read somewhere, either Sunday's Age or Herald Sun, that Nathan Thompson was going to be a regular panellist on the Sunday Footy Show next year.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:
Read somewhere, either Sunday's Age or Herald Sun, that Nathan Thompson was going to be a regular panellist on the Sunday Footy Show next year.
That's actually a good move in my opinion, I really enjoy his clever funny. I think he will do really well from a media perspective, watched him a couple of times on Fridays Tipoff and he was a natural. Mustn't be any bad vibes between Thommo and Brayshaw then?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
saintm wrote:
That's actually a good move in my opinion, I really enjoy his clever funny. I think he will do really well from a media perspective, watched him a couple of times on Fridays Tipoff and he was a natural. Mustn't be any bad vibes between Thommo and Brayshaw then?
Shane Crawford a regular too ( he announced on Nova this week)

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
saintm wrote:
Shane Crawford a regular too ( he announced on Nova this week)
Great, now I'm going to have to avoid the Sunday footy show aswell :roll: :roll: :roll:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:D I think I may actually enjoy the Sunday Footy Show next season, thanks for the updates. All it will need, is guest appearance now and then from one of our boys.

snippa
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
fingers wrote:
Sounds familiar....TFS anyone :roll:

I am the king of the divan
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Actually I'm dissapointed to hear this news

TJ kept the SFS from becoming the "MMM with pictures" show...BT, Spud, Doc..now JB..God the MMM blokey in-jokes will be flying around endlessly now.

Ive met TJ a couple of times. Doesnt suffer fools gladly but is a personable bloke with a very under-used (imo) dark and dry sense of humour...oh and the best AFL boundary rider in the caper by that much that its not funny

Won me over with the way he stuck to his guns during "Whispers in the sky"

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:
If you are referring to Tony Jones being dumped as host and replaced with JB.....it was in both of yesterdays papers ;-)
lol yeah that'd be the one.
I didn't get yesterday's paper so I didn't know haha. oh well. my bad. didn't see it written up anywhere. :oops: :P

That being said, I loved Tony Jones. IMO, he made that show. And he certainly was a breath of fresh air compared to the "usual" that channel 9 serves up all the time.
While I like JB, he's a bit.. eh. Everywhere...

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
fingers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Won me over with the way he stuck to his guns during "Whispers in the sky"
Good call.

Pilgram
Club Player

luke.l_26 wrote: While I like JB, he's a bit.. eh. Everywhere...
\
"..and nowhere at once"

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

And just out of curiosity, I wouldn't mind finding out thru a pm also

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Are we talking about the unusual sights that have been occasionally witnessed late in the evening in the middle of St Kilda Rd?
:lol: :roll: :wink: !!

groupie1
Club Player

i'd like that PM too - fascinated

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga