Blake-dislocated shoulder

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

boneless23
Club Player

Blake-dislocated shoulder

He is very unlikely for next week.

This is going to stretch the backline ever further.

Schillaci
Club Player

Came off holding his wrist. The ball hit his forearm as he contested a mark with his hands over his head. Didn't appear to be any other contact from what I could tell.

All I was thinking was "Sh!t that's all we need"

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On the radio they said the club claimed it was a dislocated thumb...
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 07 Sep 2008 7:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Batnoe

Players generally hold their wrist if it is a shoulder injury/collarbone... i think it is a dislocation as apposed to collarbone and could be alright if he didnt do any ligaments on the way... As it was only the ball that hit it i dont think it did but you just dont know

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

To the shrew sitting behind me in M52 row dd, whose words when Blake went off were -"well he's no loss"
I repeat to you that he has been the most underated player in the team and we will miss him big time next week.
And madam, tell me about the golden boys who let us down instead of bagging Blake.
Shame on you

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Can one of our anatomy students help us out here.

I always thought that the shoulder was at one end of the arm and the thumb at the other. I am confused :? :roll: !!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I'm hoping wrist not shoulder, he got it trying to spoil and the ball whacked him on the inside of the lower forearm. Blake plays with both his shoulder and wrist strapped so he has problems with both joints.
I hope you got a photo of the woman bad mouthing Blake, so we can publicly humiliate her...

Seeya
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

No photo, blonde, middle aged (hang on that's me, except I love Blakey) but plenty of people around her made sure we all gave Blakey our personal support as he came off. And she shut up after that.

Winmar
Club Player

He was holding his wrist or thereabouts when he came off. I'm not sure where Danny Frawley got the shoulder idea from on MMM!

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I felt awful when I saw him on the turf. Then I watched the replay, laughed and said, "even the football is injuring us!" :lol:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
doggerel
Club Player

from AFK site at 7.06pm:

ST KILDA defender Jason Blake is expected to be right to play in next Saturday night's first semi-final against Collingwood at the MCG, despite injuring his right thumb during his side's 58-point loss to Geelong at the 'G on Sunday.

Blake suffered the injury mid-way through the final term, but his coach Ross Lyon was optimistic the versatile Saint would be ready to go against the Pies.

"Jason Blake, he came off with a thumb, which he had a guard on," Lyon said post-match.

"He just jarred that and he was pretty sore, but we're confident that he'll be fine."

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

doggerel wrote:from AFK site at 7.06pm:

ST KILDA defender Jason Blake is expected to be right to play in next Saturday night's first semi-final against Collingwood at the MCG, despite injuring his right thumb during his side's 58-point loss to Geelong at the 'G on Sunday.

Blake suffered the injury mid-way through the final term, but his coach Ross Lyon was optimistic the versatile Saint would be ready to go against the Pies.

"Jason Blake, he came off with a thumb, which he had a guard on," Lyon said post-match.

"He just jarred that and he was pretty sore, but we're confident that he'll be fine."
So it sounds like he will miss the next 2 weeks then.

barneyboyz
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:To the shrew sitting behind me in M52 row dd, whose words when Blake went off were -"well he's no loss"
I repeat to you that he has been the most underated player in the team and we will miss him big time next week.
And madam, tell me about the golden boys who let us down instead of bagging Blake.
Shame on you
Is a tireless, selfless, unrewarded hero. After T Swartzz left the club Blake took his mantle and for what it is worth I would gladly accept any result dealt out to my Sainters, as long as blokes ike Jason Blake play for us, such is the respect he deserves.

Scott

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: