Perth media after yesterday's game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Perth media after yesterday's game

A note for my Perth Sainter colleagues.
Did anyone watch ABC news last night? The sports headline was :

No, not about how the Saints pinched fourth after an inspired performance.

It was about how the WCE had avoided the wooden spoon because Richmond flogged the Dees. Preaching to the converted I know, but christ it's annoying.
The most one eyed parochial, chip on the shoulder mob in the country.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I think that last line might suit the South Australian footy fans more...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

They're just serving their audience.

Most of whom aren't Sainters - sadly!

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:They're just serving their audience.

agreed..you cater to your market.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
St Michele
Club Player

Did you expect anything less??? The media here is so biased towards the WA teams the paper even managed not to mention it on the back page ( Buddy's 100) but who they are going to swap the Freo vice for.

I don't think we or any none WA team can do anything big enough to actually get some decent recognition form the media!

Michele

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well u should see the adelaide footy liftout in todays advertiser...
the footy liftout is called FullTime and it sits in the middle of the paper.

i grabbed a copy when i finally managed to get hold of the herald sun.
the front page of the liftout has a photo of the essendon players with the 4 retirees on their shoulders....
not too bad....
BUT...
in peverals hand they have superimposed a big silver plater/shield/dish with an envelope that says fourth place on it.
the headline is...
DISGRACE: pitiful essendon hands St Kilda fourth place on a plater

wanker crows bias paper idiots

starsign
Club Player

Bet the Power fans loved it though!
And they did there bit to salvage a bit of joy from a crappy year LOL!

spidoir
Club Player

St Michele wrote:The media here is so biased towards the WA teams the paper even managed not to mention it on the back page ( Buddy's 100) but who they are going to swap the Freo vice for.

I don't think we or any none WA team can do anything big enough to actually get some decent recognition form the media!

Michele
note that Buddy Franklin is a WA boy too. Either WA team or some connection with WA will be on the back of the paper for anything to do with football. They must have a quota of articles to fill with the words "Western Australian"

Still, they can write all they like, we're top 4 and on the march, baby!

"The line 'I'm a mad St Kilda supporter' is one of life's great tautologies, because sanity has never been a requisite to follow the fortunes of the red, white and black"
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Well I hope Voss accepts the coaching job at the Lions.

F*** the Eagles and all the media over here

Another opportunity awaits!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:They're just serving their audience.

Most of whom aren't Sainters - sadly!
jesus Everton, enough of this balanced and calm assessment of the facts. Some emotive slagging off where it's due please. :wink:

Griggsy
SS Life Member

lol you seem surprised. The bias in the perth media has always been to their clubs, i.e last week, 10minutes about a possible Kerr trade that is not even confirmed so it was 10 minutes of guessing, then 20 seconds about harveys last home game.

They should cater to all teams, not for just their fans but for those who enjoy footy as a whole and not just parts.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:lol you seem surprised. The bias in the perth media has always been to their clubs, i.e last week, 10minutes about a possible Kerr trade that is not even confirmed so it was 10 minutes of guessing, then 20 seconds about harveys last home game.

They should cater to all teams, not for just their fans but for those who enjoy footy as a whole and not just parts.
as others have said, it's to be expected, but it doesn't make it any easier to hear week after week after week after week after week. I rang the ABC once during a Sheffield Shield cricket match when the ABC commentators had reported on WA vs NSW without a reference to any NSW players except to call them, "them", without giving any bowling or batting figures for anyone from NSW and referring to WA as "we" and "us".
Perth ABC basically told me, "too bad, we only broadcast to WA so get used to it."
That kind of blatant bias is why I love to see them beaten. I support two teams. St.Kilda and whoever's playing anyone from WA.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
Griggsy wrote:lol you seem surprised. The bias in the perth media has always been to their clubs, i.e last week, 10minutes about a possible Kerr trade that is not even confirmed so it was 10 minutes of guessing, then 20 seconds about harveys last home game.

as others have said, it's to be expected, but it doesn't make it any easier to hear week after week after week after week after week. I rang the ABC once during a Sheffield Shield cricket match when the ABC commentators had reported on WA vs NSW without a reference to any NSW players except to call them, "them", without giving any bowling or batting figures for anyone from NSW and referring to WA as "we" and "us".
Perth ABC basically told me, "too bad, we only broadcast to WA so get used to it."
That kind of blatant bias is why I love to see them beaten. I support two teams. St.Kilda and whoever's playing anyone from WA.
i like the wildcats though lol :oops: :P

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
i like the wildcats though lol :oops: :P
nah mate. Haven't forgotten when Melbourne Tigers beat them in the final on the Wildcats home court.
Whilst the championship medallions were being presented to the Melbourne players, the Perth crowd booed right through it. Pure class.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Well, we had to put up with years of the Collingwood Football Show when Eddie was host... so we can understand how ya feel :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:well u should see the adelaide footy liftout in todays advertiser...
the footy liftout is called FullTime and it sits in the middle of the paper.

i grabbed a copy when i finally managed to get hold of the herald sun.
the front page of the liftout has a photo of the essendon players with the 4 retirees on their shoulders....
not too bad....
BUT...
in peverals hand they have superimposed a big silver plater/shield/dish with an envelope that says fourth place on it.
the headline is...
DISGRACE: pitiful essendon hands St Kilda fourth place on a plater

wanker crows bias paper idiots
heraldsun was sold out but my old man always comes round for a monday chat with the advertiser - opened to that page and couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes! (large chips on their juvenile shoulders those poor croweaters!)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "