FIORA IN THIS WEEK????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

villasaint
Club Player

FIORA IN THIS WEEK????

Interesting to see if Fiora gets straight back in this weekend. I hope not. Give someone who played well in the two's a go. I don't want to say anything more about Fiora b/c it will turn into a rather negative post.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I would think that X Clarke, Birss & Jack Steven are all ahead of Fizzer ATM !!

villasaint
Club Player

Fiora would be fitter than X, Steven is yet to play senior footy and would be a bit of a risk given the importance of the game . Birss is the most likely. I would prefer that we gave Steven a chance. Reserves form ok. A goal sneak might get under the crows gaurd. Could go the opposite was also. Particularly if the had to play on someone like stiffy johncock

SaintWal
Club Player

Agree with both. No room at the moment. I have thought Fiora has really struggled when he has got a game this year and definitely looks a better player when the team is "up" then again don't they all.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

who cares either way?

when is this forum going to move on from its obsession with fiora. whether he is in or out has no bearing on anything. if he is still in the mix it shows we are weak in the midfield.

lets talk about how we are going to improve our midfield . we need 2 or 3 good new mids. do we try to recruit a kid? a smoky (dalziel) or a known champ (kerr)? or all 3??

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:who cares either way?

when is this forum going to move on from its obsession with fiora. he is in or out has no bearing on anything.
Isn't that the problem? with someone of his age and experience he should be contributing- otherwise he's just taking up a spot on the list of someone who has a future!

case in point- joey getting some games under the belt a few years ago certainly helped him be the player he is today.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Re: FIORA IN THIS WEEK????

villasaint wrote:Interesting to see if Fiora gets straight back in this weekend. I hope not. Give someone who played well in the two's a go. I don't want to say anything more about Fiora b/c it will turn into a rather negative post.
so why start the thread?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

duckduckduckgoose wrote:

when is this forum going to move on from its obsession with fiora. he is in or out has no bearing on anything.
Isn't that the problem? with someone of his age and experience he should be contributing- otherwise he's just taking up a spot on the list of someone who has a future!

case in point- joey getting some games under the belt a few years ago certainly helped him be the player he is today.
the coach will decide accordingly if he plays, and if he stays.

case in point: Joey hasn't exactly set the world on fire this year.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

X is the main factor in Fizz's selection. If he isn't up to it, and milne misses, then Fiora will play.

Raph (who replaced Fiora) played a better game than any of Fiora's last 3 or 4, so i doubt he will come back into the side at the expense of Raph.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Fizz would be no hope this week. Yes he was suspended but he would have been dropped anyway. X will come in if fit otherwise Birss.

jill
Club Player

X & Birss have been great in last couple of Scorpians games - must get the nod ahead of Fiora.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

when is this forum going to move on from its obsession with fiora. whether he is in or out has no bearing on anything. if he is still in the mix it shows we are weak in the midfield.

lets talk about how we are going to improve our midfield . we need 2 or 3 good new mids. do we try to recruit a kid? a smoky (dalziel) or a known champ (kerr)? or all 3??
Chill bro. This thread is about selection. We're all interested in selection !!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Fiora demands immediate selection and will return to the team, the starting 18, this week.

I'd even start him in the guts so he can use his ball winning ability and clearance extraction powers to move us forward.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Fiora demands immediate selection and will return to the team, the starting 18, this week.

I'd even start him in the guts so he can use his ball winning ability and clearance extraction powers to move us forward.
Not to mention how hard he is at the man.

His physical pressure is beyond reproach.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Fiora demands immediate selection and will return to the team, the starting 18, this week.

Not to mention how hard he is at the man.

His physical pressure is beyond reproach.
Just ask that Collingwood tough man, the first gamer, John McCarthy, how tough an opponent Fiora is.

Hell, McCarthy didn't see him coming and went down like a sack of spuds. It was one of the toughest hits of the year.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

never again.... never ever again... surely Ross can see the writing on the wall with this guy....

its over for Fiora...

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I hope he gets selected... just to annoy the carp out of you people. :twisted:

Fiora > Birss.

Birss is too slow and cannot provide run and carry. Only reason Birss would get a gig is to replace Ball... which didn't happen last week.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:I hope he gets selected... just to annoy the carp out of you people. :twisted:

Fiora > Birss.

Birss is too slow and cannot provide run and carry. Only reason Birss would get a gig is to replace Ball... which didn't happen last week.
Gee that makes alot of sense... Select a player who will be to the detriment of our team to annoy us haters... Is that sorta like you posting incessently on here for a month on every thread just to annoy...

Are you this forums fiora??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Chill bro. This thread is about selection. We're all interested in selection !!
ok ok. ive taken my medication now. im relaxed :lol:

killa_gram
Club Player

Anyone else notice how we always win when Fiora is not in the team?

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
bergsone
SS Life Member

Should not have been in the team before suspension.So we wont put him in now will we ROSS

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:I hope he gets selected... just to annoy the carp out of you people. :twisted:

Fiora > Birss.

Gee that makes alot of sense... Select a player who will be to the detriment of our team to annoy us haters... Is that sorta like you posting incessently on here for a month on every thread just to annoy...

Are you this forums fiora??
Sorry, was there a quota???

Makes no more sense that people incessintly asking for certain players to be selected because they want to see them "get a run"... regardless if they are ready to play AFL or not.

Point in case: Geary. Woo hoo... 40 touches in VFL then does nothing in seniors. Same with Armo.

At least my posts have some substance, instead of the incessent bagging of players, and coaches and anyone else for that matter :roll: Whic is exactly what this post has become. Another stupid thread that gives Fiora baggers an opp to get stuck into him again.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote: Sorry, was there a quota???

Makes no more sense that people incessintly asking for certain players to be selected because they want to see them "get a run"... regardless if they are ready to play AFL or not.

Point in case: Geary. Woo hoo... 40 touches in VFL then does nothing in seniors. Same with Armo.

At least my posts have some substance, instead of the incessent bagging of players, and coaches and anyone else for that matter :roll: Whic is exactly what this post has become. Another stupid thread that gives Fiora baggers an opp to get stuck into him again.
Setting yourself up as a quality control authority I see Wayne. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Should Fiora be selected? It's a legitimate question given Lyon's predilection for selecting soft, outside players who've had repeated opportunities and 8 years to step up when it counts only to disappoint. Oh my, that sounds like Fiora.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Eastern wrote:I would think that X Clarke, Birss & Jack Steven are all ahead of Fizzer ATM !!
I'm with you. RL must have caught Birss in bed with his wife I'ved loved the way this guy goes about his footy he might lack silky skills but from giving 100 percent gut busting effort finishes with a fair performance compared to some others he's being ignored for like this girl.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote: Sorry, was there a quota???

Setting yourself up as a quality control authority I see Wayne. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Should Fiora be selected? It's a legitimate question given Lyon's predilection for selecting soft, outside players who've had repeated opportunities and 8 years to step up when it counts only to disappoint. Oh my, that sounds like Fiora.
Actually, far from it... just being a smartarze in what is otherwise a slow day. :lol:

Selection or otherwise of Fiora is a mute point IMHO. Don't care either way. IIRC, we won against Hawks and Port didn't we... was he playing?

I don't see the point in people offering up another reason for others to bag a player. IMHO.

Point was that he brings more to the team than some of the "kids" that people are drooling about, yet have not delivered as yet.

Any changes over the next 2 weeks should only be due to injury, or if there is a better player staking a claim. In which case, the lesser performer will be dropped. Simple.

Birss has been stiff, yet when he gets selected, some people bag him also. Problem is that he gets shown up against quicker teams, and his lack of pace is a problem IMO. Whereas Fiora, when on song can run the lines and kick long.