Out they come Out they come

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Classic!!!

This happened to me once before where I left my computer logged on to Hotmail when I was entertaining few friends at my humble abode - unbeknownst to me a so called mate went upstairs to go to the toilet and so happened to come across my hotmail activated computer and proceeded to email a rather dodgy letter to as few choice mutual friends - unfortunately the next week I had a lot of explaining to do!!!! :oops:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

gazrat wrote:
someone comes in and changes it all one day

you mean , like a messiah?

:)
No just someone at a high enough level who has the right leadership skills that is prepared to recognise and address that we have a culture problem that obviously for whatever reason so many don't want to accept or believe.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I too have sat with TTSF at games, talked all things Sainters over beers, and found him excellent company.

Gobsmacked at his post..can only hope someone learnt his password or theres a masive amount of alcohol involved.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Out they come Out they come

TimeToShineFellas wrote:........ out they come to play!

Yep no more passion this side of the fence!

I would love to say that this is the classic example of the WORST run football club in Australia.

I used to bleed for this Club, I "chucked a buck" for this football club in the late 1980s and early 1990's, I sat at the MCG and cried my guts out in 1997 when Jarman killed us and I cried out for Stan to make a change on that day - he did when it was too late and we got done.

Then I waited another 7 years for us to become great again. Well we did - for 2 years. We also inherited the biggest liability we ever had in Grant Thomas. A dog, a money-gubbing PIG and a man who "bled for his club"....... as long as the bottom line supported his enormous "bottom line" that he used to sit on in the coaches' box on game day.

We also inherited a man who probably never inherited great morals - Rod Butterss - might have buggered up a few times - but I tell you what - so much BETTER than Greg Wasteaway - possibly the worst EVER president in the history of the league - I fail to see how he will EVER stand up for the StK FC.

Well, it doesn't worry me anymore actually. This football club is the 2nd biggest laughing stock in the league (bar Fremantle). It is pathetic, full of pathetic people down from it's presidency to its boot studders to its members to the person that cant afford to buy a membership. It is insidious, pathetic, devoid of culture, devoid of the community spirit, lacks warmth, lacks vitality, lacks LOYALTY, I could go on and on and on and on about this Club but I won't.....

So that's why I give up this Club. My family has supported this Club since it was practically born. My grand-dad used to love this Club. In fact when he passed away I wrote an open letter to GT imploring this Club to actually dig deep and win a Flag for my grand-dad. Not only did they fail to win the flag, but a man who "bled" for this Club never answered my email that I wrote to him. What a pig.... Further proof that the man who could deliver us a Flag failed to connect with his supporters. Pathetic actually. It really hurt me, and it hurt my family too. it was the greatest passion my Granddad had.

I happen to work in North Melbourne. Every few weeks I am visited by Kangaroos players asking me about memberships. I have alwas stayed loyal to my beliefs. But I see support that they give for their Club. I see they are a family, they have the "shin-boner spirit", and the loyalty and passion they have for their Club. I have never once received a members email or sms from the StKFC. I have never once received a membership reminder let alone anything from the StKFC. They are the most pathetic run Club or organisation I have ever experienced. I have or was a Member since 1990.

As for on-field, there is a bloke I have always hoped wpuld retire with a Premiership Medallion - Robert Harvey. The guy busts his guts for the Club. Sorry to tell you Rob, it aint going to happen with the biggest bunch of millionaire's boys club you could ever meet. Go spend time with Danielle and your kids. I tell you what kids are the greatest gift you can ever get, so my advice would be to forget what you hoped for and live your life as a happy happy man.

Anyway I happened to buy as membership for the North Melbourne Football Club last week. I will see you all later. yes people CAN change clubs it takes a moment of clarity to realise that they have wasted half their lives giving money to a bunch of spineless, dickless, hopeless bunch of neanderthal, money-grubbing bunch of sissy girls who have NEVER given a sh**te about their supporters (yes you ALL know its true - they have never cared about what we think).

Enjoy more years of mediocrity. You ALL know you will NEVER win a Flag in your living years.

Go Roos!

Don't ever ever doubt my loyalty, doubt your organisation's loyalty that are happy to take your money, tease you and then leave you with no satisfaction whatsoever.

By the way this is meant to be a statement, so enjoy reading and abusing to your hearts contet. I am as stubborn as they come so I don't really care what kind of vitriol comes this way.......
deonj't let the door bang you on the arse on the way out.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

is it about feeling connected?

working close to the Roos, players calling in- I had heard earlier in the year of Roos staff actually buying memberhsips for people who vaguely expressed an interest-- did they know a target when it presented? If you had worked down the road from Linton st maybe the same would have happened.

your opther alternative would have been to buy an extra membership for the Saints in memory of your grandad to make it that he was continuing to support.

I have had reason to feel connected to the Saints this year and as with many things the feeling of wellbeing you recieve when you are recognised is huge,but I don't support them for that reason,

maybe the target of your e-mail wasn't the right one, but really we can ask for their best but can we really expect them to deliver a premieship just like that- there are 15 other teams and associated factors that need to be overcome

yes a reply to an e-mail would be nice bUT I know I fail in that aspect regularly.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GSG
Club Player

To tell you the truth, to a point a certainly agree with TTSF, but this would not make me change clubs. I’ll always support the Saints.

But, yep, this is definitely the worst run club. Butterrs had his fair share of criticism, but he did pay off the debts and kept club in the black. His big mistake was GT!
I acknowledge GT’s good points, but he was a despot. Most of all he was the driving force behind giving away Tassie. Now this would be the biggest brain fart ever. …… Hawthorn is laughing all the way to the bank with a $4m profit, while the Saints last year stumbled into the red again, only slightly, but still red.

Re GT’s win. He obviously was right, a blunder we can blame on Rod, but the current administration took over and should have looked at the whole affair more closely. Now it’s going to cost them some $50,000 more. Not that this would worry them. Over the past few years, the AFL fined St. Kilda twice some $50,000 for lodging documents too late!

We’re the most invisible club. Does anybody ever see or hear from Mr. Westaway? My confidence in the president, coach and the club as a whole is rock bottom.

Even though they win, I hate their style of play and so do most of our members. Unless we win most of the remaining games (of which I’m not at all convinced), we’ll be lucky to get 25,000 members next year.

Recently I heard somebody on talk-back (a Saint supporter) refer to the club as a basket case. I used to get really annoyed with callers like him, but I was shocked to realise that this time I actually agree with him (well almost anyway)!

Saintschampions08
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Fancy a coach not answering a supporter. Get in the real world loser and piss off to North. Dont need people like you.
Spot on.

HarveysDeciple

Hey guys.

I know this poster well and had a chat with him upon discussing the thread.

He comes from a family of 3 generations of saints fans and would never jump ship.

He had some mates over on friday night after he had been posting and hadn't logged out.

These mates take the piss out of him all the time and he jokingly stated that the saints had been giving him the s***s and maybe he should join the roos given how they keep coming buy with memberships.

Whilst he was down stairs watching the footy his mates ran with it as a prank and posted it here.

This bloke is a diehard. traveled to adelaide for the finals in 04 and 05, and I have sat with him at games many times.

Would never abandon club and would like to apologise for the angst caused.

this thread will be locked, but please read and disregard all said before this post.