If I was Dal Santo......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Spinner wrote:It's funny, we have the moron brigade criticizing the fact that Armitage was dropped albeit his 4 touches the previous week......Yet people seem to be content with the dropping of Dal Santo.

We have some absolute dicks on this site, it hardly makes it worth the effort.
I dont agree with Dal being dropped but your OP was pathetic. If Dal Santo cant show some true heart in the reserves he is welcome to spit it and get traded at seasons end.

Show the world the coach was wrong to drop you not sook and squib it.

Dal Santo is no sook or squib. He will face the dropping like a grown up and will be back bigger and better than ever.

Dal anto will be fine. However Milne, Fiora, Schneider, Raph Clarke should seriously consider if they want to play AFL football and start pulling their fingers out.
You are correct. He will take it like a man (I hope) because of the person he is.....But I wouldn't want to play for a team that orchestrated me as a scape goat.

Some key points:
1 - I dont think Dal Santos form has warranted omittion.
2 - I think he has been used as the scape goat....the big name to send the message to the playing group.

And for those two reasons alone, I would tell the St Kilda Football Club to go stick it, and find a suitable trade for me at the end of the season. And if I was really pissed, Id enter the pre-season draft.

If RL and the St K FC aren't willing to play him combined with the fact he didn't deserve being dropped and was used to send a message to others.....Well I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to be there.

And to those dickheads who are shouting "lets see him dominate in the reserves before he comes back up..." What the f*** for? How does that help St Kilda in the slightest?
How did Garry Ablett Jnr react???

saint4life
SainterX
Club Player

Bowden got dropped because it was felt there were players who could perform better than him at the time.

Who out of the players brought in can do better than Dal even at less than best form?

Wonder if he would dare to drop Roo if he became a little "soft" also? Or would RL be under orders not to rock the boat and have Roo looking north?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

An aside that could affect Dal's reaction...

During the Hutchy interview yesterday, Lyon started by saying the reason was that Dal Santo was not following behaviours decided on by the leadreship group.

Then Hutchy - in true sports reporter fashion - asked his next prepared question instead of following up and asking what involvement the leadership group had taken and been given in the decision.

Is this Ross Lyon in isolation? Or is this actually a team thing. "If I were Dal Santo" my reaction would be far different if it were a message from my teammates than a move of desperation from a coach further below expectations than my play...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Ice Wolf
Club Player

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:An aside that could affect Dal's reaction...

During the Hutchy interview yesterday, Lyon started by saying the reason was that Dal Santo was not following behaviours decided on by the leadreship group.

Then Hutchy - in true sports reporter fashion - asked his next prepared question instead of following up and asking what involvement the leadership group had taken and been given in the decision.

Is this Ross Lyon in isolation? Or is this actually a team thing. "If I were Dal Santo" my reaction would be far different if it were a message from my teammates than a move of desperation from a coach further below expectations than my play...
What interview? All i saw was Hutchy and a channel 9 camera crew ambushing our coach in the Moorabbin carpark as he was probably trying to get to his car.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Whether I agree with the decision or not is neither here or there as I believe he'll play tonight as I don't think Harves is 100% so this may just be a shot across the bow of the SS Dal Santo.

saints11
Club Player

danners wrote:totally agree

how the hell can mcqualter, gwilt, dempster get games over dal and birss

disgraceful
demspter's alright

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

danners wrote:totally agree

how the hell can mcqualter, gwilt, dempster get games over dal and birss

disgraceful
2 separate issues.
but agree we need to de-list blake at seasons end and gwilt needs to pull his finger out from his rear end big time.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Ice Wolf wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:An aside that could affect Dal's reaction...

What interview? All i saw was Hutchy and a channel 9 camera crew ambushing our coach in the Moorabbin carpark as he was probably trying to get to his car.
It was on the footy show.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: If I was Dal Santo......

Spinner wrote:I would seriously want the club to lose this week, i'd be so filthy. Without a doubt, I want them to struggle and regret using me as an unworthy scape goat. Thats how I would feel as an AFL player in his position, and anyone that has played would know that player loyalty isn't the same one of which keeps us all logging into this site.

Remember these players don't come from the same supporter depth as fans....They actually barracked for other (and probably more successful) AFL teams. Id be already half way to earning double the money, and more accurate to my worth If I was Nick.

This is an absolute slap in the face for the bloke. And regardless of the result on the weekend, or for the rest of the season, I am truly embarrassed to be a St Kilda supporter today.

We have done the opposition a favor, and well and truly continued to be a laughing stock of opposition fans.

Looks like Gehrig wasn't enough of a scapegoat.
Spinner and The_Dud....

I always remember my wise grandmother telling me "better to keep your mouth shut, and let people think you're a fool. Than to open it and confirm their suspicions."
Guess it translates to the modern era with keyboards as well.

Seeya
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Will be back this week if Lendog is out as it certainly looks.

No way we will go into a game without Hayes AND Dal.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Will be back this week if Lendog is out as it certainly looks.

No way we will go into a game without Hayes AND Dal.
In the old system that might have been the case but Lyon seem clear on his new system of not picking players on name alone.

Dal has to prove his worth tomorrow playing for Casey.