G Train meeting now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

G Train meeting now

Sen are reporting Frase is in now with Ross (and the rest of the team) and a decision on his future is imminent, also saying Roo may be right to play this week and if so its bye bye G Train?

Before Im 85
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

They'll drop him again for the week.....bring him in against melbourne.....hope he kicks 5+ and gets his confidence back.....if he fails at that task then it may be time to hang them up.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Please keep us updated on any news - that would be great and much appreciated thanks

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
secretsaint

I expect he will stay on then list list and do what is asked of him by Lyon in a number of games. He will probably play 2/3 of games and most likely not travel interstate.

As he said on BTG, he was pick no. 70, what can we expect from him or any other pick at that level?

Good luck big fella, keep us entertained until the end of September...

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

secretsaint wrote:I expect he will stay on then list list and do what is asked of him by Lyon in a number of games. He will probably play 2/3 of games and most likely not travel interstate.

As he said on BTG, he was pick no. 70, what can we expect from him or any other pick at that level?

Good luck big fella, keep us entertained until the end of September...

pick 57 (4th round) not 70

Buckets
SS Life Member

If they can not in any shape or form place G on the LTI list then it would be very silly for him to retire! If G retires it means that we are effectively one man down for the remainder of the year.
What ever happens i wish Frase all the best for the future!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Buckets
SS Life Member

Any word??????

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SaintWal
Club Player

Buckets wrote:Any word??????
Shaggyisagimp

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Still waiting for the coin to land! The joke is, it's a double headed coin. But who's called what? Third base.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Hang em up Fraser.

Poor decision to return in the first place and poor decision by Ross to allow it.

Enjoy retirement and building your commercial empire.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Hang em up Fraser.

Poor decision to return in the first place and poor decision by Ross to allow it.

Was a gamble, didn't work out.

What did we lose out of it? Pick 57ish.

What we really have lost is 8 rounds of developing a new player (like Allen), who may have been played since Round 1 and yet more confusion for poor old Kosi who doesn't know where he belongs!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Rubbish
He has the third best goal average at the club, better than Kosi.
The guy cant run anymore, but camp him in the goal square, place armitage-schneider at his feet, & you have a winning tactic.
You watch his games this year he hasnt marked many but more importantly he hasnt been out marked.
Cheap pick up, and one of the best players the club has seen.
He does not deserve supporters ridicule or derision.

Seeya
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:

Rubbish
He has the third best goal average at the club, better than Kosi.
The guy cant run anymore, but camp him in the goal square, place armitage-schneider at his feet, & you have a winning tactic.
You watch his games this year he hasnt marked many but more importantly he hasnt been out marked.
Cheap pick up, and one of the best players the club has seen.
He does not deserve supporters ridicule or derision.
he was used deep in the goal square on friday night at times and he did nothing. he needs retire im afraid, bring in allen. see what he can do

spert
Saintsational Legend

A player who contributes nothing in a loss, in a forward line that can hardly get a respectable score is not a player to build a future on. This is the time to blood new players.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

But wan't he off the ground every time someone kicked long to the forward line on Friday night? I feel sorry for him...he could have gone out in a blaze of glory, instead he comes back and gets picked to bit for not producing miracles...coach the team to kick to him for gawd sake and leave him on the ground to do his job. His form won't get better sitting on the bench.

And yes, Allen this week please!

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:But wan't he off the ground every time someone kicked long to the forward line on Friday night? I feel sorry for him...he could have gone out in a blaze of glory, instead he comes back and gets picked to bit for not producing miracles...coach the team to kick to him for gawd sake and leave him on the ground to do his job. His form won't get better sitting on the bench.

he was on the ground most of the match , he was dragged because of not kicking any, not doing anything picking him this year was a waste, he never should have came back, the legend he is retire now G give the kids a go

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, well I'm all up for that...Brisbane will pick him to bits if they send him up with his current form. Allen's ripe for a shot.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:
degruch wrote:But wan't he off the ground every time someone kicked long to the forward line on Friday night? I feel sorry for him...he could have gone out in a blaze of glory, instead he comes back and gets picked to bit for not producing miracles...coach the team to kick to him for gawd sake and leave him on the ground to do his job. His form won't get better sitting on the bench.

he was on the ground most of the match , he was dragged because of not kicking any, not doing anything picking him this year was a waste, he never should have came back, the legend he is retire now G give the kids a go
Thats a fairly naive view of it, I would think.

He may have had a fair amount of game time, but how often was the ball kicked long to him?

How often did he have a chance to run into space at delivered ball?

How often did we give him a chance to get the ball, either in space or one on one?

Too many times we mucked around with the ball for minutes, while collingwood zoned back, got defenders infront of G so he has to cope with 3 or 4 defenders - and THEN we kick it to him?

Same with Kosi.

Watch the actual game, not just the player's end result.

How about in the last quarter, Milne the only one in the forward 50, with FOUR collingwood players within 20m of him? Forced to kick it to a one on four - with that one being our smallest player, and weakest contested and overhead mark.

Makes sense, does it?

Gehrig's fault, is it?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, those were my thoughts too...at the pointy end of the game G was on the bench looking like a player about to retire, whilst we had a midget flying for contested marks with 2 Magpie backmen...I swear it happened about 3 times.

I agree, younger players need to be selectively slotted into the team to blood them...Allen or Gardiner are gonna replace him long term. Still, wasn't the big fella in this position this time last year? Certainly finished '07 with a bang. I wouldn't play him this week though.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

unfortunately i agree drop frase this week bring in Allen for sure and lets wait til we play melb til frase comes back!

Go saints in '09!
The Peanut
Club Player

n1ck wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:

He may have had a fair amount of game time, but how often was the ball kicked long to him?

How often did we give him a chance to get the ball, either in space or one on one?

Too many times we mucked around with the ball for minutes, while collingwood zoned back, got defenders infront of G so he has to cope with 3 or 4 defenders - and THEN we kick it to him?

Same with Kosi.

How about in the last quarter, Milne the only one in the forward 50, with FOUR collingwood players within 20m of him? Forced to kick it to a one on four - with that one being our smallest player, and weakest contested and overhead mark.

Makes sense, does it?

Gehrig's fault, is it?
The train might be out of form and the game may have left him behind with his general fitness and arthritis but I agree with much of this quoted post.

There is much disfunction in our forward line, and arguably our overall game so it's a little early for pointing the finger at Fraser and if so it must also be pointed at Kosi who also only kicked one goal on Friday night.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
n1ck wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:

Same with Kosi.

Makes sense, does it?

Gehrig's fault, is it?
The train might be out of form and the game may have left him behind with his general fitness and arthritis but I agree with much of this quoted post.

There is much disfunction in our forward line, and arguably our overall game so it's a little early for pointing the finger at Fraser and if so it must also be pointed at Kosi who also only kicked one goal on Friday night.
It isnt just people on here pointing the finger at him. The one person who counts is to.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Yes, you don't come out in the media with comments like Friday night if you haven't got an agenda.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Well, he was pretty hot on it...maybe he's gotta have a scapegoat for some weird coaching decisions, given Thommo is now having a dig???

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Which comes back to my original point. Ross should not have picked him up in the draft.

Sure it cost us little in terms of who and what he is...but it was a backwards looking step, not forward thinking.

I worry about that sort of thinking.