Rix looks like tarzan,plays like jane!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rama35
Club Player

Rix looks like tarzan,plays like jane!!!

I just have to say that Rix might try hard and do his best but he is not up to afl standad and never will be,just because you are six foot 7 and built like a brick out house does not mean you can play!!!.
I do understand that we have two injury prone ruck man and we do need a back up but Rix is not the answer.
The problem for me is that if we get our best 22 on the park we would be competitive against anyone but we have no depth in our list, it drops away terribly.
Hope we can regroup and have a win next round.
Ramma35

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

It's not Rix's fault he is in the team. With King and Gardiner out someone had to come in. You have to admire the guy for having a go, but he has no football ability whatsoever so you have to question why we have such a player on our list?

St.Kenny
Club Player

Our rucking continues to be our achilles. We are stil a retirement home for ruckman in the twighlight of their career...Kozy aside of course.
None of our current brigade makes me 'hot and sweaty'. More of the same if you ask me but with out the solid core well drilled hard at the ball mid fielders to cover up for the lack of rucking dominance.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I can remember a few years back West Coast fans said that one of their players LOOKED LIKE TARZAN, PLAYED LIKE JANE. That player;

FRASER GEHRIG !!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Rix looks like tarzan,plays like jane!!!

rama35 wrote:I just have to say that Rix might try hard and do his best but he is not up to afl standad and never will be,just because you are six foot 7 and built like a brick out house does not mean you can play!!!.
I do understand that we have two injury prone ruck man and we do need a back up but Rix is not the answer.
The problem for me is that if we get our best 22 on the park we would be competitive against anyone but we have no depth in our list, it drops away terribly.
Ramma35
yes nice pun, how bout, NDS looks like a Rolls Royce, plays like a Datsun 120Y
Depth is not our problem in the ruck dept: King, MG, Rix, Kosi, Blake, and two kids regarded as top quality (VanRheenen and McEvoy) It would have to be one of the best ruck lists in the league.

Seeya
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We gave a Rix a go - his final go - and told him to grasp it with both hands and prove himself.

He's had too many chances now and clearly, he's not up to it. With McEvoy on the senior list and playing well in the VFL, regardless of his youth, he must now be considered higher in the pecking order. I'm not expecting Leuenberger results, but we brought this bloke in as a ruckman, and from all accounts, he won't be out of place at AFL level - all whilst providing a contest equal to or better than Rix.

Rix Rox Ressies.

Quite frankly, if we're without Gardiner and King, I'd rather see us promote Allen as forward and move Kosi into the ruck alongside McEvoy.

That gives me confidence there's some natural ability there, plus a window to the future.

However, I fear Ross Lyon has more faith in a Jason Blake-Michael Rix super combo, which offers a package of crap skills and an inability to compete in the ruck.
Last edited by evertonfc on Mon 28 Apr 2008 6:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I can remember a few years back West Coast fans said that one of their players LOOKED LIKE TARZAN, PLAYED LIKE JANE. That player;

FRASER GEHRIG !!
And they were/are right. But at least Fraser had the skills to make up for it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rix looks like tarzan,plays like jane!!!

sunsaint wrote:
rama35 wrote:I just have to say that Rix might try hard and do his best but he is not up to afl standad and never will be,just because you are six foot 7 and built like a brick out house does not mean you can play!!!.
Ramma35
yes nice pun, how bout, NDS looks like a Rolls Royce, plays like a Datsun 120Y
Depth is not our problem in the ruck dept: King, MG, Rix, Kosi, Blake, and two kids regarded as top quality (VanRheenen and McEvoy) It would have to be one of the best ruck lists in the league.
regarded by whom ? McEvoy is some what rated as a future prospect but VR isnt rated by anyone but us die hard saints fans lets not get too carried away here

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:I can remember a few years back West Coast fans said that one of their players LOOKED LIKE TARZAN, PLAYED LIKE JANE. That player;

FRASER GEHRIG !!
Still does play like Jane.

Zero defensive skills and rarely if ever uses his size to intimidate.

bergsone
SS Life Member

like rix for his efforts,but not up to afl standard .no king no gardiner,why not play the young kid .who knows we may have another big carl .god knows we need one

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

That's an insult - to Jane!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:like rix for his efforts,but not up to afl standard .no king no gardiner,why not play the young kid .who knows we may have another big carl .god knows we need one
If we have to play either Big Mack or LVR, I would like to see either King or Gardiner in the side with him/them !!