Gehrig & Fiora out, C Gardiner & Armitage in - CONFI

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Milne is currently leading the goalkicking. :roll:
there is also nothing wrong with what milne has done all year,

he has been not our worst by far, he leads sets up opputunitys, i think dropping gehrig was the right call, he wasnt performing, he needed a break

groupie1
Club Player

good point

point taken - I still think he's run out of chances to be anything more than an erratic minor goalkicking contributor - he's not nick davis... certainly not phil matera - Ball would double Milne's tally from the same position, plus lay some tackles

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
starsign
Club Player

there is also nothing wrong with what milne has done all year,

its what he doesnt do thats really hurting ...along with a few others, G included
apply sustained forward pressure ...a la Hamill

Have a look at Gerard Healeys article in todays sun
Its very well written and extemely perceptive
One of the best saint senarios Ive read this season

groupie1
Club Player

yeah, it was a good article, especially for a herald-sun article.
I have an idea - let's complete swap backline and forward line - tonnes of forward pressure then

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
squiz
Club Player

I feel vindicated even though I was abused by a bunch of 12 years olds when I suggested that Gehrig and Milne should not play Geelong, In Another Opinion. Before the game.
I just thought Kosi would be a much better Foyle for Scarlet. The only way I can see Gehrig getting another Game is if he stops making ugly faces at his opponents, and start running through them. He has the body to do some legal damage. If he is so smart why not?

bozza1980
Club Player

I'm looking forward to seeing how the two inclusions go tonight.

Both have toiled hard in the magoos to ensure a senior call up.

I really hope Gardiner has a good one to further vindicate he's move from the rampant cats!! Tonight could be he's first step in establishing himself as an AFL footballer.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Re: good point

groupie1 wrote:point taken - I still think he's run out of chances to be anything more than an erratic minor goalkicking contributor - he's not nick davis...
You're right, he's better.

Career averages
Davis 12.6 disposals, 1.4 goals, 1.2 tackles
Milne 10.5 disposals, 1.9 goals, 1.4 tackles

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:point taken - I still think he's run out of chances to be anything more than an erratic minor goalkicking contributor - he's not nick davis... certainly not phil matera - Ball would double Milne's tally from the same position, plus lay some tackles
um, have you seen Ball try kick a goal....?

take your blinkers off, and you'll see that Milne does all those things that he is accused of not. He chases. He tackles. He passes off to team mates in better position. And, he kicks GOALS.....

i don't think it matters how much he does, some "supporters" just have it in for him......

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Buckets
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:
groupie1 wrote:point taken - I still think he's run out of chances to be anything more than an erratic minor goalkicking contributor - he's not nick davis... certainly not phil matera - Ball would double Milne's tally from the same position, plus lay some tackles
um, have you seen Ball try kick a goal....?

take your blinkers off, and you'll see that Milne does all those things that he is accused of not. He chases. He tackles. He passes off to team mates in better position. And, he kicks GOALS.....

i don't think it matters how much he does, some "supporters" just have it in for him......
exactly yapper just seems to be the scapegoat for not winning games!
Hell he is a crumber not a KPP and at the moment those KPP in the team have been way below par!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:take your blinkers off, and you'll see that Milne does all those things that he is accused of not. He chases. He tackles. He passes off to team mates in better position. And, he kicks GOALS.....
He tries to do these things, but he's slow, and can't make a tackle stick. Some of his passes to team mates should have been shots at goal, and his set shots from 40+ out are shocking.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:
The_Dud wrote:take your blinkers off, and you'll see that Milne does all those things that he is accused of not. He chases. He tackles. He passes off to team mates in better position. And, he kicks GOALS.....
He tries to do these things, but he's slow, and can't make a tackle stick. Some of his passes to team mates should have been shots at goal, and his set shots from 40+ out are shocking.
So because Milne tries to do the team things by trying to pass the ball to someone who he may think is in a better position he isn't good enough. People were having a go at him for being too selfish now its the opposite?
His set shots are a hell of alot better than some of the players!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
MikeSheahan
Club Player

I stand by my call. Fraser is finished. Bring in Gardiner, with the future in mind.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I agree Mike, Ive loved Fraser and was shatered when he retired but I think we are better off with out him. He will be back up latter this year if injuries occur and when the games slow down latter in the year

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
i hope you were watching tonight..... :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.