Booking the Busker at Telstra

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:11am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:So far everyone has put forward their incredibly well-informed opinions based on - nothing. A group of coppers speaking with the buskers - that no-one knows the actual content of that convo.

I tried to post some sense, but it was lost in the white noise.

The buskers might not have had permits. The police may have been directed to check for permits. I can see why the anger may be focused on the Police, however (if my scenario is correct) they were following orders and doing a good job. The anger should be pointed towards the Council for forcing Buskers to have a permit. Permit is a dirty word.

Having said that.. I wasn't anywhere near the action, so I know nuthzink!
Will make my own inquiries too and see if I can find out the truth.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:So far everyone has put forward their incredibly well-informed opinions based on - nothing. A group of coppers speaking with the buskers - that no-one knows the actual content of that convo.

The buskers might not have had permits. The police may have been directed to check for permits. I can see why the anger may be focused on the Police, however (if my scenario is correct) they were following orders and doing a good job. The anger should be pointed towards the Council for forcing Buskers to have a permit. Permit is a dirty word.

Well done.....your my hero :roll:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

And you really are a ...........................

Legend, tough guy, mouth, and you know exactly what you are....

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

Your still my hero.....you always will be

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

Sorry MyLoud MouthManâ€

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

Sorry MyLoud MouthManâ€

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Typical pyss weak reply that I would expect from someone who runs past coppers yelling out weak calls.

Pathetic.

Another dollar. :lol:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

LOL just noticed your signature you snivelling rat.

Hahahahahahaha try practicing it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

karnaby
Club Player

I vote for collo getting done for tax evasion AND rorting AND COI 8-) AND being a general prick AND carlton AND....... everything :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
eel33
Club Player

Just to clear up some misconceptions..... Dave (the sax player) is most definitely a Saints supporter. I know his family and often used to take him to the game when he was a kid. Top guy and very talented muso. And yes, they always play our song as a dirge when we lose. Don't do that for any other team. Now why would that be??????

Dave has a young family to support, so I'm sure no one really minds if he leaves a game slightly early to get ready to earn a few quid. Lots of us work and can't make games at all, so cut him some slack.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

So Dave was offering sax for money?

Need a permit for that :wink:

BelfastSaint
Club Player

After a 30 min train journey when I start walking over the bridge and see the dome I am full of anticipation and excitement for the game ahead ...
I love hearing the buskers play our song and it really is a part of the whole atmosphere for me ....
I am always a little disappointed when they are not busking at one of our games ...

Richter
SS Life Member

eel33 wrote:Just to clear up some misconceptions..... Dave (the sax player) is most definitely a Saints supporter.
Fair enough eel. I am happy to stand corrected. And will feel more inclined to hand over some dosh the next time. :D

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

TOGETHER WE ARE ONE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

eel33 wrote:Just to clear up some misconceptions..... Dave (the sax player) is most definitely a Saints supporter. I know his family and often used to take him to the game when he was a kid. Top guy and very talented muso. And yes, they always play our song as a dirge when we lose. Don't do that for any other team. Now why would that be??????

Dave has a young family to support, so I'm sure no one really minds if he leaves a game slightly early to get ready to earn a few quid. Lots of us work and can't make games at all, so cut him some slack.
Thanks for that, whether he is a saints supporter or not.......

HE IS NOT A LOSER!

Like some dumb F*** suggested :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Keep it passionate and not abusive people :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Keep it passionate and not abusive people :-)
Fair enough......

I would like to see the "internet cowboy" that called them losers, say that to them in the flesh....

To me there is only one loser and that was the poster that made that comment

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Richter
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:Fair enough......

I would like to see the "internet cowboy" that called them losers, say that to them in the flesh....

Fair dinkum St Fid. How about you put a sock in it. It's perfectly obvious the reason why you don't like Ricc. and it isn't because of the opinions he puts forward.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
markp
Saintsational Legend

Wow... a genuine storm in a teacup! Over-reactions compounded like this to start WW1... :wink:

I do think calling anyone a loser is about the worst thing you can say, it implies they are worthless and beyond hope... but abusing the hell out of someone for using that term in an off-hand generic sense, or then calling them a loser to boot (while agreeing to 'play nice') is very bad form also... to put it mildly.

asiu

what about that 'list' i was referring to ?

:lol:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:what about that 'list' i was referring to ?

:lol:
The list?

My understanding is that posters are listed under "naughty" or "nice" and that the list is checked twice.

Hope that helps.

GrumpyOne

Richter wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Fair enough......

Fair dinkum St Fid. How about you put a sock in it. It's perfectly obvious the reason why you don't like Ricc. and it isn't because of the opinions he puts forward.
IMO Ricc blames every adverse reaction to his posts as homophobia by the individual concerned. As easy accusation to sling when things arn't going your way. Several of us have had, unjustly, to wear that label.

asiu

a police story ...

a long time ago , when i was riding bikes , a certain taxi driver became the centre of attention from the boys i used to ride with

(he had pulled out in front of one of the lads , causing him to drop his ride , and driven off ) ...(possibly :roll: not even knowing what he had done )

my licence had been taken off me , so i was picked up every night from the building site and given a ride home ....one night , there was the taxi driver sitting at a rank in the city waiting for a fare

i gave mark the drum , who rolled up beside him and i stove a perfectly placed left steel capped working boot into his drivers side door .....

well, all hell broke loose ....the poor cat lost it , screaming after us in his blue fairlane as we 'tried' to get away ......i'm on the back , watching the traffic part like the red sea behind us as he tried to run us down.... screaming at smithy to get us the F*** out of there

whored through town with this crazed taxi driver on our arse , thankfully mark was the best rider out of all of us , but we only got away by taking a shortcut through a servo we knew pretty well

an hour after getting home to mums , theres a knock on the back door

out i troop ....and its the sergeant (by himself) from the bay cop shop

he gave me a look , that drew a line in the sand and said .....thats it , theres no more gary , thats the end of it

i said ok

never , from that moment on , have i had anything but respect for the boys in blue

defined my young days that moment , and probably kept me out of the 'really wrong crowd'

got into heaps more trouble with them , but they always treated me fair ...because i treated them with the respect they deserved and didnt bullsh!t em

i (still) have a dig at those who badmouth em with ....who's the first people you call when things go wrong ?

asiu

this list :)
that list of 20-odd posters with warnings