grow up, harvey tells akermanis

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

grow up, harvey tells akermanis

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html

ST KILDA'S Robert Harvey told Jason Akermanis to "grow up" moments after the outspoken Western Bulldog accused Harvey of grabbing his testicles.

Following what had been a frustrating weekend for Harvey, the AFL announced last night no action would be taken after speaking to the dual Brownlow medallist and Akermanis yesterday.

It's understood Harvey was extremely disappointed to be summoned to AFL headquarters after a notice of investigation was issued after the Saints-Dogs clash at Telstra Dome on Friday night.

Using a "squirrel grip" is considered one of the lowest acts in football.

The Saints refused to comment last night, saying they did not want to inflame the incident further in the lead-up to their clash against Geelong at the Dome on Saturday.

The Herald Sun was also told Harvey was unavailable for comment, as was Akermanis, also a Brownlow medallist.

Harvey, with Saints football manager Matthew Drain, fronted AFL investigator John Coburn yesterday.

It's believed Akermanis told Coburn he had felt a "pushing sensation" in the groin area, but did not accuse Harvey of deliberately grabbing his testicles.

Harvey maintained his innocence throughout.

Video footage of the incident showed Harvey's right hand in the vicinity of Akermanis's groin, and then an angry Akermanis kicking out towards Harvey.

Akermanis said at the time: "He's f---ing grabbed my nuts".

Audio then hears Harvey tell Akermanis: "Grow up."

The pair shook hands at the end of the game, when it's understood Akermanis made another comment about Harvey grabbing his testicles.

Harvey seemingly dismissed the comment.

Akermanis then raised the issue in a public forum, when, on Channel 10's Before The Game he said: "He was just making sure I was still a man."

The Bulldogs said the comments, although delivered in a comical setting, should not have been made.

The AFL said in a statement last night: "An investigation was conducted by the panel into an alleged low-contact incident.

"Based on all evidence, including that of both players and the umpire, it was determined there was no strike or grabbing motion to player Akermanis.

"There was accidental contact as Harvey pushed away to regain his feet. No further action was taken."

It was the first time in his career that Harvey had been through the process of a "notice of investigation".

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

360+ games, and Harves has to put up with this crap? Akermanis, you are a disgrace. :evil:

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Any respect that Aker had is all but gone, becoming another Warwick Capper

Before Im 85
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

grow up harvey tells akermanis

A great shame that after a great performance and victory Aka has to slander a champion like Harves :cry:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Re: grow up, harvey tells akermanis

bigcarl wrote:http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html
Akermanis then raised the issue in a public forum, when, on Channel 10's Before The Game he said: "He was just making sure I was still a man."
Obviously the results were inconclusive there.

A man wouldn't disgrace himself by leveling such a claim at one of the most revered players to ever pull on boots.

I think I'd have gone alot further than "get a life", Harvey is clearly streets more mature than Aker the Waker.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

They shook hands after the game.

Both players have moved on.

So should the media and the fans. Both are champions, it's a nothing story now.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I disagree completely.

This sort of public allegation, founded or not will tarnish Harveys reputation, and leave him open to criticism from the ignorant and ill-informed.

I still hear Milne and Montagna cop calls of "rapist", years after the groundless allegations were thrown out.

Nobody moves on in football where sledging is concerned.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:This sort of public allegation, founded or not will tarnish Harveys reputation, and leave him open to criticism from the ignorant and ill-informed.
I haven't listened to the ignorant and ill-informed in 14 years. Waste of time engaging with those types.

Nor have I had a decent sandwich in that time, with those mis-shapped, shoddy meats.

My opinion of Harvey remains untarnished; what those who haven't seen play think is irrelelvant to me.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

GrumpyOne

evertonfc wrote:They shook hands after the game.
I trust Banger washed his hand afterwards, that slime sticks badly.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

riccardo wrote:I disagree completely.

This sort of public allegation, founded or not will tarnish Harveys reputation, and leave him open to criticism from the ignorant and ill-informed.

I still hear Milne and Montagna cop calls of "rapist", years after the groundless allegations were thrown out.

Nobody moves on in football where sledging is concerned.
i hate it when peeople bring that stuff up too, but seriosuly? I don't care. I f this is all they have to throw in our faces culture wise then let them. We don't cheat salary caps, we don't take drugs and we don't tank deliberately for better draft picks.

The only thing they can throw in our faces is two thousand years of losing culture, and being that noone has seen all of it, that doesn't reall hurt us does it?

Cirra
Club Player

riccardo wrote:

I don't think so. Harvey's reputation is beyond reproach and Aker's isn't.

Harvey being accused of anything will be disregarded because of his incredible reputation amounst his peers.

The fact that is was Aker making the claims automatically undermines what's said, whether true or not because he is a victim of his reputaion.

"When we get back on November 5 and walk through that door, we're getting on a bus together and we're going down the road to a premiership. You're either on the bus or you get run over," Roo at the B&F 2007

In 2012, I'm still on the bus.
Dank25
Club Player

grow up harvey tells akermanis

:roll: errrr I think you'll find it does!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:They shook hands after the game.

Both players have moved on.

So should the media and the fans. Both are champions, it's a nothing story now.
Aker clearly had not moved on.

He spoke about it on TV the next night.

If he had truly moved on he would have said something like "Harvey's hand was very close to my groin and I tried to milk a free kick from the umpire because we didn't have enough soft frees in the game." or "Harvey's hand was on my leg and I wanted to pretend that I am a tripod by telling everyone he touched my genitals"

aussiejones
Club Player

Akers is looking for a media career post football.

Headline hunting

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Just had the Geelong supporter at work have a crack at me over it.

I don't care what people say, either, but thats not the point here. Your assertion is that people will forget it and move on, and history indicates they haven't and won't.

Wetyher you care or not if they mention it is irrelevant, its the fact that they do is the issue.