Where's the reports????????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Where's the reports????????

Common guys, you are slipping up, or are we all hung over? Where's the reports from people who went to the GF last night? Also Family Day today? :?:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

can't give a Grandfinal report St Bev

noddy's was - woohooooooooooooooo we won :)

but family day reports under
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=40544
Family/fun day numbers - 5000?
and http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=40649
Famil Day Update

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

at the game it felt very strange

ive never experienced such an awkward silence in my life

if you made any noise after a goal or good passage of play or even after the siren you felt really out of place

never the less it was fantastic to stick it up those morons, never heard such a one eyed disgusting group of people

umpires clearly felt threatened, at one stage there was a 50/50 push in the back for adelaide that wasnt paid...crowd loads their rifles...the umpire then quickly finds a free kick out of nothing to give to the crows player

was a great day yesterday, walking around with my cousins in the streets of glenelg bearing our stkilda guenseys - had a few glares but the glenelg people seem normal enough not to take it to heart

also south aus isnt nearly as much of a hole as people claim...i quite liked my stay and am looking forwards to going back on ANZAC weekend for the Port match

its very hot though! 9 straight days of high 30s-40s coming up for them

gosaintsgo
Club Player

We were there and so glad I was.

Made the trip by bus with the Cheer Squad, only about 28 of us. We left 11 pm Friday night. Arrived at the ground about 9 am.

The game itself was a shocker to sit through, the first 3/4's especially. Very scrappy defensive style game for both teams. We were all sitting there quite stunned in the first quarter when it seemed both teams shots at goal were so bad. still quite perplexed, for all you experts out there do you think this would have been nerves or could it have been the humidity/heat? And yes the media weren't talking it up it was soooo damn hot and sticky.

Could see that Sam Gilbert was very frustrated he was just under so much pressure and was very disappointed with himself on a few occassions.

Its an awful ground for viewing a game, really hard to see whats going on at times.

The Cheer Squad get such a beating on here but its at games like this (interstate and so out numbered) that they really do deserve a pat on the back. it's really hard work trying to be heard over so many opposition supporters.

After the game we hopped back on the bus and left the ground around 10.30. we needed to be back ASAP for the Family Day the next day. We arrived back at Moorabbin around 8 am.

It was a huge trip. I took my 3 girls (13, 8 & 4) brave I know, i just would have been so disappointed with myself if I hadn't have gone.

noddy

My wife and 2 adult sons and myself were there. I never feel intimidated by the crow ferals cos i know that they are frontrunners. As soon as we get in front you cant hear them..They need the ground announcer to fire them up. I was so rapt that they kept playing the song after the siren. Totally buggered yesterday from yelling and cheering our guys. Sat behind the cheersquad but in a different bay. Thought they did an ok job. I do feel that they need a "new" person to get the chants going. Big Bill tries but his voice just isnt strong enough. It was fantastic that the cs and a few others made the trip over. We were quite prepared to travel to TD for the game (as we will be round 1) and when the presentations were on i felt for you guys in Melb for not being there (the players needed more recognition) It was great that they came over to where the majority of supporters were. As I said in another thread It was good to hear Greg(right, right) Westaway talk and also Robert Eddy.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

my report is the exact same as 'gosaintsgo' because i was with them for the whole day, lol.
nothing to add but the crows fans are tso feral it is scary! having 3 of them come down and sit in the cheer squad and then when asked to leave they spat on some of us......seriously, whats what richmond fans do when their team loses! :wink:

having the song over and over after we won was awesome! it was only played once after we beat the wce over in perth last year, then the "we are the champions" song by Queen was played and i wasnt happy with that, but we had the song played about 6 times for the GF :D

for the people who sat out in the open will now learn their lesson and sit near the CS where there are other saints fans to back you up if you get into a fight! and im not joking...fights are very common with away fans at aami stadium!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saintdooley"]my report is the exact same as 'gosaintsgo' because i was with

for the people who sat out in the open will now learn their lesson and sit near the CS where there are other saints fans to back you up if you get into a fight! and im not joking...fights are very common with away fans at aami stadium![/quote]

aami stadium :? :? :? Must be a typo.
I thought it was called animal stadium

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

I Was also at the game went with the cheersquad.
I was so proud of the boys loved every single mintue of the game.
very threating crowd cheersquad had 3 rows behind the goals and all the rest were crows supporters.
had absolute morons sitting behind us. trying to wind us up but it's funny how as soon as that BEAUTIFUL SIREN rang the whole ground was empty.

In my opinion anyone who bags the cheersquad honestly have no clue at all.

there were about 100 saints supporters there and 26,000 crows supporters. in the last quarter when we got 3 quick goals you could hear a pin drop it was that quiet. after that third goal BOY COULD U HEAR US.
We rocked that place.
When we won pure heaven we sang till our voices were sore cheered till the boys had left the ground and then sang even more.
the cheersquad was rocking on saturday night.

The only time interstate i have heard the cheersquad that loud was also at AMMI in HARVS FINAL.

Bill did a fantastic job and was a very happy and proud man.

I WAS THERE WHEN THE SAINTS ROX AMMI STADIUM

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:I after that third goal BOY COULD U HEAR US.
We rocked that place.
sorry but i was there and wouldnt have known there was a saints group down the other end if those three or four flags and banners werent being held up

as loud as you think you were yelling it was silent around the stadium after EVERY goal we scored...there should be more of an effort by the club/cheersquad to encourage the saints supporters to all get to one spot, and more of them

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote: In my opinion anyone who bags the cheersquad honestly have no clue at all.
Well then I guess that the vast majority of St.Kilda supporters have no clue then...

The cheer squad are crap and the players wouldn't even notice them...

Their repetitive and lame chants do nothing but embarass the rest of the clubs supporters, IMO we need to encourage things like the Moorabbin wing that are a huge support base that are run independently from the AFL, because atm a lot of talk about our cheersquad have included words like 'creepy' and weird, the only time I tried to sit with them was terrible, would have rather sat in the middle of the Collingwood cheersquad...
Last edited by Armoooo on Tue 11 Mar 2008 3:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
We rocked that place.
sorry but i was there and wouldnt have known there was a saints group down the other end if those three or four flags and banners werent being held up

as loud as you think you were yelling it was silent around the stadium after EVERY goal we scored...there should be more of an effort by the club/cheersquad to encourage the saints supporters to all get to one spot, and more of them
Surely you jest? I heard the inspirational and motivating WOOOOOSSSS from Melbourne.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
gosaintsgo
Club Player

Lets not start this mud slinging crap again.

When it all boils down to it we are all here for the same reason.

The Cheer Squad did the best they could with the numbers who went.

There was more than just 3 or 4 flags and we had a number of people who weren't in the cheer squad come and sit with us to boost the numbers.

You want to change the way the cheer squad is run get your bum down to the Cheer Squad's AGM next year, get yourself on the committee and make those changes.

Don't bag their committment. They aren't given any extra benefits for what they do.

My girls (13, 8 & 4) sat on a bus for 2 nights straight just to support the boys and fronted up to the family day on Sunday too.

Anyone wishing to come try sitting with the Cheer Squad let me know I am more than happy to introduce them to a few people and make them feel welcome. :lol:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote: In my opinion anyone who bags the cheersquad honestly have no clue at all.
Well then I guess that the vast majority of St.Kilda supporters have no clue then...

The cheer squad are crap and the players wouldn't even notice them...

Their repetitive and lame chants do nothing but embarass the rest of the clubs supporters, IMO we need to encourage things like the Moorabbin wing that are a huge support base that are run independently from the AFL, because atm a lot of talk about our cheersquad have included words like 'creepy' and weird, the only time I tried to sit with them was terrible, would have rather sat in the middle of the Collingwood cheersquad...[/quote]

yes, but the only time you tried to sit with us was at the hawthorn game at the MCG, and you brought a hawks fan into the cheer squad! no wonder you were asked to leave! ffs.......

im not going to lose my temper here, because i have better things to do, but the CS did the best they could with 7 days notice! i dont think we could of done a better job!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Please don't lose your temper it's a scary thought :roll:

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Yeh I went it was good. Went on the CS bus, I hate sleeping on buses, its near impossible, the bus stops just as you get a few minutes of sleep.

But apart from that, the game was good, you all saw it so I'm not gonna go on about it.

It was a hot day though, don't know what everyone else did at West Lakes for the 8 hours before the game, but we went to the city and found a decent pub, the chips were good there.

Just needed a stop by the old bottleo on the way home.

Didn't go to the Family Day, had enough.

Too lazy to update my username
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

gosaintsgo wrote: You want to change the way the cheer squad is run get your bum down to the Cheer Squad's AGM next year, get yourself on the committee and make those changes.
I don't want to change the way the cheer squad works because IMO it is a waste of time and effort... Most club's cheer squads get the rest of the crowd going but with St.Kilda it is always just smaller groups all around the stadium that get a chant snowballing...
Gilbert came out and said that he doesn't even read what's on the banner each week, if that is not a true summation of the value of the cheersquad I don't know what is...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote: yes, but the only time you tried to sit with us was at the hawthorn game at the MCG, and you brought a hawks fan into the cheer squad! no wonder you were asked to leave! ffs.......

im not going to lose my temper here, because i have better things to do, but the CS did the best they could with 7 days notice! i dont think we could of done a better job!
We didn't even sit in the cheer squad we were a good 5 or 6 rows behind them, it just happened to be in the pre booked cheer squad seats, but because nobody wanted to be associated with that joke of a fan club all those seats were going to waste, I don't understand what is so bad about having another teams supporter close to you, afraid that their boos might be louder than yours Dools?

And you do have a lot of better things you can do, come up with a chant that wont embarass yourself, the club and the players and if there's time, get a life...

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

You people are pretty sad and pathetic if all you can do is sit at your computers and bag the cheersquad endlessly.

7 days to plan a trip to Adelaide is a huge effort we filled a whole bus.

Screamed our lungs out all night in 37 degree heat.

So the cheersquad was quiet where were all of you OH yeah only had 7 days to organise it and didn't have the money or couldn't be f***ed supporting your team when they needed you in a hostile ground.
it was a long weekend for godsake.

Lovely supporters you guys are.

Every god damn year the same s*** about the cheersquad is brought up.
every year we put up with s*** and are always trying to get more members

So as we say every god damn year if you don't like the cheersquad join it and do something about it or shut up and put up with it.

I know a few people in the Moorabbin Wing and have had dealings with them I take on board everything they have said and put these suggestions to cheersquad board members but because of a few stubborn in the two groups nothing has ever been done about the sugguestions.

I won't have a go at the Moorabbin Wing beacuse I actually like the concept and what they are trying to achieve.
however I will say they aren't as loud as they think they are.

Both groups do a fantastic job for the club and shouldn't be constantly fighting like they do.

Many people in the cheersquad are very aware of what the majority of people think about the cheersquad and do you really honestly believe we love getting bagged and we haven't tried to change it.

Whatever we do falls on deaf ears alot of us are very ashamed to say we are in the cheersquad but choose to stick with it because we would rather try and make a difference then sit on computers or fan fourms and bag the s*** out of very loyal supporters who do in fact try to fix the situation but keep getting NO from the committee.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:So the cheersquad was quiet where were all of you OH yeah only had 7 days to organise it and didn't have the money or couldn't be f***ed supporting your team when they needed you in a hostile ground.
it was a long weekend for godsake.
others went...just because we didnt travel with the cheersquad, sleep with the cheersquad and squeal at the game with the cheersquad doesnt mean that we didnt go

i flew over and stayed with my stkilda supporting cousins. why didnt we sit with the cheersquad and squeal with you? well im not sure my uncle really wants to be "woo woo woo wooing" all night when he only gets to attend one or two games a year.

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote: Every god damn year the same s*** about the cheersquad is brought up.
every year we put up with s*** and are always trying to get more members

So as we say every god damn year if you don't like the cheersquad join it and do something about it or shut up and put up with it.
if i wasnt on this site i wouldnt have a clue the cheersquad wanted more members...there is no enthusiasm from most of you for more members

im sure if i joined and told you all that the chants are fair dinkum sh1t and that im here to change them id be shot down like every other person before me
[/quote]
Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote: I won't have a go at the Moorabbin Wing beacuse I actually like the concept and what they are trying to achieve.
however I will say they aren't as loud as they think they are.
i dont sit with either group as i quite like opposition interaction but i will say that the moorabbin wing are considerably louder than the cheersquad

their simple chants of "st kilda - clap clap clap - stkilda - clap clap clap, etc are easy to join in to, ensuring the rest of the crowd can be involved

i still struggle to remember half the words in your lullabies and im sure others also have no way of joining in with your chants
[/quote]
Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote: Both groups do a fantastic job for the club and shouldn't be constantly fighting like they do.
this i agree with.

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote: Many people in the cheersquad are very aware of what the majority of people think about the cheersquad and do you really honestly believe we love getting bagged and we haven't tried to change it.
iv seen no change, no brochures trying to lure in more supporters...no chants worth joining
Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote: Whatever we do falls on deaf ears alot of us are very ashamed to say we are in the cheersquad but choose to stick with it because we would rather try and make a difference then sit on computers or fan fourms and bag the s*** out of very loyal supporters who do in fact try to fix the situation but keep getting NO from the committee.
now this annoys me. most stkilda supporters are genuinely loyal (with our history you have to be).

just because you sit in the cheersquad doesnt make you any more loyal or better supporters than those of us who dont

if the squad is really trying to make a change but the committee wont allow it then i think its time for a change, or a better effort

wildgoose
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:
We rocked that place.

Yeah sorry, I couldn't hear you either cheersquad, you rocked the place??? lol....dont be to up yourself, you were barely noticeable all night.

And hack pup is out again, bowled without troubling the scorers.
Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

SaintBot I wasn't having a go at you at all.
I'm just so sick and tired of the constant s*** that the cheersquad get it is unbelievable and unwarrented.
there are major issues within the cheersquad and no-one can do anything about them so we have to put up with it.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:SaintBot I wasn't having a go at you at all.
I'm just so sick and tired of the constant s*** that the cheersquad get it is unbelievable and unwarrented.
there are major issues within the cheersquad and no-one can do anything about them so we have to put up with it.
who is this committee holding you back?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote: there are major issues within the cheersquad and no-one can do anything about them so we have to put up with it.
why not?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

SaintBot wrote:
We rocked that place.

You can't blame the cheer squad or other Saints supporters for that. I can assure you when the ticketing is done interstate they do not want us sitting together making noise. We are spread out on purpose. We wish we could pick and choose where we sit, but we can't.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

You can't blame the cheer squad or other Saints supporters for that. I can assure you when the ticketing is done interstate they do not want us sitting together making noise. We are spread out on purpose. We wish we could pick and choose where we sit, but we can't.
That is exactly right and I'm glad someone brought it up!!!..although on Sat Night it was all GA was it not???

Enough CS bashing....Ive beet a bit critical of parts of their operation at times too...but their presence on Saturday night WAS noticeable on TV...did hear your chant on TV guys and thats not easy to do at AAMI..

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor