Heat/Interchange restrictions created an unsafe workplace!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Heat/Interchange restrictions created an unsafe workplace!

FACTS: Adelaide was stinking hot last night, much hotter than you'd reasonably expect even for early March, but it can happen - it was only early Autumn.

Interchange restrictions of 16 rotations per quarter is a bit nasty in very hot weather!

The AFL knew the whole pre-season was prone to the odd stinking hot day, and their only compromise was extending the quarter/3 qtr and half time breaks.

I still have my doubts if this was sufficient to prevent heat related stress on the players bodies, we all know the Saints went into the air con rooms at each break and delayed the start of the final term due to heat related stress fears and precautions by our conditioning staff (good work!).

I believe the AFL created an unsafe work environment last night.

Sure, they couldn't really call the game off due to the heat, but why not either delay the start, increase the bench size, allow more than 16 rotations, or shorten the quarters???

I don't believe extending the breaks was sufficient.

I hope some players from Adelaide suffered due to heat (not our guys of course!), and they try and take the AFL on with their bloody stupid rules.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Heat/Interchange restrictions created an unsafe workplac

saintspremiers wrote:FACTS: Adelaide was stinking hot last night, much hotter than you'd reasonably expect even for early March, but it can happen - it was only early Autumn.

Interchange restrictions of 16 rotations per quarter is a bit nasty in very hot weather!

The AFL knew the whole pre-season was prone to the odd stinking hot day, and their only compromise was extending the quarter/3 qtr and half time breaks.

I still have my doubts if this was sufficient to prevent heat related stress on the players bodies, we all know the Saints went into the air con rooms at each break and delayed the start of the final term due to heat related stress fears and precautions by our conditioning staff (good work!).

Sure, they couldn't really call the game off due to the heat, but why not either delay the start, increase the bench size, allow more than 16 rotations, or shorten the quarters???

I hope some players from Adelaide suffered due to heat (not our guys of course!), and they try and take the AFL on with their bloody stupid rules.
I agree lets sue the AFL and get them to go bankrupt then we can get back to the AFL. Sue them I say.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:FACTS: Adelaide was stinking hot last night, much hotter than you'd reasonably expect even for early March, but it can happen - it was only early Autumn.

I agree lets sue the AFL and get them to go bankrupt then we can get back to the AFL. Sue them I say.
I'm staggered it took you nearly 4 hours to respond to this.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Been at the silly family day. So do agree with him or not.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Been at the silly family day. So do agree with him or not.
I'm not qualified medically to determine whether the players were put at risk by the AFL im,posed conditions.

My instinct tells me that the maximum 16 interchanges per quarter should have been 'relaxed' given the circumstances.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Was talking about taking the AFL on which I gather means sueing.

By the way I think the interchange rule is stupid but I guess the AFL need to try it because the rules committee have been thinking about the amount of interchanges according to KB

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Was talking about taking the AFL on which I gather means sueing.

By the way I think the interchange rule is stupid but I guess the AFL need to try it because the rules committee have been thinking about the amount of interchanges according to KB
I agree but would have thought that 'commonsense' should have been used rather than 'bloody mindedness' which is what appears to have been the case over the # of interchanges.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I was suprised they started the game so early in that type of heat

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
ace
Saintsational Legend

I say sue Demetriou and Anderson instead of the AFL.
They are paid so much most of the AFLs discretionary cash must end up in their pockets.