NO to GTrain

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kiedis
Club Player

karnaby wrote:I sincerely hope that he can prove me wrong.
You sound as if Gehrig has had a questionable contribution to the team of late, and he needs to prove that he's better than his below-par form... FFS people! he was once again one of our stars this year, you can't say he had a s*** one could you?! He's not as old and slow as some all of a sudden seem to think, he was in the best shape he's been in for some time...

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

To the tossers of pots who make outrageous, farcical statements that suggest the G don't even try;

Stay f***ing home, you creeeping imbecilia. Instead take note of the freakin' fact that having been told that the G wanted to play again, THE PLAYERS went ape. They love him - you know why, dead head? 'Cos he gets on the ground, he plays hurt, he never whinges, and always, always, thinks of his team mates first. He is way more respected by his peers than his simplistic critics would ever understand.

KULCHA - the man tries. He has the best finals record of any St.K.F.C. feetballer over 5'11" in the last 10 years.

And I hate to resort to this, but; all those who reckon the G don't try are invited to tell him at their earliest convenience (from close range, not Level 3 at the Dome).

We are a better footy side with him in it - period.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 10:57am, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

On Doc, he was basically a player as well as part time ruck coach for Rix, Gardiner and Van Rheenen. It's just a shame we weren't able to secure his ongoing services as ruck coach.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Not only is G deserved of a return to the team based on his own efforts, skills and talent, as evidenced last season but as was the case with players like Big Carl and Aaron, FG's mere presence on the ground makes every other St.Kilda player walk taller and play harder.

Taking him back is a no brainer.

Carna Saints!!!
RooandKosi
Club Player

Pick 70 for fraser!!

get ya hand off it. Faser Gefhrig is a GUN. what are you on about?? We need the gtrain. He kicks GOALS FFS!!!

Liam_G
Club Player

If Fraser Gehrig did not retire in Round 22, would those who don't want him now have been calling for his axing back then? Technically that is was is occurring. He played the entire 2007 season and was still within our best players for the year. If he did not retire, he would without a doubt still be on our list for season 2008.

So what has changed so much in some people's minds in 3 months for them to now feel like we don't need him in our squad? Yes, he admitted he felt the game is passing him by and his commitment may be wavering, but with his new found determination and commitment, can't this just been seen as a momentary lapse in thinking?

lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

Gosh some people have exceptionally short memories, the guy has given his all for the club, I think he deserves the right to pull on the jumper again.

True, we have all seen him play some deplorable games, but he is one of the few players who can win you a game single handedly, and those do not come around every draft. He played with an injured hand for the majority of this year but still managed to be our highest goal kicker, I really doubt that many on here could say they are capable of existing with the pain he played through.

Show some respect to a man that has done more for this club than most, if we take him in the draft, we will most likely see another great year from him. And even if we don't, we will still see him bleed for the club, something more people on here need to appreciate.

Personally I love Fraser, and nearly caused my dear father to crash the car when I heard it on the radio, couldn't be happier with his change of heart :D

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
Zippy
Club Player

The G-Train rules!

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
BallBanger
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:To the tossers of pots who make outrageous, farcical statements that suggest the G don't even try;

Stay f***ing home, you creeeping imbecilia. Instead take note of the freakin' fact that having been told that the G wanted to play again, THE PLAYERS went ape. They love him - you know why, dead head? 'Cos he gets on the ground, he plays hurt, he never whinges, and always, always, thinks of his team mates first. He is way more respected by his peers than his simplistic critics would ever understand.

KULCHA - the man tries. He has the best finals record of any St.K.F.C. feetballer over 5'11" in the last 10 years.

And I hate to resort to this, but; all those who reckon the G don't try are invited to tell him at their earliest convenience (from close range, not Level 3 at the Dome).

Wank

groupie1
Club Player

purely from a set-up point of view i believe it's a positive we got fraze back. he gives us the big presence in goal, that we'd have been relying on kozi to give in his absence - kozi can get injured, kozi's better as a guy you can swing into the ruck for a pinch hit, and have him playing looser inside the 50 arc (and also drop down to CHB where necessary). fraze gives us the key leading target , he's a clever footballer, good physical presence and the flexivility of using kozi most effectively on the day - remember - we have two real ruckmen now plus kozi -there should be NO reason to bring rix in - but those two rucks won't each play 22 - so fraze gives us flex b/c it gives us kozi to use as a utility. plus - it's the third tall forward argument - most defenses have 2 key defenders, but not 3 (the aaron hamill argument)
it's time now, with the rise of gilbert, the return of G, the coming of schnieder and possibly dempster and goddard back that we make the tough decisions and not play L fisher or blake - we gotta get serious about choosing talent and pace

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
HarveysDeciple

The OtherThommo wrote:To the tossers of pots who make outrageous, farcical statements that suggest the G don't even try;

Probably your best post..I love it and couldn't agree more.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

and not only that he is one of only two afl footballers to have kicked over 6o goals in each of the past three afl sessions...guys like him don't usually just fall into your lap......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

stinger wrote:

and not only that he is one of only two afl footballers to have kicked over 6o goals in each of the past three afl sessions...guys like him don't usually just fall into your lap......

Crikeys sting I hope he doesn't fall into my lap!! Not at over a 100 kg's. Ouch. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Brian Collis
Club Player

Who's Fraser Gehrig? :shock:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:wink: :lol: ...fell into ours...all the way from sweden too....

ps.....how you going mate....

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Also, Fras kicked 43 goals in our last 10 games. Translate that form into a 25 game season and he kicks 107. That'll do me !!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

well, we got a massive salary cap relief, not having to pay Gehrig anywhere near what he was earning last year. Also, we didn't lose a kid for him, if anything we would have delisted someone like Ferguson if Gehrig didn't retire.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Yeah good at this end Sting....fairly quiet draft for us.....only 3 picks including F/S. Dont know much about the two players so cant say too much, although they were called pretty quickly yesterday so I gather they had a reasonable idea who they wanted.

Apart from that all is well. Good pick up re: the G-Train.....at that pick what have u got to lose? Proven ready made footballer and will warrant a quality match-up. Good drafting.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

when your first pick is not until 30 something then you're not going to get too excited eh????

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There was speculation on SEN earlier today that Fraser would be on $150K + Match Payments in 2008. A BIG step down from the $400K they suggested he was on in 2007 !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:There was speculation on SEN earlier today that Fraser would be on $150K + Match Payments in 2008. A BIG step down from the $400K they suggested he was on in 2007 !!

still a tad more than he would have got backpacking around sweden.......

claystreet
Club Player

what changed his mind i wonder
New Admin?
New football coaching team physios etc?
Kenny got the arse?
can sniff a flag :shock:
lonely without milney :wink:
all of the above

:D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:what changed his mind i wonder
New Admin?
New football coaching team physios etc?
Kenny got the arse?
can sniff a flag :shock:
lonely without milney :wink:
all of the above

:D

try...

his girlfriend dumped him...or vice versa.....

Barney2
Club Player

Re: NO to GTrain

1eyedNever wrote:I for one know it will be a mistake taking Frazer back as it is a step in the wrong direction.
He is to slow and has no defensive efforts on a consistant basis.

NO PLEASE GO FOR YOUTH
First of all spell his name right. G is a champion.Look at how many goals he kicks. 2 colemans and 60 goals last year with 40 int he last 10. Go away pal