NO to GTrain

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

1eyedNever
Club Player

NO to GTrain

I for one know it will be a mistake taking Frazer back as it is a step in the wrong direction.
He is to slow and has no defensive efforts on a consistant basis.

NO PLEASE GO FOR YOUTH

SKFC has now been confirmed as the AFLs BITCH
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

alreaddy posts on fraser

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
|Andy|
Club Player

when have full fowards ever been required to run around like a midfielder and defend the ball when its in the attacking 50?? sure it would be a bonus, but its not necassary. if we get him for a late pick, i wouldnt mind taking him.

midas_touch
Club Player

Re: NO to GTrain

1eyedNever wrote:I for one know it will be a mistake taking Frazer back as it is a step in the wrong direction.
He is to slow and has no defensive efforts on a consistant basis.

NO PLEASE GO FOR YOUTH
If you actually ever watch him play, you'd know that he is quite explosive on the lead.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
claystreet
Club Player

would love him back fully fit and in the square,
big strong units are hard to come by especially ones that kick
50+ a season

8-)

Kiedis
Club Player

See, I don't get this sort of talk...he's one of our biggest personalities/important players, no one would have ever called for him to be dropped, he retires (too early, as most would agree) now we have a chance to let him rip for another year and people say the games moved beyond him? Comon!

As soon as someone mentions something like this everyone jumps on the bandwagon, I don't care what people are saying, watch his games this year, he had a pretty decent year ffs, he kicked over a chair then booted a goal :!: :!:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

how short some peoples memories are :roll: :roll:

its great to see the respect we have for players who give their all for the club.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

personally i would like to see fraser take the monster full back...however lead and play up the ground on the left...that leaves rooey a clear space infront of him both straight and to the right

schneider is going to add a shitload to our forwardline this season....

random thought

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
linz
Club Player

If we get him back, he will be forced to take a massive pay cut. If he accepts that then I would say he's serious about giving it a go.

If Lyon reckons he can still be of value to the team then that's good enough for me too.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
BallBanger
Club Player

fonz_#15 wrote:how short some peoples memories are :roll: :roll:

its great to see the respect we have for players who give their all for the club.
Frazer is akin to the Everett persona ....unfortunately drops his head and thats it....giving his all is bull.

We are short of kids coming through and you want to take another 31 year old....ffs we only have 4 picks - Burke indicated we are likely to pick 3 tomorrow - you want one of these to be FG - leaving only 2 kids.

Rising stars are a thing of the past

We have an excellent core but need to develop youth.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:If we get him back, he will be forced to take a massive pay cut. If he accepts that then I would say he's serious about giving it a go.

If Lyon reckons he can still be of value to the team then that's good enough for me too.
massive pay cut??

Ke???

Sorry, that's not really true, he RETIRED.....

So it's back to square one as a result - paycuts are for those who continue on year after year, not pull the pin, walk out and then change their mind 3 months later.

What would Fraze earn next year if he wasn't in footy?

Would a $200K salary from the Saints in 2008 (a guess!) be a paycut on is
earnings next year (excluding of course his resteraunt and other investments) had he done something non-footy??

Perspective....

super dooper
Club Player

The way things are likely to pan out, he will be selected at pick 70.
Now can someone tell me when we got someone half decent after pick 50 (besides sam fisher at no.55)??

The majority of these later picks are hit or miss year to year, at least with fraser we will know what we'll get, and if he gets 50 goals next season it will mean job done.

i understand about the youth system, but with such a shallow draft we are still picking another 3 "young" players

All aboard the G train!!!!

BallBanger
Club Player

super dooper wrote:The way things are likely to pan out, he will be selected at pick 70.
Now can someone tell me when we got someone half decent after pick 50 (besides sam fisher at no.55)??

The majority of these later picks are hit or miss year to year, at least with fraser we will know what we'll get, and if he gets 50 goals next season it will mean job done.

i understand about the youth system, but with such a shallow draft we are still picking another 3 "young" players

Just like the doc last year...

we could of developed 2 kids but instead we got his input/experience for 1 yr and missed out on developing 2 youngsters

You must think that the rookie list is a waste of time

super dooper
Club Player

BallBanger wrote:
super dooper wrote:The way things are likely to pan out, he will be selected at pick 70.

we could of developed 2 kids but instead we got his input/experience for 1 yr and missed out on developing 2 youngsters

Too my knowledge there is a separate draft for the rookie's, so no i dont think it is a waste of time, we have players that are 'young', we need to develop them properly.
Sometimes it may be quality over quantity, just because we dont have an abundance of young players, doesnt mean we are at a disadvantage. It comes down to the resources we have to develop the rookies, and at the moment they arent crash hot.

Why 2 youngsters, we can only get 1 player with pick 70??
We should look at chosing our opening rounds better with the likes of mqualter, watts etc being selected of late.
Pick 70 is a steal
which other draftee is a 50 goal a season forward???

super dooper
Club Player

BallBanger wrote:

So how do u feel about Harvey playing on, he is 5 or 6 yrs older than G, should we have told him to retire and develop youth??

jill
Club Player

On the News SAID WE'D BE USING PICK 70 FOR HIM, So we get 3 young recruits plus young rookies plus Fraser - a win,win,win situation!!! :D
GO SAINTERS 2008! :!:

linz
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
linz wrote:If we get him back, he will be forced to take a massive pay cut. If he accepts that then I would say he's serious about giving it a go.

massive pay cut??

Ke???

Sorry, that's not really true, he RETIRED.....

So it's back to square one as a result - paycuts are for those who continue on year after year, not pull the pin, walk out and then change their mind 3 months later.

What would Fraze earn next year if he wasn't in footy?

Would a $200K salary from the Saints in 2008 (a guess!) be a paycut on is
earnings next year (excluding of course his resteraunt and other investments) had he done something non-footy??

Perspective....
By paycut, (without being pedantic), he will earn less by playing football this year than last year. Or maybe I should be pedantic.

So, If he plays football in 2008; he will get paid less than he earnt in 2007.
Last edited by linz on Fri 23 Nov 2007 10:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
BallBanger
Club Player

SD - I love Harvey like all on this site (my grandson is named after the great man)... is still an important member and unlike FG busts his gut every week.

Last yr we passed on the last 2 (national draft) to effectively pick up Doc Clarke in the pre-season....salary cap said we could only afford doc so went one short.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

geez some supporters sh1t me, ballbanger.. Fraze doesnt bust a gut, is that right? He has played with some shocking injuries week in week out. He has such a high pain threshold. You would curl up in the feotal position in the same boat. Shut up an get off his back, the guy is welcome back any time he wants.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

if we are serious about pressing for a premiership in 2008 then we should get fraser back (if we can).

coleman medallists and 100 goal-kickers are scarce and i said at the time he retired that i thought fraser had at least one more good year left in him

however, he should not play at ff.

that position should go to kosi, who can take the contested marks so vital to breaking through the flood.

play fraser wide in a pocket as a more than useful decoy

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
Frazer is akin to the Everett persona ....unfortunately drops his head and thats it....giving his all is bull.
Try spelling his name properly before you bag him

:roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

All positive for the Saints.

Frasier on base plus match payments - nobody else wants him, and he doesn't need the money.

A better deal than Doc Clarke.

# 78 for F Gehrig - what a **** bonus for the Saints.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:geez some supporters sh1t me, ballbanger.. Fraze doesnt bust a gut, is that right? He has played with some shocking injuries week in week out. He has such a high pain threshold. You would curl up in the feotal position in the same boat. Shut up an get off his back, the guy is welcome back any time he wants.
don;t try and educate this fool, he is obviously a star footballer himself :roll: :roll:

get of your high horse and welcome back 1 of our stars

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Good news, Frazar Gerick, will give us more depth and options, always thought he had one more year in him

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
karnaby
Club Player

I love Frase, & personality wise I'd be perfectly happy for him to have another couple of years. Playing wise I was happy enough for us to move on & seek to create a new future without him, whereas now I have a few fears that picking him would be a reflection of our past rather than our future.

I sincerely hope that he can prove me wrong.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful