M Gardiner Watch Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

linz
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Heard from a credible source that the op went Ok and his feet are fine.

However there may be some other issues not related to fitness.

Whatever we get from Gardiner this coming season will be a bonus - if we get anything.
I don't like the sound of that.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

If anyone needs to see a podiatrist & wants the real inside word on Gardiner, there is a bloke located in Banksia Street Heidelberg, Michael something (sorry I've lost his card) who is the Saints team podiatrist.

He helped me out a few years back & loves talking about the sainters...nothing too confidential mind you!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:If anyone needs to see a podiatrist & wants the real inside word on Gardiner, there is a bloke located in Banksia Street Heidelberg, Michael something (sorry I've lost his card) who is the Saints team podiatrist.

He helped me out a few years back & loves talking about the sainters...nothing too confidential mind you!
Sounds good - and if Gardiner plays up we could use the same podiatrist to extract Ross Lyon's foot from his @ss.

“Yeah….nah””
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There are some VERY differing opinions on this topic. Let's hope we get an extensive training reports from tomorrows training.

Either way, there are going to be a few of these :oops: :oops: :oops: !!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
St Igmata wrote:Just to put things into their right perspective.
When was Gardiner's last game?
How many has he played of the possible last 100?

You cannot be out of football for that long and expect to have "the x factor"

King played a great flag winning final but he can't do that every week.

A ruckman must be drafted this year for the future or this kind of desperation will continue on forever.

thats exactly why he could be the x factor for the saints, really he's unknown hence x factor.
king in the grand final was way way overrated

a midget could have rucked again the power and done something meaningful
Absolute rubbish Ports ruck division are renowned as the best in the AFL and King more than did his bit, the fact he took two contested grabs is somthing we should all be excited about.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I don't know if Gardiner is fit.

But what I do know for a fact is those talking of Gardiner being a saint off-field would need to define what their definition of 'well behaved' is.

Cause based on my definition, he isn't.

But, so what? He played his best footy when he was completely off the rails. It wasn't his attitude that stuffed him, it was his injuries.

His attitude and behaviour has been appalling and volatile since the day he arrived at West Coast. It never effected his footy.

jill
Club Player

Does anyone know what his attitude & behaviour has been like since he joined the Saints!!!! :?:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

jill wrote:Does anyone know what his attitude & behaviour has been like since he joined the Saints!!!! :?:
If you're out and about at 3 or 4am, you'll be able to see for yourself.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
jill wrote:Does anyone know what his attitude & behaviour has been like since he joined the Saints!!!! :?:
Was this during the season and do you know it for a fact?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Though this thread was going to be about FACTUAL reports????????????????????????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
When did being out late become a crime :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
St Igmata
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
St Igmata wrote:Just to put things into their right perspective.
When was Gardiner's last game?
How many has he played of the possible last 100?

You cannot be out of football for that long and expect to have "the x factor"

King played a great flag winning final but he can't do that every week.

A ruckman must be drafted this year for the future or this kind of desperation will continue on forever.

thats exactly why he could be the x factor for the saints, really he's unknown hence x factor.
king in the grand final was way way overrated

a midget could have rucked again the power and done something meaningful
Absolute rubbish Ports ruck division are renowned as the best in the AFL and King more than did his bit, the fact he took two contested grabs is somthing we should all be excited about.
Yes, he did very well.On one game.
A game he waited to play all his life.
The rest of the season he was not travelling too well.

Ckubs do not trade/retire great ruckmen. They're as rare as hen's teeth.
Geelong know King and his situation better than anyone.
They could have kept three ruckmen.
They didn't.

St Igmata
Club Player

sasaint wrote:
St Igmata wrote: A ruckman must be drafted this year for the future or this kind of desperation will continue on forever.
My guess is that it is a greater than even bet that our first round draft selection will be a ruck. If not McEvoy then Bellchambers.
Bellchgambers that early would be a shock.
McEvoy is around the mark and can double as a ff.
Probably more a forward than a ruckman but he should develop in to being ok at both.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

St Igmata wrote:
sasaint wrote:
St Igmata wrote: A ruckman must be drafted this year for the future or this kind of desperation will continue on forever.
My guess is that it is a greater than even bet that our first round draft selection will be a ruck. If not McEvoy then Bellchambers.
Bellchgambers that early would be a shock.
McEvoy is around the mark and can double as a ff.
Probably more a forward than a ruckman but he should develop in to being ok at both.

doesn't happen very often at all. Ruckmen/forwards tend to turn out as just forwards.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
When did being out late become a crime :roll:
It's not.

If you scroll back a bit you'll see that I make that point.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Big deal if he is going out and enjoying himself.

As long as he plays good footy and doesn't get injured (or more importantly, suspended for a lengthy period of time :wink: ), then that's all I want from him.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:Big deal if he is going out and enjoying himself.

As long as he plays good footy and doesn't get injured (or more importantly, suspended for a lengthy period of time :wink: ), then that's all I want from him.
Me too.

Although it could be argued that you are more prone to injury if you don't look after yourself off-field.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:Big deal if he is going out and enjoying himself.

yes true. However it is whom you are going out with and what you are doing.

Please do not construe anything from the above sentance, I dont know anything that Gardiner has done wrong. There has been no reports of any misdeeds, however from what i have had relayed to me, Rodger Fox would seem to be on the money.

However what RF also says is true. So what? the guy didn't sign a temperance clause, if he has been partying, lets hope he knuckles down now training is here (as he seemed to have last pre season).

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Im no fan of gardi but yet to see him caught out at anything.

been some sad sack attempts to link him to cousins every time that little turd plays up, but nothing they can hang their hats on.

gardiner hasn't been caught out, so he gets the benifit of the doubt.

Every time cousins stuff up, gardiners name gets a mention :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
RooandKosi
Club Player

Gardiner, Kosi and King ALL FIT mean we will be awesome in Ruck and Full Forward.

3 of the best talls in the game dont forget it!!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i hate it how they always mention gardi in all the benny boy stories they never mention fletcher embley kerr lynch as fellow bad eggs from west coast no it just mentions gardy

from my point i think gardy must be keeping himself out of trouble cause especially with the cousins saga more and more ppl would be ready to pounce once he makes the slightest mistake and seeing as though there hasnt been a whisper of him misbehaving i would say hes following the rules as for being out at 3am i think you would find most footballers/younge men have at one stage been out at 3 am

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

well they did try and mention gardiner in the 'bender by the yarra' story.

apparently gardiner joined cousins for a drink earlier in the evening and went home shortly after dinner when cuzz partied on.

i mean 'YOU BAD BOY GARDINER" :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

as for the comment gardy was a bad egg from the day he got to westcoast thats a fair strech of the truth when gardi was drafted he like benny boy had a clean record and showed no signs of going off the rails it was a group of the old "party boys" at west coast that started the spiral as they were considered gods by the perth public and the boy had alot to live up to but it seems they both let it controle them and the fell into the trap of thinking they were above the rules cause they were eagles players .. its a trend that has been around a while at WC gardy and cuz are just the stupid ones to get caught out

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:as for the comment gardy was a bad egg from the day he got to westcoast thats a fair strech of the truth when gardi was drafted he like benny boy had a clean record and showed no signs of going off the rails it was a group of the old "party boys" at west coast that started the spiral as they were considered gods by the perth public and the boy had alot to live up to but it seems they both let it controle them and the fell into the trap of thinking they were above the rules cause they were eagles players .. its a trend that has been around a while at WC gardy and cuz are just the stupid ones to get caught out
True. My mistake.

My mail is from a draftee who went there the same year as Chris Judd - 2001. He said at the time that he feared for his life every time Gardiner was within his vicinity.

So considering Gardiner was drafted in 1996, it did give him a fair bit of time to be 'corrupted'.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

not really corrupted
i mean he had a choice to make and he chose to party ect so its not all WC blame but that was the environment at the club , i dont know about other clubs and how they operate i only have a fair idea from the westcoast camp from a friend of mine who is an employee and as he put it "the young kids have a lot to live up to when they come to west coast both on the feild and in the bar if you get my drift "