Tim Lane's Article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

linz
Club Player

Tim Lane's Article

Not a bad read. Basically said that Pratt was possibly more guilty than Cousins in bringing the game into disrepute. I tend to agree. Basically Pratt has ripped off everyone of us. Well everyone of us who consume products packed in cardboard boxes. He should be in jail.

Tim is a Carlton supporter too. My estimation of him has increased as a result. Not by being a Carlton supporter (certainly not) but because he wrote the article despite being a Carlton supporter.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
The Peanut
Club Player

Re: Tim Lane's Article

linz wrote:Not a bad read. Basically said that Pratt was possibly more guilty than Cousins in bringing the game into disrepute. I tend to agree. Basically Pratt has ripped off everyone of us. Well everyone of us who consume products packed in cardboard boxes. He should be in jail.

Tim is a Carlton supporter too. My estimation of him has increased as a result. Not by being a Carlton supporter (certainly not) but because he wrote the article despite being a Carlton supporter.
Yeah - its interesting how quiet the AFL and the press are about this extemely serious issue - one of the biggest con jobs in Australia this decade - the AFL should be ashamed of themselves - they are not even pretenting to be interested. They are hailing the white collar thieves with one hand whilst whipping the ill with the other.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Cousins is basically harming himself...

Pratt has harmed virtually every Australian, if not every Australian.

That Pratt is allowed to stay President of Carlton is a disgrace.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
StNoodles
Club Player

As unethical, avaricious, money hungry etc Dick Pratt is, I love that Carlton's saviour has been revealed as a crooked farker... was only a matter of time... good on Tim Lane for telling it like it is...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Bloody disgrace. He should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute as well. No surprise he's at Carlscum. First Elliot. now Pratt. Like attracts like.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dimwit obviously has a new, just created rule, plucked out of his dirty brown rrrs, that is called the Philantrophy Rule.

ie....if you donate enough money, you're excluded from all corporate crimes.

Very convenient for the "Greasy Greek".

Richter
SS Life Member

Wow! First Tim Lane article I've ever agreed with. Strong opinion and, this time, bang on the money.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
linz
Club Player

It's not just about Pratt either ; it's about Carlton generally. They've stated that they'll do everything possible to keep him as Carlton's President. Money is a big thing; no it's EVERYthing at Carlton along with ill-begotten premierships.

If Pratt is found unsuitable by the Vic. Commission for gambling regulation to hold a gaming licence; they're willing to transfer ownership of their pokies to a seperate organisation (not connected to Pratt).

So Benny shoots some lines whilst men with obese wealth in suits meet in backrooms & whisper amongst themselves to organize the best ways to
rip-off every one of us.

Even the AFL don't have the guts to do anything on this one. Anyone surprised? It's ironic that North have to go North because they have no money left, but that's another story.

loriswa
Club Player

Good on for Tim Lane for writing such comments....BUT HEY WAIT A MINUTE forumites...... who on this site was saying just exactly this weeks ago????????

Yes our own Dan Warna..... maybe Dan is Tim Lane's ghost writer :wink:

Credit to Dan....... he came out with this conundrum about Pratt before Tim Lane went to press....maybe Tim gets his ideas from this site too?? I don't know, do I :?

I like Tim Lane's commentaries - unlike many on this site ( is it becuse he ran alongside me in the 1983 Melbourne Marathon for many kilometeres encouragng me not to give in when I hit the wall, so I will always be grateful to him????????)...... so I'm blinded?

Ontheother hand, I've been on this earth long enough to know those in the media will solicit their ideas from any source., then claim it as an original idea.

IMHO Dan Warna on this site is the conscience for many things in AFL and the larger community.

I think you'll find "opinion writers" such as P.Smith, T.Lane & P.Lalor take note of our Dan's ravings very closely. Wink, wink, nod, nod..... I got this 'fact/opinion' from the horse's mouth :wink: :wink: :shock: .

Cheers GD I know you are monitoring this site and will report this back :P

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Dimwit obviously has a new, just created rule, plucked out of his dirty brown rrrs, that is called the Philantrophy Rule.

ie....if you donate enough money, you're excluded from all corporate crimes.

Very convenient for the "Greasy Greek".

dimwit and pratt go way back...have business connections.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
linz
Club Player

I was hoping for a response from our Carlton trolls to Tim's article.

Maybe it cut too close to the bone.

Don't worry Tim, I'll shout you a coffee at the Prahran pool.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Tim Lane is also a Carlton supporter.

There is a big chance the AFL will take some action against Pratt tomorrow.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell