Interesting Trade Articles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RoseInOz
Club Player

I am fairly new to this forum. I am an older female Saints member in Queensland.
I have been a fan of St Kilda nearly all my adult life.
I found the following artilces interesting.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/h ... 93775.html
He is the fifth Saint to retire, along with Andrew Thompson, Fraser Gehrig, Brett Voss and Matthew Clarke. Justin Sweeney and Phillip Raymond have been delisted, while rookies Jayden Attard and Clinton Jones have been elevated

and may be some trades possible from this article.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 11,00.html

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Welcome RoseInOz :)

You will find the forum a bit heated at times, but please feel free to post your thoughts.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

RoseInOz wrote:and may be some trades possible from this article.
very interesting article...plenty of information which is backed up by quotes

Would anyone have any objections in offering Paul Haselby a 320-360k dollar contract?

BakesFan
SS Life Member

G'day and welcome, Rose. It's always good to see another QLD Sainter in here.
Whereabouts in QLD are you? If you're Brisbane or Gold Coast based, the new prez, Mr Westaway is meeting supporters next week.
Send a PM to Saint Bev or Plugger14 for details.
Cheers

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:

Would anyone have any objections in offering Paul Haselby a 320-360k dollar contract?
yep, he is slow, limited by OP, and has a tendency to be overweight (a kind of slow midfielder version of lance whitnall)

if he can turn his fitness and injuries around, he is probably as good as any skillful, slow paced midfielder going around.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

RoseInOz wrote:I am fairly new to this forum. I am an older female Saints member in Queensland.
I have been a fan of St Kilda nearly all my adult life.
Welcome.....

and perhaps as you are new here you may not have come across http://westofmoorabbin.com/
as yet,

If not have read..it is goldmine with the Peanut updating it twice daily with all articles from near and far on the saints.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintly
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:

Yes, isn't he slow!

RoseInOz
Club Player

Unfortunately I am about 2 and a half hours North, in Maryborough. I would love to go along if I could.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:if he can turn his fitness and injuries around, he is probably as good as any skillful, slow paced midfielder going around.
Yeah, he'll add much needed depth to our midfield and is definitely an improvement on a few who are currently getting a game.

Put him through the ringer during preseason to help him shed some of the weight that slows him down.

Ability and smarts can often make up for a lack of pace and he has both, he can definitely play. There are a lot of slowish midfielders who are running around doing outstanding jobs for their clubs - Kane Cornes, Priddis and Mitchell to name a few.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

tenace is the only one that the club should be interested in...but he has dicky hamstrings.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:if he can turn his fitness and injuries around, he is probably as good as any skillful, slow paced midfielder going around.
Yeah, he'll add much needed depth to our midfield and is definitely an improvement on a few who are currently getting a game.

Put him through the ringer during preseason to help him shed some of the weight that slows him down.

Ability and smarts can often make up for a lack of pace and he has both, he can definitely play. There are a lot of slowish midfielders who are running around doing outstanding jobs for their clubs - Kane Cornes, Priddis and Mitchell to name a few.
absolutely, its his OP i'd be worried about.

IMO trading adrian fletcher to make salary cap room was one of our biggest mistakes.

and fattleby has a lot of his game similar to fletch.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Mitchell from Hawthorn is slow, but gets plenty of the ball. Haselby looks overweight more than anything, but like Mitchell he reads it well, and maybe he needs a new environment. Whether we need another in and under player could be debated. Would we offer a third round pick ? I would presume Freo would be chasing something a bit better than that.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Mitchell from Hawthorn is slow, but gets plenty of the ball. Haselby looks overweight more than anything, but like Mitchell he reads it well, and maybe he needs a new environment. Whether we need another in and under player could be debated. Would we offer a third round pick ? I would presume Freo would be chasing something a bit better than that.
fattleby if fit without OP is worth a top 10 draft pick.

in his current form and health, round 2 mid pick.

IMO freo will want more but will settle for a round 2 pick.

his OP as discussed in the media will be where the issues are at though.

SHUT UP KRIME!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:tenace is the only one that the club should be interested in...but he has dicky hamstrings.....
Haselby > Tennace

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

As far as rumoured available players go, we should be looking at the following,

Darren Jolly (likely to stay at Sydney)
Cameron Wood
Mitch Hahn
Justin Sherman
Brock McLean (likely to stay at Melbourne)
Ryan Crowley
Jordan Lewis (if Hawthorn trade him)

Kayne Pettifer could also be an option if they a after another small forward, worth 30-40 goals a season.

ben_fff
Club Player

if McLean goes then Melbourne will regret it, when he plays well he plays football like all club leaders should, once he gets some consistency he'll be a top player.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Welcome RoseInOZ
if you can't get to the Dome on the weekends, the best alternative is up here in QLD :D

Seeya
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Mitch Hahn is the pick of that bunch IMO. He can play the 3rd tall fwd, is tough, reasonably quick & can go into the midfield or even backline when required.

He'd only be in his early 20's too so he'd be a great addition to the club. It would be interesting to see what the dogs would want for him though. If he was a Saint I'd say a 1st round pick but hopefully a 2nd rounder would get it done.

If he is squabbling over $$$ it looks like we may be in a position to offer a fair bit.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:yep, he is slow, limited by OP, and has a tendency to be overweight (a kind of slow midfielder version of lance whitnall)

if he can turn his fitness and injuries around, he is probably as good as any skillful, slow paced midfielder going around.
Whitnall's always had weight issues. Hasleby has only gotten bigger recently as the result of an injury which limits his ability to train and stay fit. He's also nowhere near as overweight as Whitnall is.

Even with his injury concerns he's missed a total of 13 games over an 166 game career. He doesn't miss games, and he always plays at a high level. Most importantly, he gets the ball, and he knows how to use it. Unlike a lot of our mids, he knows how to kick inside fifty. He's a fantastic player, and if we have a chance to pick him up, I'd be mad if we passed it up.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Haselby has signed with the dockers for two more years.

Carl Mynott
Club Player

wasoncestkil58 wrote:Haselby has signed with the dockers for two more years.
Good

The more things change the more they stay the same
nicko016
Club Player

Reading that article about trades I'd be considering McMahon and maybe Sam Power. Neither have been mentioned so far. McMahon is super quick could play Gram's role allowing Gram to go into the midfield or you could play them both off HB. Power would be a good depth player and could be a player that cold gradually just keep improving until he becomes a very good player. Wouldn't give that much up for either though. Maybe a 2nd round pick for McMahon or 3rd round pick for Power.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:As far as rumoured available players go, we should be looking at the following,

Cameron Wood
Mitch Hahn
Justin Sherman
Ryan Crowley

Kayne Pettifer could also be an option if they a after another small forward, worth 30-40 goals a season.
Darren Jolly - it all depends on his wife and what she wants...

Cameron Wood - hel'l go home to s.a surely...i don't want a person that urinated on me in a nightclub toilet as part of my football club

Mitch Hahn - he is a beanpole with no muscle...no thank you....he is a typical bulldog tall

Justin Sherman - so he uprooted his family form tasmania last year to live in Brisbane for him to leave??? i dont think so

Brock McLean - never...future leader of the dees

Ryan Crowley - no thank you...he is dispised that much by hs team-mates they have kicked him out of training numerous times

Jordan Lewis - why oh why??? the hawks would be mad to let him go...and considering pelchen's one sided trading games a team would have to give up a tonne and them some for lewis

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
Beno88 wrote:As far as rumoured available players go, we should be looking at the following,

Cameron Wood
Mitch Hahn
Justin Sherman
Ryan Crowley

Darren Jolly - it all depends on his wife and what she wants...

Cameron Wood - hel'l go home to s.a surely...i don't want a person that urinated on me in a nightclub toilet as part of my football club

Mitch Hahn - he is a beanpole with no muscle...no thank you....he is a typical bulldog tall

Justin Sherman - so he uprooted his family form tasmania last year to live in Brisbane for him to leave??? i dont think so

Brock McLean - never...future leader of the dees

Ryan Crowley - no thank you...he is dispised that much by hs team-mates they have kicked him out of training numerous times

Jordan Lewis - why oh why??? the hawks would be mad to let him go...and considering pelchen's one sided trading games a team would have to give up a tonne and them some for lewis

Mitch Hahn. I have no idea who you have mixed him up with but he has the opposite build. Would be great pick up if fit but who has said he is available.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Hahn was mentioned in the link above as being in dispute over pay.

You're on the money Plugger, Hahn is a tank...very physical and tough. Would be a ready made replacement for Hamill.