Judd will not come to the Saints - Lock it in

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I honestly couldn't give a stuff where he goes tbh. If Bally gets his OP fixed and comes out next year and sets the competition alight then that's all I'll care about.

How's that for an opinion?

Ill care if its Collingwood or Essendon or Carlton.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Very well, try this on for size...

Wherever Judd goes, he alone will not make a difference to the side's fortunes... bookmark it.

I know some of you are thinking "Oh, no s***, he's only one player, of course he won't make a difference" but I mean, hypothetically Judd goes to Carlton - won't change my thoughts of where they will finish next year one iota. (Though that may be because I don't know where they'll finish)

Nor is he going to lead the bulldogs or the saints straight to a flag. I'm almost prepared to bet we'll never see him play as well as he did for west coast.

kalsaint
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:I think that's obvious fonz.

One of the most annoying aspects of this site is people starting new threads on a subject already covered because they think their opinion is more important than others.
New threads are nothing about what people think about their opinion IMO.

I actually enjoy multiple threads because I dont see all the threads started on this web site. I haven't seen the other five threads on Judd. Some dont have high speed broadband and dont want to wait ages working through slow links to ensure they have covered all the possible Judd threads in the last week.

There are plenty of reasons why multiple threads start.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Chris Judd has told Hawthorn he doesnt want to move there.

Will not be meeting them when he arrives back in Melbourne.

Interesting, to say the least...

TwoTowers
Club Player

He also told Carlton last week that he wouldn't move there but all this means is that he will be giving some other club the front-running and the best opportunity to grab him.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

havent heard bout the carlton but i have heard he told hawthorn hes not interested and also the bulldogs (due to aker's comments on braun)

i would imagin the Roos would be out to as they have ties to the goldcoast move

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
4ever_saint
Club Player

On channel 7 tonight they talked to Judd and he said he was only speaking to 4 teams; richmond, carlton and melbourne. not sure on the fourth club, but it definitely wasnt st.kilda ;)

i don't know whether that means we are 100% out of the race for judd, or we just havent scheduled an interview yet, but ch7 made it seem like only those 4 clubs were in the running for judd.

Cirra
Club Player

4ever_saint wrote:On channel 7 tonight they talked to Judd and he said he was only speaking to 4 teams; richmond, carlton and melbourne. not sure on the fourth club, but it definitely wasnt st.kilda ;)

i don't know whether that means we are 100% out of the race for judd, or we just havent scheduled an interview yet, but ch7 made it seem like only those 4 clubs were in the running for judd.
They said on Footy Classified on Monday Night that the 4 clubs were Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and the outside Melbourne.

So who knows???

"When we get back on November 5 and walk through that door, we're getting on a bus together and we're going down the road to a premiership. You're either on the bus or you get run over," Roo at the B&F 2007

In 2012, I'm still on the bus.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

he will talk to the saints thats been already advised but im not to sure we are any chance at all

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote: New threads are nothing about what people think about their opinion IMO.

I actually enjoy multiple threads because I dont see all the threads started on this web site. I haven't seen the other five threads on Judd. Some dont have high speed broadband and dont want to wait ages working through slow links to ensure they have covered all the possible Judd threads in the last week.

There are plenty of reasons why multiple threads start.
In JD's case the word righteous comes to mind... that's what that was about

awesome_days
Club Player

I think the whole issue is pretty straight forward.

If Judd nominates St Kilda (or any other Melbourne club for that matter), there is a 80% chance he will end up at that club.

If Judd nominates St Kilda, he wont be on $1m per year because he will be trying to win premierships, not weaken the team in the near future. By taking a $1m salary he will limit the clubs ability to keep the key players.

It is not so much about the money Chris Judd can earn from the ??? FC but what the ??? FC can give Judd outside of football.

Trade week will go along the lines of:
- C Judd states he wants to go to ??? FC
- ??? FC offers a 1st rd draft pick plus a fringe player who is U/22
- WCE state that is not enough, ??? FC does not budge.
- Friday, 30 mins before deadline, WCE ask for same deal plus an upgrade of 2nd & 3rd round picks. Offer goes through with only an upgrade of 3rd rd pick.
- If offer doesn't go through, C Judd goes to PSD where Richmond or Carlton will pick him up.

Once C Judd nominates his club it will be very difficult for WCE to get 2 top-10 draft picks as it is unlikely they will let Judd go for nothing.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

We had our chance to get Judd and we blew it a long time ago.

JeffDunne

skeptic wrote:In JD's case the word righteous comes to mind... that's what that was about
Blow me.

The mods here don't have the facility to merge threads so I think a bit of common sense is sometimes required.

When there's half a dozen threads on the same topic why start another that only adds 'this is my opinion' to the discussion?

Why? Because you're scared you're opinion won't be noticed in one of the other threads. Why else would you start another?

Too many people here doing it far too often.

If you have a different angle on a pre-existing topic then fair enough, but 99% of the time that's not the case.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
skeptic wrote:In JD's case the word righteous comes to mind... that's what that was about
Blow me.

The mods here don't have the facility to merge threads so I think a bit of common sense is sometimes required.

When there's half a dozen threads on the same topic why start another that only adds 'this is my opinion' to the discussion?

Why? Because you're scared you're opinion won't be noticed in one of the other threads. Why else would you start another?

Too many people here doing it far too often.

If you have a different angle on a pre-existing topic then fair enough, but 99% of the time that's not the case.
Spot on JD

We've all done it at some time..me included. The "my 5c worth" or "how i see this issue" threads that easly could have been added onto another thread.

No-one expects major topics like the Bakes case, Judd or the Board challenge to all go in one thread..especially as the mods cant merge threads...but its not like the topic everyone is rehashing is ever tucked away on page 2. Just a little bit of thought before posting can, if nothing else, stop other , less "blockbuster" topics getting shoved down onto page 2 or 3 in a matter of hours, where people cant see them.

I make no apologies that I will lock threads started by people who cant spend 2 secs looking for a relevant thread before posting.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Brewer
Club Player

Little Dozer wrote:We had our chance to get Judd and we blew it a long time ago.
I don't think we were ever a chance to get Judd. He wants good facilities, good medical care, and a good chance at a flag or two.

My prediction is that he'll go to Collingwood. Eddie can pull strings, get Twigley in front of a camera, and give Judd everything he wants. They might even give up a Thomas or Pendlebury plus a GOP or trade into a draft pick. It seems clear that Judd fancies himself in a black and white jumper anyway and Eddie usually gets what he wants.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

it couldn't be a case of topics going off track or u don't want to go through 5-6 pages of posts to argue something only to find that ur off topic or that fact topics actually lose momentum and drop and it's easier to start a fresh topic to flow conversation

honestly JD, is it lonely up there on your pedestal?