Very, very interesting....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

osama milne laden wrote:>>>Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
He did not fall off the stage and that is fact whether you choose to believe or not. I was sitting just near where that happened and all he did was step back and there was an uneven bit of stage at the end and he didn't see it. Nothing to it. He wasn't drunk, drinking yes, drunk no.

from the ten metres i was sitting away from it, no-one else had trouble with the uneven stage

the one time he came into the victory room, after the swans win, was a similar story

also file under when he addressed supporters after telstra stadium game at the sydney function

sorry to go all 'festival of light' on you, but it's not a good look
Well we were sitting just near where he tripped and it was clear what happened. There were quite a few people on the stage at the time and he went to step back and trippped in fact I could see it would happen before he did it. Of course this story isn't as juicy, so don't believe it.

People are talking about Westaway and gutter polictics, and a look at what is going on here? No different.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
People are talking about Westaway and gutter polictics, and a look at what is going on here? No different.
yes so true Saint Bev, and they are very easily spotted.

Hope the new President doesn't ever stumble in public, you know nasty rumours and innuendo may start :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Igmata
Club Player

Richter wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:2 + 2 = 4

Westaway is saying the things that need saying.

I can't wait to see the back of RB. Even if the rumor is just that, what would the players think? Rumors like that haven't surfaced around Pies or Bummers.
Why doesn't he say it then?

Innuendo and mudslinging.

Great start by Mr Clean :roll:
Naive JB. look what happened to Akermanis when he told of his drug cheat concerns. No back-up whatsoever. We all know that in terms of drugs and alcohol society is in a hypocritical mess. No, I don't have any particular proposed solution either, but there's no use being all high and mighty about it.

You say that the S.Africa thing was all cleared up..... yes, by RB, MK and a journalist.... not sure I bought that at the time........
Saying what was said - using inuendo opens a Pandora's Box.

As has been pointed out its a dangerous ploy to play.
If Butter's group sign a declaration that there are 'wife beaters' on his board what happens?
Do we assume there are wife beaters on the other group?
Or if the Butters group sign the same declaration about drugs and alcohol. So what?

Its about what each group can ACTUALLY bring to the table for the betterment of the footy club overall.
What can the challenges bring is what you should be asking yourselves.
Which brings us back to ploys, deflections,accountability and records.

bob__71
Club Player

Lets face it who the hell is surprised. StKilda FC has had drugs written all over it for years....It all makes perfect sense.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Lets face it who the hell is surprised. StKilda FC has had drugs written all over it for years....It all makes perfect sense.

Where does that come from only ever had rumors of one person using (actually two I think) pretty big statement, we are not west coke or the high flying hawks.

bob__71
Club Player

yeah but does that explain the decisions the board not just this one has made over the years....anyways i guess the booze is just as bad

spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm concerned that Fox is behind this push, the fatcat who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him -another jetsetting playboy who is happy to use this club as his toy. As for veiled inferences by his puppet Westaway, well at least Butters comes out and names names when he babbles to the media in public, he ain't perfect and I'm not necessarily a fan, but at least he says it straight.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I can only see 2 or 3 people with a 'vendetta'.
Look in a miiror, you will see one more.
No, not true.

Butterss was exactly what this club needed - so was his Board, when they took over.

They were the first Board I'd ever seen who were totally about the club.

They were faceless, worked hard and were united. Had strong vision and it wasn't about them.

It worked, and to be frank probably saved the club.

I have no vendetta. I have admiration for what was done.

However, somewhere along the line this changed.

Butterss was in the press too much, and appeared to be in self-preservation mode. It, somewhere along the line became about him and his Board.

Suddenly, the Board's position's were there focus.

The reasons for GTs sacking were basically the same as Alves'. The Board's power was being diluted, and they didn't like it.

Once a decision is made for reasons like this, we have a problem. Whether or not the decision was correct doesn't matter.

The reason for it sent alarms bells ringing immediately.

I also think Butterss and the Board have let this 'self-preservation' mode seriously affect their job. They have the $1m profit - but this came at a cost.

At the expense of what we are here to do. I believe that this became the club's priority - footy came second. Protecting their own positions - particularly Butterss', was the priority.

It's time for a change.
Outstanding post.

If you can't pick up the issue in this thread after reading through ... well, I don't know.

Politics is a dirty business.

What Westaway has done is low, but I would expect similar from Butterss too.

Anyone willing to directly be involved has to wear this sort of stuff.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
asiu

everything is about politics

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote: Rumors like that haven't surfaced around Pies or Bummers.
Well, that's half true ! :wink:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
What will RB come back with....

"We stand for being free of tax evasion, under the table cash payments and never cheating on wives on footy trips
I'm tipping that he wont use that response !

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
barneyboyz
Club Player

fugazi wrote:ausfatcat, what question was asked?

My understanding is that they rolled out their policy of non-drinking and non-narcotics!!!

Non-narcotics FFS!!!! And then goes on to say that the incumbents shouldn't take offence.

Rod Butterss could come back and say " No worries Mr Westaway...well our ticket doesn't like wife-bashing....oh, not that we're inferring anything...just ruling out innuendos and rumours!!!"

Its a dirty little game they have initiated and we are hanging the dirtiest of laundry out in public...

do you think thats a good idea??

They have adopted a very pious position that opens itself to an enormous fall.
Also, people that like "the politics" just because of the sport of it all, who like to see it get dirty for no other reason than to see a fight, are what's going to be the end of this fine club and there I was, just starting to think this club was starting to change (no off field issues).....just hope all the people that think "change for change sake" have a good look at themselves.....SSF? FFS For Sure

P.S. Burkey didn't even sound proud of what he was going to do the other day, didn't even want to say if he was in or not, what's that mean?

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

can i ask a stupid question??!

Is westaway insuniating Butters is using drugs?

#1 Ryder fan
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

MC Euro Gusto wrote:can i ask a stupid question??!

Is westaway insinuating Butters is using drugs?
Well pick one of:
* is very naive
*is happy to infer mud....hoping that some will stick

RB is known to enjoy a drink....so merging alcohol with DRUGS...the hot issue of the AFL allows him to hint that some nasty may be at play.....and then claim afterwards that no innuendo was intended.

Personally I think that such tactics weaken the FF bid rather than strengthen it.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Question.....do you think alcohol free match day functions will be a big hit with Sponsors and Coterie Groups???

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I'm concerned that Fox is behind this push, the fatcat who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him -another jetsetting playboy who is happy to use this club as his toy. As for veiled inferences by his puppet Westaway, well at least Butters comes out and names names when he babbles to the media in public, he ain't perfect and I'm not necessarily a fan, but at least he says it straight.
Spert you make way to much sense for this joint.

I too have very real fear of Fox behind this - despite the obvious Westaway denial. I also have grave concerns that should Fox have his filthy mits anywhere near this...that his poster boy Grant Thomas would not be far behind. A black day for this club if we EVER go down that cloud belief riddled path again.

Lets see what comes out......it ultimately will.

“Yeah….nah””
Leo.J
SS Life Member

spert wrote:I'm concerned that Fox is behind this push, the fatcat who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him -another jetsetting playboy who is happy to use this club as his toy. As for veiled inferences by his puppet Westaway, well at least Butters comes out and names names when he babbles to the media in public, he ain't perfect and I'm not necessarily a fan, but at least he says it straight.
Rod being honest and straight...spare me.

Rod couldn't lie straight in bed.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:well at least Butters comes out and names names when he babbles to the media in public, he ain't perfect and I'm not necessarily a fan, but at least he says it straight.
Is that a joke??

always tomorrow
Club Player

For the umpteenth time, I can assure you 100% that none of the Fox family, friends, associates or strangers in the street that pass them by and say hello are behind this push.

I promise you that.

AT

Saints to go great in 08!
always tomorrow
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Spert you make way to much sense for this joint.

I too have very real fear of Fox behind this - despite the obvious Westaway denial. I also have grave concerns that should Fox have his filthy mits anywhere near this...that his poster boy Grant Thomas would not be far behind. A black day for this club if we EVER go down that cloud belief riddled path again.

Lets see what comes out......it ultimately will.
Teflon

read my post to spert now, I will assure you as well, none of the Fox's are involved with this ticket.

AT

spert
Saintsational Legend

Yeah sure. tsk tsk
Last edited by spert on Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:36am, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

always tomorrow wrote: For the umpteenth time, I can assure you 100% that none of the Fox family, friends, associates or strangers in the street that pass them by and say hello are behind this push.

I promise you that.

AT
Thats good and fine AT, but you are just an anonimous nic on an internet site, your guarnatees mean SFA.

Westaway is on the public record as saying Lindsay Fox or his family have nothing to do with the FFS.

Really nothing more needs to be said.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

I've heard Foxes definately want Butterss out. So they seem not so much pro SFF , but very anti Rod

always tomorrow
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Thats good and fine AT, but you are just an anonimous nic on an internet site, your guarnatees mean SFA.
JB

yes i am anonymous and for good reason and as such i'll cop your comment fair and square BUT i've been posting here for a while and everything i've offerred up has been proven right (if you go back over all my posts with info others wouldn't have access to).

i do say trust what i say, but the minute i lie on here is the minute i lose all credibility and you guys would treat anything i say with the disdain i would deserve.

i'll keep posting what i know as fact when I have something confirmed and ultimately you will see what i say as fact is fact as information comes to light.

AT

JeffDunne

Fox definately dislikes Rod. Actually I think dislike is not a strong enough description. It's why I found the suggestion that Rod was close to Ron Evans so laughable.

While I'm in two minds on Lindsay's involvement, he's a very infulential person with many AFL powerbrokers. I'd like to hear his thoughts on what & who should be leading the club forward because his support could be very important.