What happened to normal elections????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

What happened to normal elections????

Once upon a time...if you believed you had something to contribute as Board(committee) member at a club you declared your hand....detailed what you had to offer...and stood for election at the normal elections.

You might also talk to a few like minded souls...who might also stand.....

Why these days do people believe that they have to work "undercover" and that they have to "oust" others???

Should not a club Board...and I emphasise CLUB, be one of continual change where new blood comes and goes (as it has with the current Board)...and yes where from time to time this includes the President, VP etc...

I must admit that this whole concept of a group meeting clandestinely as if they have the right to decide who is on the Board concerns me.

They have the right to put their hands up....but they do not have the right to decide who should be on the Board. At the end of the day the members should decide.

If people want to stand....and this is a virtue and good on them for wanting to contribute.......it should be done out in the open.

Lets know who they are are...and what they stand for....lets know WHY they believe that they will be better for the Saints.

This should not be about personalities or about egos (though lets be honest NO ONE without a healthy ego is going to put themselves up for the angst that being a Board Member entails if they do not have shall we say a healthy ego..)

I am not against change...and indeed support change if it means that the saints will be better off.

But it needs to be change for a benefit....and not just because some feel aggrieved about past decisions.

anyone can whinge....but FEW can put up SOLUTIONS.

So if we are to have a so called "alternate" Board stand......what I want to hear from the is about OUR future, The saints FUTURE...and so I want SOLUTIONS....I want to know what their VISION is and what are their PLANS to achieve it.

I don't want vague motherhood statements.....I want to see some precise Detail on what they can offer MY Club...what they can OFFER OUR club.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 09 Sep 2007 5:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

In fairness, their hand has been forced by the media.

As I understand it, this week coming was always going to be the time they moved to make their ticket public.

Apparently everything will be put out in the open this week ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:
As I understand it, this week coming was always going to be the time they moved to make their ticket public.

Apparently everything will be put out in the open this week ...
I sincerely hope that you are right, and yes I heard that they will be going public on Mon or Tue of this week.

As it stands right now, the entity that is suffering the most is the brand of St Kilda Football Club.

This is/should be the busiest period for the club. Trade/Draft preparations. List Management. Membership plans for 2008. New Major sponsor to replace Bill Express. Moorabbin re-development or whatever. All of these issues would/should be taking up a whole lot of time/resources without the added workload that an EGM/Board Challenge would create.

I wouldn't know Greg Westaway from a bar of soap (is he a member of St KFC?). If he thinks he can do as good or better than RB then he should come out with plans for the short, medium & longer term.

Another option might be to utilise the very best of both groups and move forward in a bloodless & harmonous manner, although I doubt this will hapen !!

JeffDunne

I don't see anyone other than our president making comments in the media that are damaging the club, so other than your personal bias I don't see what the problem is.

His comment yesterday suggesting the viability of the club is somehow linked to him being involved is not only irresponsible it is a sad indictment of his term as president if he believes that.

As for the rest of your rant and what should happen, isn't that exactly what's being done? The challengers have waited until after the season and are making plans to challenge as far away from a new season as possible.

TBH, I think it's completely irresponsible and self-serving that clubs delay AGM's until just before a new season. So too is trying to paint people as being disloyal because they fear the direction the incumbents are taking.

firthy
Club Player

Teflon and Tool4eva get on the board mates, youse know the lot , every body else is wrong, absolutely love sacking people ,slandering ,bad mouthing anyone who works hard to get our mighty saints moving in the upwards direction, would fit in with the present mob perfectly --- oh sorry i'm sure your both much to busy to actually do anything for the club.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
jk23
Club Player

Years ago members would be notified to vote. What has happened with that ? If you could not be there in person you could send a proxy vote in the mail ????

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

jk23 wrote:Years ago members would be notified to vote. What has happened with that ? If you could not be there in person you could send a proxy vote in the mail ????
will still happen a EGM hasn't been called yet and officially we don't know there will be one so how can they send out proxy votes???

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Another small matter that needs to be considered in all of this is the cost of an EGM. I have heard estimaes of somewhere between $200,000 & $400,000. I'm sure the club has better things to spend that sort of money on !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

firthy wrote:Teflon and Tool4eva get on the board mates, youse know the lot , every body else is wrong, absolutely love sacking people ,slandering ,bad mouthing anyone who works hard to get our mighty saints moving in the upwards direction, would fit in with the present mob perfectly --- oh sorry i'm sure your both much to busy to actually do anything for the club.
...gold mate....as usual.......wish you would post more often though..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:In fairness, their hand has been forced by the media.

In fairness it has not......

The media can only know because someone or someones on the "alternate ticket" have been indiscreet.....or are trying to use the media as a tool.

The "alternates" may be fantastic....but at present their capabilities, views and motives are unkown.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

The "alternates" may be fantastic....but at present their capabilities, views and motives are unkown.
You can also add;

Exactly who they are is not yet known either !!

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

cost of EGM

Eastern wrote:"Eastern wrote:
Another small matter that needs to be considered in all of this is the cost of an EGM. I have heard estimaes of somewhere between $200,000 & $400,000. I'm sure the club has better things to spend that sort of money on !!

FWIW, I have a finance background and have done the costs for an AGM for a mid size listed company, which was: 1. approx 60c per voting shareholder( for us, read"member") for the mailhouse postage , processing and wrapping the written material by machine;2. $4-5000 for legals to prepare the notice and resolutions; 3.the cost of the location which depends on the location - they spent $2000 : and 4 . the largest cost is printing, (but that was a big glossy doc) - for an EGM it's probably right to budget for 10 pages per voting member, so at 6-8c per page , say $20000. Essendon FC has said on TV they are budgeting $40,000 for their EGM , which sounds right.

I would like to see an election if the secret rumoured group are a legit ticket - not pretenders or posers on an ego trip, or Bedwell . We haven't had the chance to vactually vote for our own board at Stk for many years - when was the last full contested election where we had a say and could choose? I have been a member for 14 years and can only remember one person contesting a spot a few years ago. A bit of democracy isn't a bad idea. And to finish up, if they are going to do it, do it this week and get it over with . Anytime is disruptive and not good, but now is the best time, because the actual footy season is no good, next year in the run up to the pre season comp is no good, christmas is no good - so IMO , now is the best of the worst times.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

firthy wrote:Teflon and Tool4eva get on the board mates, youse know the lot , every body else is wrong, absolutely love sacking people ,slandering ,bad mouthing anyone who works hard to get our mighty saints moving in the upwards direction, would fit in with the present mob perfectly --- oh sorry i'm sure your both much to busy to actually do anything for the club.
Where you been hiding ya flog?

If youve got an opinion great - cant see it happening but you never know...otherwise stick to the Collingwood borads you troll.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
...gold mate....as usual.......wish you would post more often though..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Thats it?
Thats what youve resorted to - cheering people who have a shot at me or B4E over the internet?

You sad sad cardigan wearer. :lol:

“Yeah….nah””