Butterss on MMM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:mm

it was a reply to srs wasn't it ?

i know u and jd were discussing ....but then srs had a go
Gazrat, you may be correct, but I don't think so. SRr was replying to his sarcastic post to me about RB paying for 'costs that have been incurred'

But lets be charitable and say I have reacted to a post that wasn't directed towards me. I'm sure JeffDunne will let us know. :)

I'd still really like to know what costs have been incurred or will be incurred by RB's removal?

Quite frankly, I would have thought that the one area RB is above criticism is his largesse towards the Club in both what he has personally 'tipped in' and 'not taken'?

JeffDunne

MM, I was responding to sRr but it was a continuation of the theme.

What cost to the club in getting rid of RB? Well I guess that depends on the determination of those wanting change and those trying to prevent it.

TBH, the administrative costs don't bother me at all. They are the least of our worries.

Cost to the club will be in selling memberships, sponsorships, corporate packages and the like if this drags on.

Also, I don't really put any stock in money people put into the club when it could be easily claimed they are doing so out of self interest. If someone with massive cash reserves is prepared to put money in simply to cover for their incompetence, it's hardly a sustainable business plan to take the club forward. I'd say the same for any challenger whose business plan is nothing more than that. If Rod's prepared to continue to put in cash once he's given the arse, I'd respect him for that. I wouldn't hold my breathe though.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:MM, I was responding to sRr but it was a continuation of the theme.

What cost to the club in getting rid of RB? Well I guess that depends on the determination of those wanting change and those trying to prevent it.

TBH, the administrative costs don't bother me at all. They are the least of our worries.

Cost to the club will be in selling memberships, sponsorships, corporate packages and the like if this drags on.

Also, I don't really put any stock in money people put into the club when it could be easily claimed they are doing so out of self interest. If someone with massive cash reserves is prepared to put money in simply to cover for their incompetence, it's hardly a sustainable business plan to take the club forward. I'd say the same for any challenger whose business plan is nothing more than that. If Rod's prepared to continue to put in cash once he's given the arse, I'd respect him for that. I wouldn't hold my breathe though.
Welcome back to the debate JD :)

I don't think the 'selling memberships etc' will be a problem if there is a new Board. There will be a positive vibe around the Club, as there was when RB and his Board came in.

I suppose his willingness to continue to 'donate' cash will depend on what/how happens over the next few weeks/months. If the result is positive for him (not necessarily him 'winning') then he may feel inclined to continue. If he is unceremoniously turfed out he mightn't feel so inclined (understandably). One thing that cannot be denied is the fact that he has done it up till now.

By all means judge him as harshly as you like on his role as President but at the same time he is allowed to have some credit for positive things he has done, like tipping in cash.

One thing I believe History will judge him in a positive light if he finishes up this year is that, financially, he will have left the Club in a far better position than when he arrived there.
You may argue how much of it was/wasn't his direct doing, but he is the President and ultimately the person in charge. That goes for the positives as well as the negatives.

JeffDunne

Tipping in cash?

Outside of covering for the ill-fated venture in offering someone a $mil/year to coach, what other cash has he tipped in?

If he didn't cover for that f***up, do you really think he'd still be president? :?

Interesting too you've adopted the "ultimately the person in charge" line.

I presume that covers all aspects of the club and not just the financials?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
JeffDunne wrote: If there are people trying to form a ticket, why would they want to sit down for "coffee" with Rod? Rod wants a solution that has Rod as part of it so "coffee" would be pointless if you don't share that position.
If they have concerns about the state of the StKFC and have the best interest of the club at heart I would think a conciliatory approach to the incumbent Board would be the most logical first step.

Unless of course if the potential new administration is as serlf serving as RB himself.
You waste far tomuch good arguemenmts and points on Jeffery JB.......his view is like him....simple...Rod Butters IS NOT allowed to talk publicly yet anyone whiteanting the club is free to spread rumours of challenges and poor performance by the Board and infighting as much as they like..."

Jeff do us all a favour and but out of the debate cause your blind bias and hatred for all things Butters means no sense nor logic pervades any part of your arguments.

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

Teflon wrote:.......his view is like him....simple...
Teflon wrote:Here we go again.....

ahem.....mods?

I was advised this clown was close to banned???????? or let me guess.....he starts ANOTHER slanging match and ties up the forum for pages and walks away with a slap o n the wrist?

Do something about it!

Can you say hypocrite?

:roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:

ahem.....mods?

I was advised this clown was close to banned???????? or let me guess.....he starts ANOTHER slanging match and ties up the forum for pages and walks away with a slap o n the wrist?

Do something about it!

Can you say hypocrite?

.... :lol: :wink: .you got his number, haven't you......bet he can't spell it though..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:

ahem.....mods?

Do something about it!

Can you say hypocrite?

theres a big difference between insult...and fact. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

ahem.....mods?

Do something about it!

Can you say hypocrite?

.... :lol: :wink: .you got his number, haven't you......bet he can't spell it though..... :wink:
you have been warned...I have been informed.....keep going..........and I'll keep feeding the rope.... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Cut it Teflon.

"feeding the rope".

Understand your concerns, but baiting is also against the rules.

Keep on topic please EVERYONE.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

JeffDunne wrote:Or you have a 3rd choice.

Get on with delivering something of substance rather than stroking your ego and let the members decided if and when a challenge is made.

Suggesting publicly the club's viability is linked to yourself is indefensible.

I really laugh at the claims some people here are "GT sympathisers" when they come from people who defend some of most appalling comments I've heard from a club president.
or you have a 4th choice .. put a succession plan in place. IF RB knows what makes a good board and a good president he can always help find a replacement for the sake of harmony in the club. Get out of the limelight for a couple of years and let the GT v RB thing blow over. He can always come back later - just as there is talk about Andrew Plympton getting involved wit hthe Club again.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:or you have a 4th choice .. put a succession plan in place. IF RB knows what makes a good board and a good president he can always help find a replacement for the sake of harmony in the club. Get out of the limelight for a couple of years and let the GT v RB thing blow over. He can always come back later - just as there is talk about Andrew Plympton getting involved wit hthe Club again.
That's it, has to go sooner or later and a smooth transition would be nice.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Cut it Teflon.

"feeding the rope".

Understand your concerns, but baiting is also against the rules.

Keep on topic please EVERYONE.
cheers OWTS - I know you understand my concerns.... and not just mine.
Im happy to let go of the rope....as long as we're balanced in our moderating approach...thats all I ask.

“Yeah….nah””
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

"Ego is not a dirty word". Why is it that the classic Skyhooks song always comes to mind when I think of Roddy McButterss. Like his 'great mate' before him, the ego takes hold and refuses to let go.

Bit like this place too!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:I wish GT would put his hand in his pocket for the damage he has caused the club...

I reckon wasting draft picks and stupid trades should be worth a few $million owed...

Not to mention false advertisng in pretending to be a coach.....while demading that he was paid one of the higher salaries fora coach....rather than at the standard rookie coach rate.
Have you got any idea how much most of the coaches are paid? How much Matthews, Sheedy, and Malhouse pull down? Wallace? I would expect GT's 500k would be more than Laidley's deal, but i would imagine that 500k is not wild spending (and I'll admit, my sources are limited in this regard, if you've got better ones, I'd love to see them), especially if the recipient is also doing the job of the footy dept manager - again, have you got any idea what this role would normally pay?

Can you put your comments into context, or is the above post just an opportunity to gind an axe?

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford