Sam Newman on MMM !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Illicit drugs, not performance enhancing (although I must say some illicit drugs would be performance enhancing and others the opposite).

So who really cares.

AFL players only reflect the society they are part of.

Nobody running a Dog Fighting establishment, like Michael Vick of the Atlanta Falcons. That idiot has blown a $130,000,000.00 contract.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:20am, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Mate, the stuff IS performance enhancing that's the big problem. How can we rate a players running capacity V Robert Harvey when the guy might be on a (I'll say it again) performance enhancing drug. We know Harves aint - and he doesn't need testing. If this stuff is really wide spread, then the game will be kerrrrput. No-one including me will support it. I suppose that's why the AFL is so desperate to cover it all up.

Robert Harvey, what a legend! ... and growing bigger every day.
K,

on the same wavelength here.

Can't be bothered typing a lengthy response like I intended to - you know where I'm coming from and it's futile to try to explain it to those who haven't yet seen it.

If not stopped soon and dealt with, WITH CONSEQUENCES, our game will die a slow death. The AFL should have suspended Cousins for a full year, at the very least, for having the addiction he had/has/always will have. My personal opinion was two years for what he was doing.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

on another note, did anyone catch the Bulldogs/Hawks game today?

geez Hawthorn looked alot better after the half-time break, Clarkson's speach must have been a real pick-me-up

;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:on another note, did anyone catch the Bulldogs/Hawks game today?

geez Hawthorn looked alot better after the half-time break, Clarkson's speach must have been a real pick-me-up

;)

must of had some stirring lines

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

I watched that game. Hodge's supply to Franklin was mind-blowing.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

ausfatcat wrote:
The_Dud wrote:on another note, did anyone catch the Bulldogs/Hawks game today?

;)

must of had some stirring lines
:lol: :lol: :wink:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

B W and R all over wrote:I watched that game. Hodge's supply to Franklin was mind-blowing.
sure it wasn't mind altering? :wink:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
ctqs
Club Player

Otiman wrote:Some forums with relatively big backing should take on the AFL on matters such as this. It's not a news reporting situation and shouldn't be treated as so. Basically the AFL flexes their muscle and forums cave.

The only difference between this and a chat in a bar between mates is that it is recorded and able to be accessed by others.
It's actually not the AFL's call. It was a Supreme Court judge who made that ruling. The AFL wasn't even a party to the proceeding. It's tried to join since, but hasn't actually been granted permission as yet, though it seems certain they will become part of the case. It's back in court on Thursday to try to get the injunction amended so the club can be named. It was named the other night because the media outlet in question wasn't served with it until it was too late. That's why nobody can repeat it right now. As for naming individuals, is it right for people's medical records to be made public without their consent?

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

if they could name the club why couldn't they name the players?

*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

according to dylan howard from channel 7 on nova radio this morning..

they could have named the players but chose not to. and he rekons they should be given some credit for that.

i duno..as much as i would like to know who they are...its not right for their personal info to be made public.

as much as i kno its probly reality...i would be shattered if saints players were outed as taking drugs :cry:

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

The individuals have to be named now due to Dylan Howard's decision. Ch7 have now made an entire club 'guilty' until proven innocent.

Cop out. Go the whole hog or shut your trap.
Last edited by SENsei on Mon 27 Aug 2007 3:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:The individuals have to be made now due to Dylan Howard's decision. Ch7 have now made an entire club 'guilty' until proven innocent.

Cop out. Go the whole hog or shut your trap.
exactly my feelings... If I was a player from that club and had done nothing wrong have that suspition over me because some team mates did the wrong thing I would be livered. Say everything or nothing at all. And especially don't advertise it and then not say it.

crowjelly
Club Player

Is "livered" akin to being brained?

Cityboy
Club Player

Is there any chance that the AFL might get fully fed up with what Channel 7 has dished up this year, crap coverage, not treating the Drugs/Aka issues a little more to their liking, and give 7 their $'s back and tell'em to shove their contract? Would they have an OUT clause?

Just some thoughts.
________
MARIJUANA JOINT
Last edited by Cityboy on Wed 16 Feb 2011 10:47am, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Why stinger?

It's news and they broke the story. That's their job.

If the info was stolen then that's not their problem, someone will pay for that.

If I was a news organisation I'd have run with it.
...no...don't agree...the info...confidential patient records were stolen......was hawked around to other agencies including 9 and 10...they refused to buy it...7 don't have any scruples.......

...wait and see what happens...7 will get their pants sued off them...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:Why stinger?

It's news and they broke the story. That's their job.

If the info was stolen then that's not their problem, someone will pay for that.

If I was a news organisation I'd have run with it.
...no...don't agree...the info...confidential patient records were stolen......was hawked around to other agencies including 9 and 10...they refused to buy it...7 don't have any scruples.......

...wait and see what happens...7 will get their pants sued off them...
Spot on stinger :-)

This is very different to players being tested positive. Confidential medical records (as they ALL are) have been sold to the media and said media have made them public. Absolutely disgraceful by all parties involved IMHO

Found the papers in the gutter??? What an absolute load of tosh! These records were pilfered from someones filing cabinet....I'd stake my life on it. I hope the police investigation nabs the culprit, whther its the woman who whoever, and throws the freaking book at 'em. That story has more holes than a Swiss cheese factory.

Ch 7 were the third media outlet she went to..as you do when you find a confidential document and want to return it but the gate is locked :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
JeffDunne

So you know they were stolen stinger? That's a pretty big call at this point. I suspect it might be true but I'm not going to finger someone while there's a police investigation into it.

And FWIW, if news organisations weren't prepared to report on documents obtained illegally then many crooks would walk free.

You could certainly argue in a case like this that the public doesn't have any right to know, but TBH, if I was running a news organisation I would have run with it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

And FWIW, if news organisations weren't prepared to report on documents obtained illegally then many crooks would walk free.
Well Channel 7 could have kept their chequebook in their pocket and still promoted a big story. Instead the story could have ran "Channel 7 was this afternoon offered, for an undisclosed sum, confidential medical documents, possibly detailing drug use, on several bigname AFL players. Channel 7 chose not to pay for the documents and handed the matter over to Police.

Still a big big story, but they come out of it smelling like roses rather than what you feed roses with :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Gee, I remember about 18 months ago, confidential documents belonging to an AFL club were found spilling out of a skip bin by several people from this site at a social game. Club involved didn't seem too concerned about privacy of their players then. I guess drug taking is something you'd like to keep in house though isn't it. :roll:

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

snoopygirl wrote:Gee, I remember about 18 months ago, confidential documents belonging to an AFL club were found spilling out of a skip bin by several people from this site at a social game. Club involved didn't seem too concerned about privacy of their players then.
Careful don't name the Club..................!

Shame we didn't find the 1971 Premiership Cup in the skip that day. After all, it was stolen from us!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

what sort of confidential documents were those in the skip and why were you looking in the skip in the first place?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

On the 8 o'clock news, Police have confirmed they ahve charged a 36 year old male and a 31 year old female over the theft of confidential medical documents.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:On the 8 o'clock news, Police have confirmed they ahve charged a 36 year old male and a 31 year old female over the theft of confidential medical documents.
Would that mean channel 7 are in trouble and why if they have got the footy rights for 5 years so keen to unpset the AFL. Doesnt make sense to me.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ratings ratings ratings thats all they know it's the dollars not the relationship that gets the afl games. Otherwise they would have never got them in the first place.