anyone sitting near the players at the game ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

anyone sitting near the players at the game ?

i just got off the phone with a bloke i work with who is went to last nights game (WCE fan) he reckons that he was seated near the saints players were and that Gardi was making a bit of an ass of himself cheering the eagles home , aparently a few ppl were not to pleased by this ... any one hear about or see this happen or is this toss pot just having a lend of me ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintm
Club Player

Gardi was shown on tv sitting with Max, Michael Rix and one other who I didn't know. That's as close as I got to it, unfortunately.

nabby7
Club Player

id be very dissapointed if that was true

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: anyone sitting near the players at the game ?

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i just got off the phone with a bloke i work with who is went to last nights game (WCE fan) he reckons that he was seated near the saints players were and that Gardi was making a bit of an ass of himself cheering the eagles home , aparently a few ppl were not to pleased by this ... any one hear about or see this happen or is this toss pot just having a lend of me ?

As if thats true.

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

i was sitting in the pckt near (2nd level) the WC cheersquad and thommo was sitting a few rows across.

saw him chattin to a few fans at halftime...

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

considering someone like maxxy was with him i cannot believe that

gardi has made mistakes but noone is really stupid and immature enough to do so

if he wanted the eagles to win then why would he uproot his life across the country and play or at least try and play for a completely foreign club??

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
milney044
Club Player

i highly doubt that. i sit a few rows in front of the boys and heard nothing for the eagles from my area. as if anyway, the boys dont show emotion at the footy and certainly wouldnt for the opp. team, no matter how close they are. i'd say your mate is havin you on.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i just got off the phone with a bloke i work with who is went to last nights game (WCE fan) he reckons that he was seated near the saints players were and that Gardi was making a bit of an ass of himself cheering the eagles home , aparently a few ppl were not to pleased by this ... any one hear about or see this happen or is this toss pot just having a lend of me ?

In fact...Why would you even bother to post this rubbish. Its obviously not true.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dont shoot me down im just asking the question from what my co worker said it sounds like it was a bit of a joke at first but then it started to get on ppls nerves but gardi didnt stop i dunno how much truth there is in it thats why im askng if anyone heard or saw anything

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dal'sGal26
Club Player

We sit near them and didn't notice a thing.

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Sat about 20m from BJ. Seemed to be in good spirits and moving quite freely.. Said he should be able to complete a reasonable amount of pre-season work, with the aim to be fully firing by about Round 6-8

The Saints are coming!
Brian Collis
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:dont shoot me down im just asking the question from what my co worker said it sounds like it was a bit of a joke at first but then it started to get on ppls nerves but gardi didnt stop i dunno how much truth there is in it thats why im askng if anyone heard or saw anything
Geez do you believe all the bull s*** that your West Coast mates tell you?

apple_corr39
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:Sat about 20m from BJ. Seemed to be in good spirits and moving quite freely.. Said he should be able to complete a reasonable amount of pre-season work, with the aim to be fully firing by about Round 6-8
same...... i was sitting near BJ as well, who i think was with a friend.

didn't notice him :oops: :oops: until i was walking back to my seat with my sister at 3/4 time n he was walking in front of us...... could see the frustration in the last quarter, and he left (i think to go down to the rooms) a couple of minutes before the end of the match.

just out of curiosity, where was gardy & co sitting??

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

apple_corr39 wrote: just out of curiosity, where was gardy & co sitting??
team members not playing generaly sit back of social club seating area- aisles 19-21 somewhere.
(ps Unless aaron gets them into the medallion seats :wink: )

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
casey scorp
Club Player

apple_corr39 wrote: ..... could see the frustration in the last quarter, and he left (i think to go down to the rooms) a couple of minutes before the end of the match.
He can't have stayed away too long. Although all the other players had gone, he was still sitting in the players area (with a mate) and on the phone about 5-10 minutes after the match, with a great grin on his face and having a good old chuckle.

We commented at the time how bad it was/looked.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The technical term for this is: Your mate is taking the p*** out of you.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
apple_corr39 wrote: ..... could see the frustration in the last quarter, and he left (i think to go down to the rooms) a couple of minutes before the end of the match.
He can't have stayed away too long. Although all the other players had gone, he was still sitting in the players area (with a mate) and on the phone about 5-10 minutes after the match, with a great grin on his face and having a good old chuckle.

That is the difference between players and supporters. We support the club they play for the club but never learn to love the club unless they were Saints supporters before they were drafted.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think that there is a big difference between "cheering the eagles home" and laughing during a phone call post game...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like a lie.

If not, I want him to pay us back what we laid out on him to sit on his useless arse all year. :x

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

casey scorp wrote:

With all due respect..... if you're not on the other end of the call, how would you know what's he's laughing at?

Isn't the man allowed to have a laugh?

I've seen players walk off the field from a losing team having a good old laugh with their opposition at the end of the game....

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Who cares!

casey scorp
Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
casey scorp wrote:Although all the other players had gone, he was still sitting in the players area (with a mate) and on the phone about 5-10 minutes after the match, with a great grin on his face and having a good old chuckle.

With all due respect..... if you're not on the other end of the call, how would you know what's he's laughing at?
Fair point - perhaps his mate on the other end of the phone thought he needed cheering up and told him a joke. I concede.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
casey scorp wrote:Although all the other players had gone, he was still sitting in the players area (with a mate) and on the phone about 5-10 minutes after the match, with a great grin on his face and having a good old chuckle.

Fair point - perhaps his mate on the other end of the phone thought he needed cheering up and told him a joke. I concede.
you are talking about bj aren't you...not gardiner..... :?:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
casey scorp
Club Player

Thought it was Gardiner, others thought it was Gardiner.

Saintly_31
Club Player

BJ was sitting in the aisle infront of me. He didnt say much except u could tell he wasn't to happy with the umpires & some of kicks in the 3rd & 4th quarter. I got his autograph 4 the girl who sits behind me.

Maguire's Squire #25

myspace: www.myspace.com/kirll