Official match thread v Wet Toast....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints_45
Club Player

not really we can still sneak in. the season is never over until its officially over.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

a drug addict out playing

an innocent bloke sitting in the stands

dont make much sense does it :?

Darren
Club Player

Kosi goal?

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

mullet wrote:a drug addict out playing

an innocent bloke sitting in the stands

dont make much sense does it :?
Yeah, sums at the AFL pretty well.

Ahh well.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

23 seconds.

Need a miracle of the highest order to win.

The highest order.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

2 points down
21 secs to go

#1 Ryder fan
Darren
Club Player

Siren

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Nope.

Gone.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

the 50 metre penalty means alot now doesnt it. and umpires dont effect the result :roll:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

disappointed but excited about next year....

What we saw in the first quater is what we will see next year with a better fitness base that is suited to that game. I think the evidence is in the last couple of weeks where we can't sustain that play for four quaters. Next year...

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

game over

#1 Ryder fan
Milne
Club Player

:( damn

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

ausfatcat wrote:disappointed but excited about next year....

What we saw in the first quater is what we will see next year with a better fitness base that is suited to that game. I think the evidence is in the last couple of weeks where we can't sustain that play for four quaters. Next year...
Season not over just yet. I mean based on this it's fairly accurate to say we aint gonna win it even if we did make finals. Though still hang onto the hope i reckon.

Carpe Diem
mullet
Saintsational Legend

interesting that this week there were a total of 30 free kicks paid, last week there was double that 60 frees and yet this game was just as tough.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

not saying the seasons over just excited about our chances next year. If we can sustain that first quater effort OMG.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

I wouldnt get too excited. The AFL arent going to let us win a granny in the near future. Not sure whose turn next year, probably freo, we will know when the draw comes out anyway

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:I wouldnt get too excited. The AFL arent going to let us win a granny in the near future. Not sure whose turn next year, probably freo, we will know when the draw comes out anyway
I know and it's obvious the umpires hate us with a passion. How do we change this? I am sure winging wont....... What can we do.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
mullet wrote:I wouldnt get too excited. The AFL arent going to let us win a granny in the near future. Not sure whose turn next year, probably freo, we will know when the draw comes out anyway
I know and it's obvious the umpires hate us with a passion. How do we change this? I am sure winging wont....... What can we do.
People are going to start slowly dropping off. i for one am sick of the AFL mafia. Dont go anymore cause I got sick of watching games being swung by umpires decisions. In a competition where the authority decides who plays who and how many times, the result is always going to be predetermined, no matter how much our players bust their guts, and our supporters vent their spleens. Too much has happened to our club that is so rediculously corrupt that it is not funny any more. Go watch the local footy where everyone plays each other the same amount of times, and hard work is rewarded. I feel for our players. My dad played for the saints and he is so disillusioned about the way football is now. He used to play for a silver sugar bowl each year. He hates the afl and what it has done to football and now i share his hate

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
People are going to start slowly dropping off. i for one am sick of the AFL mafia. Dont go anymore cause I got sick of watching games being swung by umpires decisions. In a competition where the authority decides who plays who and how many times, the result is always going to be predetermined, no matter how much our players bust their guts, and our supporters vent their spleens. Too much has happened to our club that is so rediculously corrupt that it is not funny any more. Go watch the local footy where everyone plays each other the same amount of times, and hard work is rewarded. I feel for our players. My dad played for the saints and he is so disillusioned about the way football is now. He used to play for a silver sugar bowl each year. He hates the afl and what it has done to football and now i share his hate
ffs get over blaming the umpires and the AFL. They're not responsible for letting a five goal lead melt away. If we can't beat the Eagles on our own turf after establishing a 5 goal lead then there's no-one to blame but the Saints. Not good enough on the night. Eagles want it more. Hard to swallow, sh*ts me to tears but just not enough will.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

we were actually talking about the direction that the game is going

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:we were actually talking about the direction that the game is going

Yep Mullet, I'm with you in your disillusionment about the AFL. I go the local footy too. Take my deck chair and watch Nth. Fremantle play Wembley or similar when I get the chance to go.
I completely agree about the loss of character and integrity in the game but I don't agree with you that it's anything to do with the umpires, that's all.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

the thing is people aren't dropping off this year will be a record attendance year for the AFL.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
mullet wrote:we were actually talking about the direction that the game is going

Yep Mullet, I'm with you in your disillusionment about the AFL. I go the local footy too. Take my deck chair and watch Nth. Fremantle play Wembley or similar when I get the chance to go.
I completely agree about the loss of character and integrity in the game but I don't agree with you that it's anything to do with the umpires, that's all.
sounds like a great way to spend a saturday arvo :D

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

yep, it's bloody good. Right on the boundary next to the action, reasonable quality amateur footy with a smattering of ex WAFL or WAFL nearlies, a bar and a canteen and if it's wet I can park the car and watch the game whilst listening to the AFL on the radio. Yarn to a few others with the same idea.
I love it.