Rod it's time to go.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

Rod it's time to go.

"we will go away and have a little think about"

Is this guy for real?

Who does he think he's talking to - 8 year olds?

Stop patronising your membership and grow some farking balls.

FFS, our players must cringe at the thought of having this fool representing their interests.

Embarressed by his comments last night, embarrassed by them today.

Archie's "our advice is we would lose but we're still thinking about it" comment is almost as bad. Why on earth would you say "our advice is we'd lose" when you're still thinking about it.

Ken Sheldon's "should of" comment last night - further embarrassment.

God help us . :roll:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

JD, your agenda is clear. It's one I agree with. I have said since January 2005 that cracks are starting to appear with RB's presidency and it's been going downhill from there.

It's time for a new broom. The corporate speak going forward is over.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Buckets
SS Life Member

Totally agree. When i saw the footage on TFS last night i just cringed. For once it was time to make a statement about being screwed over by the coporate side of the game and instead makes out that he is talking to primary school children. Treat us and the club you represent with a bit of respect and saw some nerve not cowardice. :x :x :x

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I must say (and I love Kenny) but his demeanour outside the first tribunal was appalling. His naturally smiling face was out of place. At least he had serious-ed up by Thursday.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Mr X from the West
Club Player

Disagree completely.

What he did and said was entirely correct...people always make rash statements or do stupid things in the height of the moment. Better to wait until the following morning when the passion has dissipated, and then re-evaluate the situation.

RB would have been coached on that and his actions were entirely appropriate.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

A bloke who has been President for 7 years needs to be 'coached' on how to present to the media?
A bloke who presided over press conferences to sack Malcolm Blight and Grant Thomas can't stand the grilling after a tribunal case without being 'coached'?

You've just proved a point without meaning to.

We need an Eddie McGuire in charge of us now. Love him or hate him, he gets things done.

saintlee
Club Player

Mr X from the West wrote:Disagree completely.

What he did and said was entirely correct...people always make rash statements or do stupid things in the height of the moment. Better to wait until the following morning when the passion has dissipated, and then re-evaluate the situation.

I'm with you Mr X, RB's comments were fine, there was no need to make rash statements of any kind when he was interviewed....was a good decision to let the dust settle and then announce a course of action at a later time....some people clearly dislike RB no matter what he does, I personally think he has done a great job for St Kilda

Buckets
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:A bloke who has been President for 7 years needs to be 'coached' on how to present to the media?
A bloke who presided over press conferences to sack Malcolm Blight and Grant Thomas can't stand the grilling after a tribunal case without being 'coached'?

You've just proved a point without meaning to.

We need an Eddie McGuire in charge of us now. Love him or hate him, he gets things done.
That's probably my biggest issue with RB, he doesn't seem to have that powerful pressence that we at times need when we go up against the AFL. BALLS and big brass ones is what is needed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
Mr X from the West wrote:Disagree completely.

I'm with you Mr X, RB's comments were fine, there was no need to make rash statements of any kind when he was interviewed....was a good decision to let the dust settle and then announce a course of action at a later time....some people clearly dislike RB no matter what he does, I personally think he has done a great job for St Kilda
Not a big fan of RB but he was right this time.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lost my support and the club has lost a reseve seat SC member over their lily livered pissweak effort.

Butters and the board can just F*** off AFAIAC.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kaos theory
Club Player

Is this guy for real?

FFS, our players must cringe at the thought of having this fool representing their interests.

Archie's "our advice is we would lose but we're still thinking about it" comment is almost as bad. Why on earth would you say "our advice is we'd lose" when you're still thinking about it.

God help us .
This has to be the most stupid post you have ever made. If RB & the board need replacing it will not be for their decision on the baker case.

What childish & stupid thing to say. So is the club supposed to jump up and down scream and carry on like idoits and rush off to the high court, spend millions, lose focus on the things that matter, ie winning games running the club, just so we can say, "we stood up to the afl"??? How rediculous!

You have for a long time looked for ways of getting rid of RB & the board, but using this as a reason is stupid.

Sainterman
Club Player

kaos theory wrote:

Is this guy for real?

God help us .
This has to be the most stupid post you have ever made. If RB & the board need replacing it will not be for their decision on the baker case.

What childish & stupid thing to say. So is the club supposed to jump up and down scream and carry on like idoits and rush off to the high court, spend millions, lose focus on the things that matter, ie winning games running the club, just so we can say, "we stood up to the afl"??? How rediculous!

You have for a long time looked for ways of getting rid of RB & the board, but using this as a reason is stupid.
There are plenty of reasons why people would be thinking this way...and this is simply another.

Got a feeling it will happen either way, whether this issue came up or not.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

kaos theory wrote:

Is this guy for real?

God help us .

Not really
Rb has played the nice guy on some very bad things that has happened to us in the last few years, ie sirengate, whisphers in the sky etc, no action now will see him gone

Nice guys finish last

Before Im 85
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:
kaos theory wrote:

Is this guy for real?

God help us .

Not really
Rb has played the nice guy on some very bad things that has happened to us in the last few years, ie sirengate, whisphers in the sky etc, no action now will see him gone

Nice guys finish last
He will not be gone unless he chooses to go.

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintsrus wrote:
kaos theory wrote:

Is this guy for real?

God help us .

Not really

Nice guys finish last
Reckon there might be a few other things happening for RB and he may do exactly that - choose to go!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

This so called new ticket will have the best amunition quoting what Rb didnt do, and everyone will vote em in

Before Im 85
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintsrus wrote:
kaos theory wrote:

Is this guy for real?

God help us .

Not really

Nice guys finish last
Reckon there might be a few other things happening for RB and he may do exactly that - choose to go!
tell us more.

Buckets
SS Life Member

kaos theory wrote:

Is this guy for real?

God help us .

Unfortunately i have to disagree its not that stupid there have been a few instances where RB has not come out on top of the situation and last night again highlighted a percieved weakness. Secondly if the email in one of the other threads was really sent by Archie then i would have been ashamed looking at the unprofessional way in which it was written.

JeffDunne

I amazes me that people can still defend this incompetence.

Our biggest problem over the past few seasons has been the management of injuries. Our response? Sack the coach and let the entire off-field conditioning staff walk.

In 2004 when we were investigated for collusion . . . Rod's response? "We have every faith in the AFL administration and their processes"

Campbell Brown fined for lying - where was the investigation for collusion?

"We have every faith in the AFL administration and their processes" :roll:

I could cite a dozen examples of where Rod's response is "We have every faith in the AFL administration and their processes"

FFS, Eddie was at least prepared to call a spade a spade this week and label them incompetent for still not having cameras cover the entire playing field and he wasn't even involved!

Our response :

"We have every faith in the AFL administration and their processes"

Fair dinkum indeed. :roll:

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintsrus wrote:
kaos theory wrote:

Is this guy for real?

God help us .

Not really

Nice guys finish last
tell us more.
Just think there might be a few personal issues that might take his attention away from the Saints. Time will tell Plugger...not going into detail but hoping when the transition comes, it will be a smooth one.

kaos theory
Club Player

Not really

Nice guys finish last
rus,

Now you are into conspiracy theories.... Tell me exactly what practical and beneficial things could the club have done about the 'whispers in the sky' or 'sirengae'....????

I will tell you...NOTHING. BUT we would have blown our profit on pointless legal fees....would that make you happy? That to me would have been grounds to sack the board.

GrumpyOne

saintsrus wrote:This so called new ticket will have the best amunition quoting what Rb didnt do, and everyone will vote em in
On that premise John Howard will get voted in again, as there is basically nothing he hasn't done in his quest to be re-elected. :roll:

JeffDunne

kaos theory wrote:I will tell you...NOTHING. BUT we would have blown our profit on pointless legal fees....would that make you happy? That to me would have been grounds to sack the board.
How much money do Collingwood spend on legal fees?

You don't have to run to the courts to get your point accross, just stand up for you bloody club once in a while.

Rather than do that, "we will go away and have a little think about it" :roll:

GrumpyOne

JeffDunne wrote:
kaos theory wrote:I will tell you...NOTHING. BUT we would have blown our profit on pointless legal fees....would that make you happy? That to me would have been grounds to sack the board.
How much money do Collingwood spend on legal fees?

You don't have to run to the courts to get your point accross, just stand up for you bloody club once in a while.

Rather than do that, "we will go away and have a little think about it" :roll:
I am sure that if Rod had the backing of his own high rating football show behind him, we would be hearing a lot more.

Unfair comparison IMO.

luckysaint
Club Player

saintlee wrote: I'm with you Mr X, RB's comments were fine, there was no need to make rash statements of any kind when he was interviewed....was a good decision to let the dust settle and then announce a course of action at a later time....some people clearly dislike RB no matter what he does, I personally think he has done a great job for St Kilda
He had two days to work out plans of action for each scenario that might result from the tribunal. I thought his response was weak and was indecisive (one of the worst things you can be imo). Generally I thought the response of the whole St Kilda hierarchy was poor and that they were trying to treat the members like common mugs. They knew they were never going to appeal but they wanted to make it look like they didn't like the decision. I would have had more respect for the board if they had said something like this:
"We are disappointed and angry with the decision but ultimately with the fiscal circumstances and the competitiveness of the competition, it just isn't viable to pursue this in court. We, like most Victorian clubs are finding it hard enough to survive without getting further involved in situations like this, created by an inadequate system."
Would have thrown it back in the AFL's face.