Chad Fletcher wants out.. FACT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:i thought we were against topping up?!!??!?!?
fonz_#15 wrote:
Teflon wrote:how old?
worth a punt?
we may need barks' approval to punt on a recycled player though :roll:
lol

even then 2 to 3 seasons, and he isn't in the best 22 at WCE, and he has a 'troubled' medical history...

its not like we are planning for the long term :roll:

also most of our trades have been for players under 22, so in the past we've looked at kids with potential to return long term as opposed to 2 to 3 years.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

not under RL Dan.. we have had gardiner and M.Clarke who were a lot older than that :wink:

just thought i would give you some ammo for when barks gives you some bullshyte agenda driven essay.

having said that i support RL not GT so you lose me there Dan :wink:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chad Fletcher wants out.. FACT

Winmarvellous wrote:Not going to reveal my source, but very much wants to go to Brisbane.
ok Caro....... ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:even then 2 to 3 seasons, and he isn't in the best 22 at WCE, and he has a 'troubled' medical history...

also most of our trades have been for players under 22, so in the past we've looked at kids with potential to return long term as opposed to 2 to 3 years.
Aye, because Cain Ackland, Shane Birss, Trent Knobel, Brent Guerra, Aaron Fiora and Mark McGough have been raging success stories for us :P

Stephen Powell gave us more than all combined!

Look, I agree Dan - you don't want to stock up on oldies who are past it...18-24 is the best age, there's no doubt about it.

It's about balance mate. Yes, we should be going after younger midfielders by and large, but if an outstanding opportunity presents itself - I reckon Fletcher is exactly that - then you can't fidget around wondering about the what-ifs.

Footy doesn't reward mediocrity.
Last edited by evertonfc on Sun 19 Aug 2007 11:14pm, edited 2 times in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

rexy
SS Life Member

Winmarvellous wrote:Not going to reveal my source, but very much wants to go to Brisbane. Will put my childs life on it
A lot of people seem keen on the idea of chasing this guy, would be worth chasing IF we were Brisbane?

Maybe this year?
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:not under RL Dan.. we have had gardiner and M.Clarke who were a lot older than that :wink:

just thought i would give you some ammo for when barks gives you some bullshyte agenda driven essay.

having said that i support RL not GT so you lose me there Dan :wink:
i support st kilda no matter who is playing, coaching or admin.

otherwise I wouldn't have bought my membership when damien monkhorst, tony francis and timmid watson were running around in our colours purporting to be representing the saints.

as for GT have a look at the last time I raised GT in a thread or a debate and you'll find it hasn't been for a very long time :D

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Not going to reveal my source, but very much wants to go to Brisbane. Will put my childs life on it
pretty free with your child's precious life...how about you put yours on the line instead......would be in less bad taste...................

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:even then 2 to 3 seasons, and he isn't in the best 22 at WCE, and he has a 'troubled' medical history...

Aye, because Cain Ackland, Shane Birss, Trent Knobel, Brent Guerra, Aaron Fiora and Mark McGough have been raging success stories for us :P

Stephen Powell gave us more than all combined!

Look, I agree Dan - you don't want to stock up on oldies who are past it...18-24 is the best age, there's no doubt about it.

It's about balance mate. Yes, we should be going after younger midfielders by and large, but if an outstanding opportunity presents itself - I reckon Fletcher is exactly that - then you can't fidget around wondering about the what-ifs.

Footy doesn't reward mediocrity.
ackland was ok for us for a season and a half, we needed a ruckman and he was the best available under 22/23,

birss 23, i think he's ordinary but he has had one outstanding game for us v adelaide, long term future? i dunno, was ordinary yesterday,

trent knobel was good for us for a season and a half, wanted a 3 year contract and more money we said no, he got a big offer from richmond and walked, he was solid for us when we needed a ruckman,

fiora has been good for us in 06 and 07, playing with more confidence will be a good player if he gets his head right he was thrust on us via the black walk out,

mcgough, well that was one that baffled me, I didn't like him at our club but the arguement was he can get the ball, it was his disposal that was shocking >< however he did come to us young so there was alway the hope we could turn him around. not that much different from birss, harder than birss, about the same speed.

guerra is a good player, big tickets on himself though.

SHUT UP KRIME!
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Fletcher is too slow and got very average disposal that's y he can't get a game... FACT

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

you sure about that? seems to me like he has pretty good foot skills and i have seen quite a bit of him.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:you sure about that? seems to me like he has pretty good foot skills and i have seen quite a bit of him.
WCE were exposed in the absence of kerr, cousins and judd.

they have 4 outstanding midfielders and a gun ruckman, and the rest are brought into the game by the others.

when hayes, ball, dal santo, harvey, hayes, monty etc are on top, its amazing how good fiora, x, l. fisher, etc look.

not saying ball/dal/harvey/hayes/monty collectively are the same, better or worse than judd/embley/kerr/cousins but its the same logic.

next week we may be looking at ball/harvey/hayes out injured, as opposed to a couple of the WCE being out injured/rested and Judd's OP.

they are a strong side playing full of confidence, but we nobbled them before.

as for geelong, they have maybe 1 or 2 players different from last year but they are playing with supreme confidence.

its amazing what that can do.

richmond, who folks have said here have the crappiest list by far, ran the weagles for 3 quarters.

the weagles are very good, they have to travel, play on our surface, no practice on TD and may be missing 1 or 2 guns and have a superstar playing on injections.

as lethal said, if it bleeds it can be killed.

fletcher is a good player brought into play when the guns are on song.

SHUT UP KRIME!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

whilst i agree with your theory dan, why did you quote my post where i said fletcher has good foot skills?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

doesn't have very good life skills...has trouble breathing and taking drugs at the same time.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Brian Collis
Club Player

Seeing that nobody here really knows who you are, what stops you from revealing your source?

Do you really think you will be exposed or do you love playing petty little games with like minded weak people?

Don't understand this rubbish of not revealing sources, as if you were oh so important. Next time just say you have it on good authority and leave the chilli sauce to someone else

Carl Mynott
Club Player

If he's worth a late second round pick then why dont we swap in kind......

Give the Eagles Howard,throw in Raymond as a bonus.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The more things change the more they stay the same
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Carl Mynott wrote:If he's worth a late second round pick then why dont we swap in kind......

Give the Eagles Howard,throw in Raymond as a bonus.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
clint jones back to WA?...

SHUT UP KRIME!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:doesn't have very good life skills...has trouble breathing and taking drugs at the same time.......

They might lock you up for that comment stinger.......

....Id me worried if i were you.... :D :D :D

Lynch Beast
Club Player

has been struggling badly with injuries this year but has played some very handy football

I see know reason why he would want to move, is contracted to the end of 2009 on around the 400k mark so I hardly think that money is an issue

also has a modelling contract with Live clothing over here

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i lol'd at stinger comment :lol:

SHUT UP KRIME!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Not quick enough, which is what we clearly need

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Yeah let's get him and make it a priority!

We were the dumping ground of cast off Carlton hasbeens in the '80s so along with Gardiner we can grab unwanted past it former Eagle stars.

I have an idea :idea:

Let's not trade draft picks for out of use by date players and draft the most talented kid we can find an develop him, never know he could be the next Sam Gilbert or Sam Fisher.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

there is a reason WC dont give him a game ahed of rosa and piridis ... because they are better then him hes tooo slow got a dodgy lifstyle and is almost 30 i dont think so no thanks maybe 3 years ago i would of seaid yes go for him now it would be a bit like drafting woewodin last year was once good but not really worth the risk

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
matrix
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:there is a reason WC dont give him a game ahed of rosa and piridis ...
yeah.....he prob failed a drug test. :twisted:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations

This is the best joke thread we've had on here since Riewoldting's mighty effort the other day.

Whoever's behind it, I want to know how you managed to impersonate the posters who regularly whine on and on about appalling list management under GT and make it look as if they have posted in favour of trading for Fletcher for 2008!!!!!!

What a terrific practical joke, but I think the mods had better investigate it because we don't want to see it happening regularly. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Lynch Beast wrote: also has a modelling contract with Live clothing over here

Now it's interesting.

Wonder if "Chad's Lad" has been taken as a username?

And... I think it would take a huge win/lose deal to get us interested, he's a good player when on song but not a great fit for us.