Team changes this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Out: Attard, Jones, Rix - Games Total of 22 + 3 + 27 = 52 games
In: Birss, Voss, R. Clarke - Games total of 59 + 168 + 27 = 254 games

Says a lot about the selection criteria this week.

Selection of Raph still baffles me.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

two good players and a fair one replacing three duds....has to be an improvement on last weeks team.........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Blake in the ruck, farting at thunder again!!!

Where are you B4E when we need you???

gotta laugh....talk about the sins of our forefathers.....what...it has taken lyon 19 weeks to work out that rix ain't worth a pinch of dog poo as a footballer and that he is better off going with blake.....i could have told him...so could a former coach now in the media......

....brilliant success has been our ross and his recruiting policy regards ruckmen.......not......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:The Sainters don't need more honest, hardworking, defensive players like Ferguson in the top 22 right now. We have them in abundance.
Don't know if you've ever watched Ferguson at Casey, but he's hardly an honest defensive player.

More like an attacking, gut-running half-back flanker who breaks the lines and can take some great grabs in defense.

Runs off his opponent regularly ... not defensive at all, although he is very good down back.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Richter
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:two good players and a fair one replacing three duds....has to be an improvement on last weeks team.........
Harsh, Stinger...

Have you gone off Attard? :wink:

He's done a pretty good shut-down job this year. Not quite broken free to become a more attacking player as he threatened after his excellent game in the West. Nevertheless a good first season with us and can only improve.

Jones - well, I was one who thought after his first game that he could offer us something. After seeing his headless chicken efforts the last couple of outings though I'm not so sure.

Rixy? A dud? An honest trier, good clubman, puts his body on the line..... unfortunately though, next to zero-talent..... ok, so yes, he is a dud..... oh well. Not like we have had many other ruck options......

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Selection of Raph still baffles me.
me too. wouldn't have thought he is RL's type of player. bit of flair but takes too many chances and too many mistakes, not accountable enough etc.

he must have been blitzing for casey

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i wonder if ferguson may be a late inclusion for Gilbert

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

wont happen skeptic even if gilbert pulls out.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

if our A grade players bring their A game, these selections will have no bearing on the game.
Obviously this is just a rough guide but interesting to see Birss named in the forward pocket and the 2 clarke boys at half forward.

I hope Raph plays the full game forward, we have been breaking down all year across half forward with only the 1 target (Roo).

Having Raph and Voss as extra marking targets could be just what the doctor ordered.
*fingers crossed anyway*

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:I hope Raph plays the full game forward, we have been breaking down all year across half forward with only the 1 target (Roo). Having Raph and Voss as extra marking targets could be just what the doctor ordered.
couldn't have said it better myself. imo this has been our major weakness since hammer went down in 2004. riewoldt, superstar though he is, cannot do it all himself.

the "kick it to roo" gameplan does not work

let's hope this glaring weakness in our make-up is finally being addressed once and for all

spiral2
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote:I hope Raph plays the full game forward, we have been breaking down all year across half forward with only the 1 target (Roo). Having Raph and Voss as extra marking targets could be just what the doctor ordered.
couldn't have said it better myself. imo this has been our major weakness since hammer went down in 2004. riewoldt, superstar though he is, cannot do it all himself.

the "kick it to roo" gameplan does not work

let's hope this glaring weakness in our make-up is finally being addressed once and for all
is Raph a lead up forward though? how good are his hands on the move?
picture him more as a deeper fwd line player, odd grab, odd crumb
reckon he is better suited down back

where has he been playing for casey?

interesting to see how he goes, hoping he and X put in good games today

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Kosi is out ....replaced by M.Clarke ........Bugger Bugger Bugger .....