GT's latest comments.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

Go on fonz, tell me what he's said that causes you and others so much angst?

Be specific because seriously I can't think of any.

Calling Caro a liar? Well aint that the truth?

Pavlich selfish? Did that really warrant the discussion it got?

Admitting the process to appoint him was a farce? Was anyone suprised?

Have I missed anything controversial?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:
Pavlich selfish? Did that really warrant the discussion it got?
he had no gounds to make the statement, he wasn't in a position to make the comment. just a dumb comment.

JeffDunne wrote:Admitting the process to appoint him was a farce? Was anyone suprised?
what was gained by another stupid comment? just seems like a cheap shot at the club imo.

the guy is a dead set tool who should keep his mouth shut.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
JeffDunne

The Pavlich comment was his opinion. Whether that opinion is correct is up for debate but it was simply an observation from someone who admitted not knowing him. I'm surprised it was even discussed 5 minutes after he raised it.

As for his comments on the 'process' - I thought it was common knowledge that we only interviewed one other and many that wanted to apply were told not to bother. Hardly news I would have thought but I can understand why some people would be upset with the comments.

From your reply I take it there's nothing else you can up with?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

how bout the comments on g train and milne being left at home on road trips how was that good for the club ??
or how bout goose only able to run in straight lines ?
maybe the dig at ackland (even thoug hes at carlton im sure h loved the Thomas comment)
then you got his interveiw process even if it was common knowllege 9 when it really was only speculation) why did he feel the need to confirm it ?? it was a direct swipe at the club
for a bloke who "bleeds " for the club he certainly likes to diss us alot doesnt he ??
seriously GT its getting old move on most of us st kilda ppl have maybe you should too
i wonder what GT is going to be able to write aboout next year ? when he will have no idea what go's on at the club maybe he will hash out some more "secrets while i was coach " storys ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
yipper
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:The Pavlich comment was his opinion. Whether that opinion is correct is up for debate but it was simply an observation from someone who admitted not knowing him. I'm surprised it was even discussed 5 minutes after he raised it.

Calling one of the biggest names in the game and a genuine superstar selfish wasn't worthy of being talked about?? Would have thought that was obviously controversial and quite a silly thing to do!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: GT's latest comments.

Mr Magic wrote:Another casse of GT forgetting to think before he opens his mouth on radio or something more sinister?
you think?

Personally I think most of his comments re the Saints are quite calculated.

As RB said, " you had your go Thommo, now move on".

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Another casse of GT forgetting to think before he opens his mouth on radio or something more sinister?
you think?

Well I don't know conclusively JB, so I have to ask it as a question.
My opinion is that he tends to think quite carefully what he is about to say and therefore his comments would be viewed quite differently than if it were an inadvertant 'slip of the tongue'.

JeffDunne

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: most of us st kilda ppl have maybe you should too
LOL, you have? :lol:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
you think?

Well I don't know conclusively JB, so I have to ask it as a question.
My opinion is that he tends to think quite carefully what he is about to say and therefore his comments would be viewed quite differently than if it were an inadvertant 'slip of the tongue'.
GT is an interesting character MM, stupid is one thing he can not be labelled.

Is he really silly enough to make these comments without thinking?

I doubt it, but it is only my opinion.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JB, on this matter my opinion would seem to mirror yours. But they are only our opinions and certainly not facts.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: most of us st kilda ppl have maybe you should too
LOL, you have? :lol:
i gave you what you asked for in my post and thats all you can quote to responce ??
i have moved on i was very upset GT got given the arse but i have moved on and accept that the GT era has ended anr the RL era has begun
the thing that peeves me off is the man who used to be "mr St kilda" GT is not taking a dump on the club due to his bitterness of being sacked

we want to be upthere with the likes of the collingwoods the west coast the adl s of the afl neither of those clubs air their dirty laundry and when ppl are moed on they dont make waves .
i would love nothing more for gt to say ok thats that im done with footy and just go on with his life and not make headlines again (but that wont happen )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
JeffDunne

Sorry trav, I get a little tired of being told to move on when I'm not the one creating threads or stories about GT . . .

Anyhow, you can't be serious about this not happening at other clubs. Ever heard Tony Shaw talk about Collingwood? Walls at any of the clubs he coached? Ever heard them pot a player they coached?

I think it's pretty obvious GT has no ambitions to coach again. The haters should be happy. He's trying to carve out a niche in the football media landscape and so far he's doing a pretty good job.

The only link GT has with St Kilda these days is his relationship with the president. If that sisn't exist nobody would care what GT does. IMO it's one of the main reasons I think it's time for Rod to go because he seems to encourage rather than discourage articles about it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:The only link GT has with St Kilda these days is his relationship with the president. If that sisn't exist nobody would care what GT does.
Doesn't No.10 go out with one of his daughters?

I would call a link.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

Not a link anyone in the press would care about.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Sorry trav,
IMO it's one of the main reasons I think it's time for Rod to go because he seems to encourage rather than discourage articles about it.
JD, You keep posting this but surely it is only your opinion. I don't think I've ever seen proof that RB has 'leaked' any of these stories.

You suspect it and deep down you probably hope he did because it would confirm your already low opinion of him.

You have continually posted that those bagging GT for 'various crimes' put up proof but you seem to be doing exactly the same as you accuse others of with RB.

JeffDunne

His outbust on SEN not enough for you?

C'mon MM, be real for a second here. Rod's the one that's made 90% of the public comments on this. I'm talking from his own mouth too.

Christ knows who leaks what to who. I was talking about comments from the two individuals.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:His outbust on SEN not enough for you?

C'mon MM, be real for a second here. Rod's the one that's made 90% of the public comments on this. I'm talking from his own mouth too.

Christ knows who leaks what to who. I was talking about comments from the two individuals.
I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about who was leaking the sories to the Media. I could have sworn you said that it couldn't have been GT becuase he gained nothing from it?

The fact that RB did make that public outcry on SEN makes me believe that he doesn't operate this way (leaking) but is more direct in his broadsides rather than subtly leaking t.

JeffDunne

I disagree MM. I think Rod's got Caro's number on speed dial.

Of course I can't prove that but years of her reporting on the subject lead me to that suspicion.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I disagree MM. I think Rod's got Caro's number on speed dial.

Of course I can't prove that but years of her reporting on the subject lead me to that suspicion.
As usual on this topic, you and I have opposite views :)
I cannot convince you that RB is not the devil incarnate and you cannot convince me that he is.

In all likeliehood the truth lies somewhere in between.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I have it on very good authority that her link at StKFC was Brian Waldron. I don't know where she gets her info now but I would not be surprised if RB lets out the snippets he wants reported.

I also believe Caro in her comments re GT potting StKFC privately and not publicly, it rings of the opinion I have of him and his integrity or lack thereof.

JeffDunne

MM, I agree with your last comment, on both men.

JB, I don't doubt either GT potting the administration when the mic's are off either. I'm sure plenty goes on both ways. It usually happens when a coach is sacked. I'm sure Blight was potting the admin too. His mates certainly were.

I don't get what the big deal is TBH. Unless his comments are more sinister than personal I couldn't care less & would expect it. If he is being more sinister I haven't seen any evidence of it.

To the top
SS Life Member

JeffDunne, you got close then were distracted from the issue at hand.

And where would such information as Thomas has apparantly mentioned come from?

Well, if you move in certain circles you sometimes see and hear things.

Like a work mate of mine has beetroot and tomato sauce in his lunch sandwich, which his mother makes for him.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:

I have it on very good authority that her link at StKFC was Brian Waldron. I don't know where she gets her info now but I would not be surprised if RB lets out the snippets he wants reported.

I also believe Caro in her comments re GT potting StKFC privately and not publicly, it rings of the opinion I have of him and his integrity or lack thereof.
GT the private man, as opposed to what most see in the public, appears to be a very different beast.

I have an account of an incident at the club in 2003, but after typing it up, have decided to delete it.

GT has gone, and IMO, RB should follow so we can all move on. Until he does, the ghost of GT will continue to haunt.
Last edited by SENsei on Tue 14 Aug 2007 2:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:JeffDunne, you got close then were distracted from the issue at hand.

And where would such information as Thomas has apparantly mentioned come from?

Well, if you move in certain circles you sometimes see and hear things.

Like a work mate of mine has beetroot and tomato sauce in his lunch sandwich, which his mother makes for him.
I must be having a senior moment - I don't understand this.
Can you please clarify it for me?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Can someone tell me what Thomas has done wrong here?

The statement seemed extremely valid to me - and more about agents than St Kilda.

And, as an aside, why would we be worried about 'heat' being put on our club? We're not doing the wrong thing, are we?

And why would GT bring it up if he was doing dodgy deals?

FFS - I can't believe the lengths people will go to to slander this guy.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.