Philipou’s Manager

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Philipou’s Manager

magnifisaint wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 12:43pm
Moods wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 12:08pm
magnifisaint wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 11:47am Typical of Tom Morris. I think he's losing creditability. Just loves spreading gossip. He should be working for the Woman's Weekly.
How on earth is this in any way Tom Morris’s fault? He’s just doing his job. This isn’t gossip. This is a real tweet from a football manager about football. Not about Pou breaking up with a girlfriend. I find it quite incredible that the person reporting the tweet could cop any criticism. This is a genuine story about our highest draft pick from 2022 after he’s just been dropped. The media sure can cop it, sometimes for just existing
He was the one that commented on Megan Barnard. He's just a mud raking journalist. This sort of story doesn't deserve air time. The narrative is to create something out of nothing. Has it been reported anywhere else?
I’m fully aware of who he is and his history. Completely irrelevant to me in this instance. From a Saints perspective this is very much a story.

Saints58
Club Player

66Iwasthere wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 1:24pm How many times did Marshall grab the ball at the Centre bounce and attempt to kick it? How often were these kicks effective or led to a goal. Not many,if any, if I recall. Is this the nub of the mids
problem? We all know Marshall is not a good tap ruckman but is good around the ground. Also when Hayes and Mitch and to some extent Caminiti relieve in the ruck, they are only there to nullify the opposition ruckman. Do we need a good tap ruckman (at the moment that’s Campbell) tapping the ball to our mids and then let them clear the ball out. I have watched Dow recently and he is quick and very good at weaving his way through the centre and getting the ball out to our runners.

We should play Campbell on the ball with Marshall either in the middle as well or up forward Marshall is mobile enough to play all round the ground and ruck at the through ins it would have a different dynamic. Also Campbell is not bad at taking a mark as well so he could rest forward/or bench although he doesn't kick enough goals, but with more opportunity when not rucking that may change.

takeaway
Club Player

Moods wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 2:12pm
magnifisaint wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 12:43pm
Moods wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 12:08pm
magnifisaint wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 11:47am Typical of Tom Morris. I think he's losing creditability. Just loves spreading gossip. He should be working for the Woman's Weekly.
How on earth is this in any way Tom Morris’s fault? He’s just doing his job. This isn’t gossip. This is a real tweet from a football manager about football. Not about Pou breaking up with a girlfriend. I find it quite incredible that the person reporting the tweet could cop any criticism. This is a genuine story about our highest draft pick from 2022 after he’s just been dropped. The media sure can cop it, sometimes for just existing
He was the one that commented on Megan Barnard. He's just a mud raking journalist. This sort of story doesn't deserve air time. The narrative is to create something out of nothing. Has it been reported anywhere else?
I’m fully aware of who he is and his history. Completely irrelevant to me in this instance. From a Saints perspective this is very much a story.
Story? Just fodder for the tabloid tossers.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Struggling to see how Phillipou has gone backwards under Lyon when he has only ever played under Lyon and is output has been around the same mark.

CLEARLY the fkwit assistant manager is a fkwit

CLEARLY Tom Morris is a 3rd rate barrel scraping journo fkwit

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CLEARLY some Saintsational posters want to defend coach and club no matter how bad things look on field.

Tom Morris isn't the story here. Don't attack the messenger.

It's embarrassing for the person who made the comment. Same with the Draper podcast. You can't erase what has already been said.

I'm only interested in Pou's footy and what he does and what he says. No evidence to suggest he thinks the same way as the manager d**khead

As a Saints supporter, I really don't give a flying f*** what Pou's manager said and I'm sure Ross Lyon doesn't either.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

So, someone that works for a player management company tweeted - on his own account - an observation about a team that he has no idea on the inner workings of?
He isn't Phillipou's agent. Nor does he have anything to do with the St Kilda Football Club...It's also not clear how close to Phillipou he even is.

It takes a special kind of gossip columnist to pick that up as a story and run with it.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 3:36pm So, someone that works for a player management company tweeted - on his own account - an observation about a team that he has no idea on the inner workings of?
He isn't Phillipou's agent. Nor does he have anything to do with the St Kilda Football Club...It's also not clear how close to Phillipou he even is.

It takes a special kind of gossip columnist to pick that up as a story and run with it.
Put that way, it sounds very minor.

However, I suppose that sometimes these guys can be operating as expendable stalking horses putting forward the ideas of other more important and influential people (eg, one or more actual player managers).

There's a story out there now that something is wrong at the Saints ATM: certainly in terms of onfield strategy/tactics, but possibly more than that. The club needs to find a way of neutralising this.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 4:00pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 3:36pm So, someone that works for a player management company tweeted - on his own account - an observation about a team that he has no idea on the inner workings of?

Put that way, it sounds very minor.

However, I suppose that sometimes these guys can be operating as expendable stalking horses putting forward the ideas of other more important and influential people (eg, one or more actual player managers).

There's a story out there now that something is wrong at the Saints ATM: certainly in terms of onfield strategy/tactics, but possibly more than that. The club needs to find a way of neutralising this.
This is the sort of footy story we get when we have more accredited footy journos than actual footy players.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 3:19pm CLEARLY some Saintsational posters want to defend coach and club no matter how bad things look on field.

Tom Morris isn't the story here. Don't attack the messenger.

It's embarrassing for the person who made the comment. Same with the Draper podcast. You can't erase what has already been said.

I'm only interested in Pou's footy and what he does and what he says. No evidence to suggest he thinks the same way as the manager d**khead

As a Saints supporter, I really don't give a flying f*** what Pou's manager said and I'm sure Ross Lyon doesn't either.
Tom Morris ain't a messenger ... he is gutter crawling social media trawling sexist hack quidnunc smartcnt dweeb

This isn't a well investigated well researched footy story nor is it a thought provoking opinion piece ..... its a just clickbait sh1t bringing attention to an assistant nobody who wasn't man enough to stand by his opinion .... delete delete delete

Tom Morris can get fkd ..... he is the pubic lice of journalism

Moods
Saintsational Legend

What a bizarre rant. All Tom Morris did was pick up on a tweet from a player’s manager, and that manager was very critical of his players coach. That is extremely relevant on a whole heap of levels and worth discussing. But because it’s St Kilda, we dismiss it because we don’t like it. If that was Scott Pendlebury‘s manager and Pendlebury had been dropped the week before, do you think everyone would dismiss it? Or just see it as a nobody connected to Pendlebury letting off steam?

There is no proof that Phillipou was in anyway involved with that tweet, But a players manager is the voice of the player whether we want to accept that or not. If that tweet was put out without his permission and he needs to sack his manager straight away.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Hey Moods .... it wasn't even Phillipou's manager ....it was an assistant to his manager (Staphen Kellis) and the idiot couldn't delete his ridiculous tweet quick enough .... yet gossipboy Tom couldn't get on the phone quick enough

I am sure there is probably a journalist in there somewhere but it's hard to respect a clickbait desperado

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 4:58pm Hey Moods .... it wasn't even Phillipou's manager ....it was an assistant to his manager (Staphen Kellis) and the idiot couldn't delete his ridiculous tweet quick enough .... yet gossipboy Tom couldn't get on the phone quick enough

I am sure there is probably a journalist in there somewhere but it's hard to respect a clickbait desperado
It’s his manager. Ned Costello. Spruiking to everyone who cared to listen when he got drafted that he’ll be the best player in the league in a few years.

It’s relevant to me on several levels, ie is this what Pou believes? Has he got the s***s? Have other players got the s***s? There’s a perception by some that Pou may have got ahead of himself. Probably very unfair, yet if there is any substance this snake oil salesman may be part of the problem

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Well several articles have alluded to Stephen Kellis being his manager with Ned Costello supporting Kellis

Also clearly mentioned that it was the heat of the moment tweet from the couch so I doubt Pou gave it the greenlight .... just another rash, ill-considered, moronic opinion which bottom feeding Morris blew up showing what a half baked pin headed journalist he is

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 5:31pm Well several articles have alluded to Stephen Kellis being his manager with Ned Costello supporting Kellis

Also clearly mentioned that it was the heat of the moment tweet from the couch so I doubt Pou gave it the greenlight .... just another rash, ill-considered, moronic opinion which bottom feeding Morris blew up showing what a half baked pin headed journalist he is
Kellis does his contract, Costello his endorsements.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 5:10pm
Devilhead wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 4:58pm Hey Moods .... it wasn't even Phillipou's manager ....it was an assistant to his manager (Staphen Kellis) and the idiot couldn't delete his ridiculous tweet quick enough .... yet gossipboy Tom couldn't get on the phone quick enough

It’s his manager. Ned Costello. Spruiking to everyone who cared to listen when he got drafted that he’ll be the best player in the league in a few years.

It’s relevant to me on several levels, ie is this what Pou believes? Has he got the s***s? Have other players got the s***s? There’s a perception by some that Pou may have got ahead of himself. Probably very unfair, yet if there is any substance this snake oil salesman may be part of the problem
Yep, begs questions, like: is that the sort of indiscrete undiplomatic guy you want as a manager; is he still Pou's manager; what prompted it out of the blue; how does he/the manager behave next time at the Club? Any professional cred left?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

The ruck is the VERY least of our worries

Marshall is elite

Hit Outs are comfortably the most overrated stat in footy - they pretty much mean FA

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

So are clearances that are blind hack bomb it forward kicks to no one

Marshall is elite around the ground as a general play tall .... as a ruck in a ruck contest not so much

If he is going to continue to grab the ball and hack kick it forward then maybe we need to anticipate this better .... Hawks certainly did

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Devilhead wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 7:07pm So are clearances that are blind hack bomb it forward kicks to no one

Marshall is elite around the ground as a general play tall .... as a ruck in a ruck contest not so much

If he is going to continue to grab the ball and hack kick it forward then maybe we need to anticipate this better .... Hawks certainly did
I think a blind kick is always going to be a 50/50. Our players would be anticipating it as much as the opposition players.
And how much can you really anticipate a quick grab and kick for depth or where it's going to end up direction-wise, anyway?
At least it's heading in the right general direction.

You can't "set up for it " or "anticipate it" (where its going to land).

Big Max
Club Player

Usually where there's smoke there's fire ..

King and Owens have both been disappointing this season, and so has Philipou.

Actually the whole squad has been quite disappointing, some may suggest lacking passion and positive energy.

Some supporters, like me, are frustrated with our game style. It's quite defensive, and at times I just wish the players could play on natural instinct and in the traditional manner.

Perhaps some of our players are looking through the same lens as I am.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 7:29pm
Devilhead wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 7:07pm So are clearances that are blind hack bomb it forward kicks to no one

I think a blind kick is always going to be a 50/50. Our players would be anticipating it as much as the opposition players.
And how much can you really anticipate a quick grab and kick for depth or where it's going to end up direction-wise, anyway?
At least it's heading in the right general direction.

You can't "set up for it " or "anticipate it" (where its going to land).
Our players could least try and play in front... countless times on the weekend were led to the ball and/or caught behind when that type of kick came in .... actually when any kind of kick came in

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Has he come out and sacked his manager yet ??

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Our results warrant criticism

This sort of spotlight on players and game plan and coaching is actually a good thing

The coaches need to be accountable. It's as simple as that. Take responsibility and get the morale back. And...I'm not talking about going for walks on the beach or Ross telling jokes

Get to work on the track with drills that create positive energy among the playing group. The footy enjoyment will come back and results will take care of themselves

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 13 May 2024 9:11pm Has he come out and sacked his manager yet ??
Guess he probably needs to.
After all Julian Assange has been in hiding for over a decade for telling the truth.....

The Emperor's got no clothes-Off with your head!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This is just a storm in a tea cup. It's a nothing story that Tom Morris pushed.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Well Afaic if it’s all BS he’d sack him, if there’s a hint of truth he’ll keep him on. We’re watching……,