Team vs Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team vs Hawks

shrodes wrote: Sat 11 May 2024 1:56pm Paton is the sub
Breust for Hawks
Do’h

I don’t get it. What could you hope to get from Paton late in the game other than for him to come on and possibly blanket a staring Hawk mid.

I’d have had him top 22 or nothing

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 11 May 2024 2:02pm I don’t get it. What could you hope to get from Paton late in the game other than for him to come on and possibly blanket a staring Hawk mid.

Spot on.

The only sense I can make of it is that perhaps the club doesn't feel that Paton is quite ready to run out a full game.

Oh well, Breust for the Hawks doesn't make too much sense either. Don't running mids, wingmen or halfbacks make the best subs?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
spert
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 11 May 2024 2:02pm
shrodes wrote: Sat 11 May 2024 1:56pm Paton is the sub
Breust for Hawks
Do’h

I don’t get it. What could you hope to get from Paton late in the game other than for him to come on and possibly blanket a staring Hawk mid.

Sub out Henry or Wood or Membrey or Ross, or Hayes and put Paton in the middle and Sincs in the forward half.