As It Stands

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

As It Stands

Now St Kilda has picks 13, 21, 40 & 92.
Pick 13 will drift back few places and pick 21 probably back 5 places on the draft night.
It has 4 vacancies that must be filled to reach a minimum 36 senior players but can have 2 more senior players at the expense of rookie A places.
It has the maximum 6 rookies A
It has the maximum 2 rookies B once Liam O'Connell is added

If the club only makes 3 draft picks then Masson Wood would be the upgrade from Rookie A to Senior
That would create 1 rookie A vacancy to be used in the rookie draft or supplemental selection (train -on) or mid season rookie draft.
Of course a delisted free agent like Mason Wood & Liam Stocker could be added and consume that place.

According to my data only Tom Highmore, Daniel McKenzie and Tom Campbell remain uncontracted.
Tom Campbell can be assured of a contract unless he wants to become a delisted free agent or face the draft & rookie draft.
Highmore will be very nervous, McKenzie will be more worried about his own medical prognosis.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Saints58
Club Player

Re: As It Stands

Could we trade 40 plus our 2 3 rounders next year for a round 1 or early round 2 pick this year would give us 3 really good picks

ace
Saintsational Legend

Picks can be traded on the night but next years draft is rumoured to be stronger than this year so future picks wil be more valuable.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Saints58
Club Player

ace wrote: Thu 19 Oct 2023 8:33am Picks can be traded on the night but next years draft is rumoured to be stronger than this year so future picks wil be more valuable.

ok haven't herd that next year is a strong draft I do know that it is full of mids and this years draft has 10 bigs either KPP or rucks in the first 24 so it would be a good idea to pick up 2 KPP or Ruck this year as they better then last year.