Batch's latest review

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Batch's latest review

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Re: Batch's latest review

Membrey must come in

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
saynta
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Thu 10 Aug 2023 12:00pm
Membrey must come in
Yep.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Poor Tom Campbell, what more can the guy do to get a game. There has been plenty of games this season I thought he could have added value up forward and Rick support.

Tom Campbell
24 disposals, 30 hit-outs, four marks, three tackles, two goals 

This comment on Oscar Adams made me chuckle.
He halved his match-up - I don't think he won but I don't think he lost.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If Membrey was fit and raring to go, he should have played against Carlton

I can't believe that he 'needs' to show he's capable at VFL level before getting the call up.

I understand that Cooper and Caminiti are young and need games and I understand that King offers a point of difference (having a 6'10 KPF and not playing him would be dumb), but also think we play with 1 too many small forwards.

I still think it was a mistake to recruit Jack Higgins when we already had Gresh, Billings and Butler. I suppose I'll need to suck it up for the next 3 years :(

Higgins gets targeted by our mids way too often and he fluffs his chances way too often. Sometimes he thinks he's a high marking KPF. He struggles with some of the basics. Like taking a chest mark ( remember against Hawthorn earlier this year)

I know he's our leading goal scorer but he wouldn't have been close if King and Membrey were available for more games this year

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 10 Aug 2023 7:39pm If Membrey was fit and raring to go, he should have played against Carlton

I can't believe that he 'needs' to show he's capable at VFL level before getting the call up.

I understand that Cooper and Caminiti are young and need games and I understand that King offers a point of difference (having a 6'10 KPF and not playing him would be dumb), but also think we play with 1 too many small forwards.

I still think it was a mistake to recruit Jack Higgins when we already had Gresh, Billings and Butler. I suppose I'll need to suck it up for the next 3 years :(

Higgins gets targeted by our mids way too often and he fluffs his chances way too often. Sometimes he thinks he's a high marking KPF. He struggles with some of the basics. Like taking a chest mark ( remember against Hawthorn earlier this year)

I know he's our leading goal scorer but he wouldn't have been close if King and Membrey were available for more games this year

The mindset here is simple. They backed in the kids with a view to the future.

At HT that looked spot on. In hindsight they missed the mark.

Nothing wrong with that.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 10 Aug 2023 7:39pm If Membrey was fit and raring to go, he should have played against Carlton

In 2021 Billings was as good as at Essendon until they got his medicals and realised he was going to by shares in Prednisone with his retirement funds. He has played 16 games since. Served best on ice.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 10 Aug 2023 9:33pm

In 2021 Billings was as good as at Essendon until they got his medicals and realised he was going to by shares in Prednisone with his retirement funds. He has played 16 games since. Served best on ice.
👍

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Thu 10 Aug 2023 8:17pm

The mindset here is simple. They backed in the kids with a view to the future.

At HT that looked spot on. In hindsight they missed the mark.

Nothing wrong with that.
Correct
Membrey on way out
Win games now or
Get games into kids for stronger side in future that actually might do better than 8-10????
Pretty obvious by coaching group

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Membrey came straight back into the side earlier in the year. How well did he do?

Played 4 games for 3 goals at an average of 11 disposals a game.
Caminiti 17 games for 19 goals at an average of 9 disposals a game.

SaintWiki
Club Player

Otiman wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 9:45am Membrey came straight back into the side earlier in the year. How well did he do?

Good timing for the return of a seasoned campaigner and the young fella sure had a good run and will go into season 24 with quite a few games up his sleeve. Hope it goes really well on sundee arvo. (and my 'index-finger-up' to the 2-bit grammar and spelling brigade)

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

What ails JB so much that he requires Prednisone?

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 9:45am Membrey came straight back into the side earlier in the year. How well did he do?

Membrey's first game of the year was against Carltoon and he absolutely dominated the first half before fading. His marking down the line was a great savior that Sunday arvo

Go you red, black & white warriors
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 12:15pm against Carltoon and he absolutely dominated the first half before fading.
Plenty of saints players know that feeling!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 12:12pm

What ails JB so much that he requires Prednisone?
I believe Jack carried a plantar fasciitis injury from the end of 2020 through to about round 9, 2021, off and on.

Cortisone injection and prednisone are the go to relief while carrying this injury.
He played well but was struggling to finish games, the plantar tore in about round 6.

Good footballer. It would be lovely to have him at peak powers.