Reality

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Reality

Teflon wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:34pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:18pm
Mr Magic wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:14pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:07pm
Mr Magic wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:54pm Wow the knives have obviously been sharpened for some months.
It'd be ok if Teflon and co. accept that losses are inevitable and they are whole of club and while of team issue and the coaching group is also accountable ...but they never do that. NEVER

Instead of some balance and questions asked about coaching and game day strategies or the game plan in general it turns into the fanboys getting all defensive and closing ranks around 1 bloke

THE fanboys just want to apportion blame to a handful of players
Do you actually read what you've written before you post it?
To me your posts about Lyon are exactly what you're complaining about - no perspective just invective.
And have seemingly been so since he was appointed (despite your protestations).

I have no problem with you taking that position but please don't pretend that you're being fair-minded, and impartial on the subject.
Deep down, even if you won't publicly admit it, you'd probably be happy for this to fail so your position on Lyon would be confirmed (like may others who post on this forum)
Are you a fvcken lunatic

I've supported this club for 50 years. I've lost my voice at the games (FMD I can't begin to count how many times) I've bought multiple memberships for more than 25 years... And you think I want him to fail

JFC...
Time for a bex Scollop
You don’t like the coach - I’m not convinced secretly that you wouldn’t be wrapped if they sacked him tomorrow
You’ve lost all objectivity on the topic
You think I’m a Lyon apologist?
I think he’s a pr!ck
But right now the best pr!ck getting around
I think these soft butter cup senior players have had 9 years of Richo/Ratts cuddles
They need a shake up
You need a pr!ck to do that and Lyon just happens to know a little about footy
Even good ole GT shut up after he was appointed - why?????
Cause he knows he’s the best available for this club
Suggest you read Mason Woods comments on the improved standards expected of EVERY player since Lyon took over , how he leaves no stone unturned (even guys in rehab) to make sure you’re following a program and improving
THATS what I follow - not the individual
You and your band of merry haters are blind to the big picture
The club needs a re set - not more **** cuddly idiots
Hate does that to people
Firstly, Mason Wood didn't need Lyon and anyone who's read the story on 'The Doc' and his incredible influence on players like NWM and others ..you would know that

Secondly, I couldn't give a rats who is coaching. This is not about the person.

The head coach is responsible for our wins and losses more than any other individual at the club.

He's done a good job. A ver good job so far, but as I said... we look like it's a repeat of the 2022 fade out. At least Ratts had the excuse of losing players to injury towards the back end? What excuse has Lyon got

I don't care what Lyon does and how he does it. I just don't want to come on here and listen to you and the fanboys apportioning blame to a select few after every loss and letting your uncle/cousin/Messiah off the hook

I expected us to lose against Carlton. I expect us to win against Richmond and Geelong. Let's see what happens
Last edited by Scollop on Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

We do need change

But as per usual - we’ll fk it up with pure incompetence

I don’t trust anyone at StK to even make a sound decision

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:50pm We do need change

But as per usual - we’ll fk it up with pure incompetence

I don’t trust anyone at StK to even make a sound decision
What sort of change are you thinking of?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

saynta wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:25pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:19pm 2021 and 2022 were a fail. We bit the bullet and at the end of both seasons we decided to use all our picks on young kids at the National Draft

That was the perfect opportunity to say to members at the end of last year... after Jordan De Goey signed with Collingwood... that we WILL Go Into Full Rebuild mould.

But NOOOOOOOOO! We are St Kilda. We say to Members that we've all a sudden had a brain fart, and he's what we've come up with. Get set for Lyon and Lethlean trying to save their careers in the next 2 years I reckon

Instead of recruiting kids exclusively over the next 2 drafts they'll be topping up with the discards from other clubs

We had a coach who had shown good signs with our youth and some excellent growth with many players development and even guys from other clubs flourishing under him. We knew he needed better support with a great Football Administrator in Geoff Walsh and we knew he needed better support with a new team of assistant coaches.

We nearly got it right. Now though they're stuffed because there's personal reputations on the line. The club's long term prospects again will be secondary to the needs and desires of a few select people.
Sad but oh so true.
Based on what evidence? You clairvoyancy, your OPINION. What a load of drivel.

Perhaps you can give me next weeks tatts numbers as well? On what basis do you make these claims of what you purport will happen in the future?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

I'm interested to know if any of the wailing bed-wetting "I hate Ross" types can share with us how many centre clearances RTB got in the final quarter?

I'll give you a hint, it was the same as our two most senior mid-fielders!!

I hate that we lost that as much as anyone, and I think we should have won it. I also think we lost at selection; we went too tall in the front half in my opinion. But the coach we have is the coach we have for the next 3.5 years. You can either support the club and get on board or give it away. The other option is to be miserable for the next 3.5 years......

If you choose option 3, please just don't try and drag everyone else into your hate party.

Oh, and please don't try and sneak into our celebration if we happen to jag a flag in the next 3.5 years!!

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 2:57pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 10:34pm
SaintPav wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 10:29pm
tony74 wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 7:44pm
Banger9798 wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 7:41pm Well said Tony.

I give us a 1 in 3 chance of finals.

But we have got alot of games into promising young players.

Any idea who we are targeting. I thought Dow was good tonight, hopefully we are into him
Yes, but you can understand I can’t really put that out.
2 will make you happy, 1 will cause some angst. But who we may trade might upset a few
Not the captain?
Pretty sure it's Sharman.
Who's Sharman???? :lol: :lol:
I'm not saying anything, not a word :D

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:16pm I'm interested to know if any of the wailing bed-wetting "I hate Ross" types can share with us how many centre clearances RTB got in the final quarter?

I hate that we lost that as much as anyone, and I think we should have won it. I also think we lost at selection; we went too tall in the front half in my opinion. But the coach we have is the coach we have for the next 3.5 years. You can either support the club and get on board or give it away. The other option is to be miserable for the next 3.5 years......

If you choose option 3, please just don't try and drag everyone else into your hate party.

Oh, and please don't try and sneak into our celebration if we happen to jag a flag in the next 3.5 years!!
The hate party is ok against players but not against any off field official

This is a 'support the off field officials' fan forum and anyone who questions off field officials must therefore not be a supporter of the club.

The 'support the off field officials' group have concluded that anyone who doesn't support the coach and the narrative that "it's all on the players" then...they are Ross haters

The ST Kilda FC is exclusive of players. It's ok to blame players for losses but that doesn't mean you are not supporting St Kilda

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:21pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 10:34pm
SaintPav wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 10:29pm
tony74 wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 7:44pm
Banger9798 wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 7:41pm Well said Tony.

I give us a 1 in 3 chance of finals.

But we have got alot of games into promising young players.

Any idea who we are targeting. I thought Dow was good tonight, hopefully we are into him
Yes, but you can understand I can’t really put that out.
2 will make you happy, 1 will cause some angst. But who we may trade might upset a few
Not the captain?
Pretty sure it's Sharman.
Don’t tease us

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:52pm
Don’t tease us
He'll blurt when the rest of us run out of things to say and once he's out of popcorn

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:55pm
The Fireman wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:52pm
Don’t tease us
He'll blurt when the rest of us run out of things to say and once he's out of popcorn
:lol:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:16pm Oh, and please don't try and sneak into our celebration if we happen to jag a flag in the next 3.5 years!!
I doubt there will be any flag celebrations at Linton Street in the next 3.5 years, but, hopefully, RTB and his hand picked band of merry men have found us an AFL quality midfield.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:16pm Oh, and please don't try and sneak into our celebration if we happen to jag a flag in the next 3.5 years!!
I doubt there will be any flag celebrations at Linton Street in the next 3.5 years, but, hopefully, RTB and his hand picked band of merry men have found us an AFL quality midfield by then.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Are you say

Brad Crouch
Jack Steele

Are not AFL Quality?
Even Seb Ross

Young mids
Owens, Windhager, Clark

Are they not AFL quality??

All three have proven to be very good players over their careers

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If you look at the list changes for this season we went for more youth.

Ignoring everything else you would expect to slip. But to be better for it in a season or three.

IN
Anthony Caminiti (pre-season supplemental selection period),
Zaine Cordy (free agent, Western Bulldogs),
Olli Hotton (No.35 draft pick), Isaac Keeler (No.44 draft pick),
Angus McLennan (category B rookie),
Mattaes Phillipou (No.10 draft pick),
Liam Stocker (pre-season supplemental selection period),
James Van Es (No.31 draft pick)

OUT
Jarryn Geary (retired),
Dan Hannebery (retired),
Darragh Joyce (delisted),
Dean Kent (retired),
Jarrod Lienert (delisted),
Ben Long (trade, Gold Coast),
Paddy Ryder (retired)

At this season's end I would expect that the cleanout will continue.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:44pm Scollop and saynta ..you guys are becoming very aggressive towards your fellow supporters
We get it. You don’t like the coach but it’s the coach we have , so instead of abusing those that would like to give the bloke a chance,chill and enjoy the ride
For the record I equally apportion the blame across the board after every loss but sometimes we are simply beaten by a better side and accept it .
Looking forward to the draft and our coaching staff steering them in the right direction
You are a wise man Firey well said

“Yeah….nah””
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:23pm
Dis Believer wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:16pm I'm interested to know if any of the wailing bed-wetting "I hate Ross" types can share with us how many centre clearances RTB got in the final quarter?

This is a 'support the off field officials' fan forum and anyone who questions off field officials must therefore not be a supporter of the club.

The 'support the off field officials' group have concluded that anyone who doesn't support the coach and the narrative that "it's all on the players" then...they are Ross haters

The ST Kilda FC is exclusive of players. It's ok to blame players for losses but that doesn't mean you are not supporting St Kilda
Garbage. Justified criticism is fine, a "hate party" against anyone is juvenile and over the mark. There are clearly posters with an anti-Ross agenda, and that's fine, but stop the amateur attempts at trying to disguise that as justified criticism!!

And for my two cents - everyone is accountable for the performance of the club, but tell me the last time a coach, official, trainer or administrator got a disposal, a tackle, a mark or a score assist? We keep changing coaches and still trotting out s*** performances, something tells me that may rest with the players!! Admittedly we have not really been prone to blow out losses this year, so that's better, but we still have very obvious holes in the line up.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

What does it say if we don’t win as many games this season as last season?

Apparently training standards were higher - which I believe
Apparently game plan is better?
Coaches are better?

Players basically the same

Probably more injuries this season???

What is sure
W/L is no different? And it’s a results business

My view
That players are what deliver results

Because that’s the only thing that hasn’t really changed
And results are similar

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 8:37pm
Justified criticism is fine, a "hate party" against anyone is juvenile and over the mark.
I'll start a new thread just for you. Here's a heads up:

What was the difference in our planning for the Hawthorn game as opposed to the Carlton game?

It's a question for discussion. It's not necessarily a criticism of the coach although I have a feeling any small or large issue I raise will immediately be shut down and the topic will be hijacked by those calling me a hater

By the way...My nic isn't SydneySainter. I didn't start any 'hate party' as you called it

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 8:46pm What does it say if we don’t win as many games this season as last season?

Coaches are better?

What is sure

My view

And results are similar
So the logic here is:
IF win/loss (which will be higher but ignore that) isnt better than last year …then this year is a fail and Lyon and the team can’t have gone forwards?
So….may as we’ll have kept Brett and telling the Board we are in “window”
Birdbath shallow thought there …

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 8:37pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 7:23pm

Garbage. Justified criticism is fine, a "hate party" against anyone is juvenile and over the mark. There are clearly posters with an anti-Ross agenda, and that's fine, but stop the amateur attempts at trying to disguise that as justified criticism!!

And for my two cents - everyone is accountable for the performance of the club, but tell me the last time a coach, official, trainer or administrator got a disposal, a tackle, a mark or a score assist? We keep changing coaches and still trotting out s*** performances, something tells me that may rest with the players!! Admittedly we have not really been prone to blow out losses this year, so that's better, but we still have very obvious holes in the line up.
Good post
I don’t care people don’t agree with the coaching
But FFS put up an alternative view??
Tell us all what he/they are failing at ???
And STOP pretending you’re being “objective” when blind Freddy can see the constant attacks are just personality driven

“Yeah….nah””
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I think Matt Crouch could have helped ..and he is available.

Perhaps we should have bought him last year on two years givn our mid woes.

Beggars can't be chooses.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:13pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:12pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:56pm
tony74 wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:00pm
n1ck wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 3:45pm
saynta wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 2:15pm Really ?And while we are in the mood to knock our coaches, I am not sold on RTB as a head coach .One should never forget that he lost four premiership matches including an unloseable one against the cats.
Unloseable? That Geelong team is one of the greatest of all time? On what planet was that game UNLOSEABLE?
I remember talking to Ross the next day. I still remember his words. “ I can prepare and coach them to my upmost but I’m not the one who has to kick the ball between those two big sticks” We never lost that game because of him.
🎼🎶 Teamwork is the thing that talks🎼🎶

🎼🎶 All for one and one for all 🎼🎶

Except when it comes to Ross and his players
Have you ever watched the 2009 GF?

What was our inside 50 dominance in the first half? Did Lyon miss the shots on goal? Did Lyon kick it into the man on the mark kicking in after a point?
Games don't finish at half time or three quarter time if you hadn't noticed genius

The game plan sucked. The team selection sucked
Leaving Ball on the bench in the last sucked...want me to go on

I can fvcken play this game all day and all night
When the season was up for grabs (before we secured top spot) until about round 18 or 19. We were undefeated. Yes undefeated, our two H/A losses (by less than a kick) were dead rubbers to us. This with a team where the bottom 6 in our best 22 would not have got a game with most other teams. A list greatly diminished compared to the 2004/2005 List.

We should have been more than 5 goals up at half time, there would've been no coming back for Geelong, no matter how long Ball played. Then one goal would have got it done in the final quarter. Schneider and McQualter had straightforward opportunities and blew them and there were other opportunities.

Lyon set up the team to give it every chance of winning two Premierships, it was in the execution the team failed.

I suppose you blame Stan Alves for 1997?

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

B.M wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 8:46pm What does it say if we don’t win as many games this season as last season?

Coaches are better?

What is sure

My view

And results are similar
We already have won as many games as we did last season.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 10:46pm

Coaches are better?

What is sure

My view

And results are similar
We already have won as many games as we did last season.
😂

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 10:37pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:13pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:12pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:56pm
tony74 wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:00pm
n1ck wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 3:45pm
saynta wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 2:15pm Really ?And while we are in the mood to knock our coaches, I am not sold on RTB as a head coach .One should never forget that he lost four premiership matches including an unloseable one against the cats.
Unloseable? That Geelong team is one of the greatest of all time? On what planet was that game UNLOSEABLE?
I remember talking to Ross the next day. I still remember his words. “ I can prepare and coach them to my upmost but I’m not the one who has to kick the ball between those two big sticks” We never lost that game because of him.
🎼🎶 Teamwork is the thing that talks🎼🎶

🎼🎶 All for one and one for all 🎼🎶

Except when it comes to Ross and his players
Have you ever watched the 2009 GF?

What was our inside 50 dominance in the first half? Did Lyon miss the shots on goal? Did Lyon kick it into the man on the mark kicking in after a point?
Games don't finish at half time or three quarter time if you hadn't noticed genius

The game plan sucked. The team selection sucked
Leaving Ball on the bench in the last sucked...want me to go on

I can fvcken play this game all day and all night
When the season was up for grabs (before we secured top spot) until about round 18 or 19. We were undefeated. Yes undefeated, our two H/A losses (by less than a kick) were dead rubbers to us. This with a team where the bottom 6 in our best 22 would not have got a game with most other teams. A list greatly diminished compared to the 2004/2005 List.

We should have been more than 5 goals up at half time, there would've been no coming back for Geelong, no matter how long Ball played. Then one goal would have got it done in the final quarter. Schneider and McQualter had straightforward opportunities and blew them and there were other opportunities.

Lyon set up the team to give it every chance of winning two Premierships, it was in the execution the team failed.

I suppose you blame Stan Alves for 1997?
I don't blame 1 person or a few players for losses. It's a club and whole of team responsibility

Lyon didn't set up the team. He inherited the team.

Anyway...What the fvck are you talking about? Do you even know the circumstances of injuries leading up to 97 GF and with Cuzs dad dying and Bucket's sister leading into the game

2 totally different teams and 2 totally different set of circumstances for both losses.

It's interesting you mentioned Stan. I thought it was crap that he was sacked.

Anyway.... while this site still exists, just do a search of Lyon and Grand Final and enter 'Con Gorazidis' in your search as well. I can't be effed going over the same shitt that's been done to death