Analysis of St K v Rich wins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Analysis of St K v Rich wins

It’s interesting to listen to many talk up the great Richmond comeback v ours.

Richmond were playing the 3rd bottom team and were getting completely outplayed up till 3/4 time (I watched the game), yes it was a good comeback

But the reality is that they are a media love child who were playing terribly but that is glossed over

Whereas

St K were playing terribly and then played a pretty good 4th quarter to get the W, but the W is glossed over

So one team gets analysed for their 4th quarter and one gets analysed for their first 3

Bottom line both got a W

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Analysis of St K v Rich wins

The narrative is more about how good Hawthorn were.

Everyone is jumping on the Hawks train, expect many to pick them for top 8 next year.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 11:40am The narrative is more about how good Hawthorn were.

Everyone is jumping on the Hawks train, expect many to pick them for top 8 next year.
Fair point

The Hawks have a degree of excitement but are 10 players short of really threatening (too much reliance on Sicily for a start)

Form is a fickle thing

Essendon have gone from a finals wildcard to losing their last 2 by a combined 120 points!

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 11:40am The narrative is more about how good Hawthorn were.

Fair point

The Hawks have a degree of excitement but are 10 players short of really threatening (too much reliance on Sicily for a start)

Form is a fickle thing

Essendon have gone from a finals wildcard to losing their last 2 by a combined 120 points!

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Fair point

Form is a fickle thing