Sandy v Filth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sandy v Filth

Tomorrow 12.15.

15 saints listed players named in the side including Coffield for the first time.

But no Hayes...general soreness or Van Es,

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy v Filth

Channel 7 in Victoria are showing this live 👍

Adams, Allison, Peris and Keeler started well.

Nick Coffield is playing in the number 1 jumper

King Max
Club Player

How’s Butler going?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Keeler took a mark and kicked our first goal
Coffield passed the ball to him

StPeter
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 22 Jul 2023 10:13pm Tomorrow 12.15.

15 saints listed players named in the side including Coffield for the first time.

But no Hayes...general soreness or Van Es,
12 listed Saints!

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

3 run down tackles from Peris.

Hotton has been good.

Moose is ready for AFL.

Keeler has been great. One goal and 8 disposals in the first quarter.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

King Max wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 1:18pm How’s Butler going?
Butler is playing in the ones mate. I don’t know where you got the idea he was being managed from.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Byrnes playing for Sandy, no Billings. So it looks like Billings is in (maybe as Sub). No Tom Campbell.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 2:00pm Byrnes playing for Sandy, no Billings. So it looks like Billings is in (maybe as Sub). No Tom Campbell.
No Stocker either. Could be any of those 3 for sub. Hedging my bets I think it will be Billings for some class.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 2:07pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 2:00pm Byrnes playing for Sandy, no Billings. So it looks like Billings is in (maybe as Sub). No Tom Campbell.
No Stocker either. Could be any of those 3 for sub. Hedging my bets I think it will be Billings for some class.
Is Campbell injured, rested or actually in?

StPeter
Club Player

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 1:50pm
Butler is playing in the ones mate. I don’t know where you got the idea he was being managed from.
Stocker and Billings also held over for tonight.

Sandringham and Saints disadvantaged yet again by needing to keep three players out of their VFL game because of fixturing and late Saints games.

Collingwood of course don't need to hold 3 players back.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

StPeter wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 2:32pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 1:50pm
Stocker and Billings also held over for tonight.

Sandringham and Saints disadvantaged yet again by needing to keep three players out of their VFL game because of fixturing and late Saints games.

Collingwood of course don't need to hold 3 players back.
Didn’t know that. IMHO Heath is flourishing this game without Campbell, so is Coffield without stocker. Coffield is a pure upgrade to stocker.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Just before that Johnson goal I think I saw coffield grab his hammy. Has he been back on this qtr?

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Smashed them this qtr with nothing to show, same as the AFL side.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Coffield was amazing this quarter.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Hotton and Coffield a class above the rest.

Mclennan showing good signs.

Heath is ready if we want him. Plays a bit too much like Marshall for me (to play them both in the same side).

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Zebra lose by 16

Suspect will never play for St K again

Connolly
Highmore
Paton

I think Byrnes has a future, he can do some really clever things, needs his disposals to be tidier

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Zebra lose by 16

Connolly
Highmore
Paton

I think Byrnes has a future, he can do some really clever things, needs his disposals to be tidier

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Zebra lose by 16

Connolly
Highmore
Paton

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Zebra lose by 16

Connolly
Highmore
Paton

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Otiman wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 3:20pm Hotton and Coffield a class above the rest.

Mclennan showing good signs.

Heath is ready if we want him. Plays a bit too much like Marshall for me.
Game is pretty much iced so I’ll do my review.

From the top:

Oscar Adams - no good. Did a couple of casual things when the game was on the line and was completely dumb and cost us momentum. Wouldn’t mind if he gets delisted TBH. Grade - D

Matthew Allison - Serviceable on return. Kicked a goal. Did some nice things. Went missing in patches. Nothing new and what you would expect from Allison. Grade - C

Ryan Byrnes - does what he does at AFL, does some good things and then just ruins everything with a retarded handball or dink kick. Needs to work on his disposal. He’s not getting back in the AFL side of this game. Grade - C

Nick Coffield - was quiet in first quarter. He did a good intercept in the first and laced up Keeler for a goal. Went missing in parts of the second. Came out in the third and fourth was enormous. Intercepted, was calm in defence. Did some turn over kicks but it was good risky kicks that would open us out to attack and rebound. Once he gets some games back he will be nailing these kicks. An upgrade on Stocker in the AFL side. 27 disposals and 8 intercept marks (game still going too) Grade - A

Leo Connolly - I didn’t mind his game. Created pace and poise in the middle. I rated his offensive efforts but his dare to get back and help the backline is non existent. If he cleans that game he might be a point of difference for our midfield. Grade - C

Max Heath - HE IS READY FOR AFL. I will take on anyone who says he isn’t. Kicked a goal. 30 hit outs. Had a couple of centre clearances. Would compliment Rowan easily. Completely different ruckman. He actually taps. Kid has gotten massive. Grade - B

Tom Highmore - cleaned up his disposal out of the backline this week. Probably had his house mate in Coffield to give him some confidence. Played really well. He’s ready for the call up if Dougal, Battle or Wilkie get injured. Read the oppositions offensive plays well. Grade - A

Ollie Hotton - I like this kid. He’s really crafty in traffic. Handballs too much IMHO (15 handballs to 12 kicks) but I think it’s because of the wet weather. Provide dash and dare. He is building into a quality player. Grade - A

Isaac Keeler - was busy first quarter. Had a goal and 8 disposals with a couple of marks. Faded out as the game rolled on. He is lively and is building into a special player. We put him in the ruck to give Heath a rest and he was waaaayyyy off it. IMHO Heath is more ready than Keeler. Grade - C

Angus McLennan - I saw a poster rated his game. I have to disagree. He got into the way of three big markers in Heath and Keller a couple of times which costed us turnovers. Every time he went on Ginnivan he scored. Does some funky handballs like you don’t handball inboard in the backline, always go towards boundary. Can’t seem to nail the basics. Is his second game back I believe so is still building. Grade - D

Ben Paton - was awesome. Did some good contested disposals and shut down Ginnivan when on him. Don’t think this game warranted a call up. Other players were a lot more influential than him. Was a cut above VFL level though. Grade - B

Jack Peris - was very good. Three run down tackles. Missed a shot on goal. Should have dropped punt and not snap across the body. Needs to work on that. Was good by disposal and provided some good run. Was stiff of him to be dropped. I think he would be a good sub in the AFL. Did fade out as the game went on as the fatigue came in and Collingwood played a more Coast to Coast game style. Grade - B

Overall - we played well early. Same stuff as our AFL side. Struggle with the centre clearances, struggle going forward and not lowering our eyes. Frampton and I believe a Roscoe killed us. They shut down every spray we took at goal. Need to clean this transition from midfield to forward. Game was really wet and we were very lively. We fought to the last minute. Some of the non-saints Sandringham players have 0 skills and just do some random stuff that makes me go WTF?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Not a bad effort

Our emergencies play - we win

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Great review Zac!

Agree completely re Heath. I hope he comes in next week.

Think Coffield is a no brainer to include as well- clearly above the level.

Hotton and Byrnes need to do more before coming up/back to AFL level but liked both their games.

Peris imo may not have the endurance required to sustain his fast start- regardless has potential.

Paton and Highmore at this point are quality depth.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 5:03pm Great review Zac!

Agree completely re Heath. I hope he comes in next week.

Think Coffield is a no brainer to include as well- clearly above the level.

Hotton and Byrnes need to do more before coming up/back to AFL level but liked both their games.

Peris imo may not have the endurance required to sustain his fast start- regardless has potential.

Paton and Highmore at this point are quality depth.
No problems!

I hope Heath gets a call up this year. It changes you when you taste AFL. Peris played really well after his first AFL game today.

100% agree on Hotton and Byrnes. Hotton has the attributes but needs to mould his game more on Tim Taranto and Byrnes needs to clean up his disposal. Byrnes shows flashes of brilliance and then undies everything.

Peris has potential. Just needs to work on his goal kicking and his overall endurance.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

:lol:

Saint supporter since '62