Setting of the mark

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Setting of the mark

Does StKilda play under different rules. More than once we’ve had a player tackled or smothered after a free kick or mark.

What happened to the protected areas?

Why are opposing players close enough even if there is a play on call?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Re: Setting of the mark

Just posted same sorry did not see this post

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Setting of the mark

CURLY wrote: Sat 08 Jul 2023 11:45pm Does StKilda play under different rules. More than once we’ve had a player tackled or smothered after a free kick or mark.

What happened to the protected areas?

Why are opposing players close enough even if there is a play on call?
Not sure on us playing under different rules - or just being too slow to re-act when the Umpires change their interpretation - I have seen so many player run through a 5 mt 'protected zone' - just pointing at some spot in the middle distance and not get called - let alone a supposed 10 mt zone

Also - the stand seems to have been relaxed for the man marking our kicks. The Tigers scored from a smother that the player moved before play on was called against Wilkie - and I know that last week someone took 2 (maybe 3) steps infield AFTER being called to stand. I know that people do not like Eleni - but damn - she controls the stand well - others - not so much

- Not Professional
- Not Accountable
- Not Concistent
= Not Worth it

Also - the Umpire should be setting each mark and the player to kick OVER the mark from ALL positions on the field - with the new stand rule this is vital (historically if a kicker moved East-West so could the mark):

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!