Poe was handy but

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Re: Poe was handy but

To be honest I don’t really have a problem with what you said, only that I’ve seen others cop sanctions for far less, and I thought it might be a way to at least temporarily, shut you up!

You might hang your hat on being some kind of anti-pc truth warrior, but that’s not what irks me about you so much, I just think you’re an annoying pest.

You constantly spout lame opinions that you’re utterly convinced are right, shouting people down with a self righteous pomposity that I find kind of sad and embarrassing.

I suppose I could block you but I really couldn’t be arsed, it’s not that I interact with these pages that much, I just thought I’d try to do most of us a favour and do what I could to close you down, at least for a spell.

I mostly just read these pages, and from where I sit, I see you as the forum’s odd loner blow hard - that weird uncle or cousin who turns up every Christmas with your two stubbies of Abbotsford Stout, your bulbous red nose, and your strange smelling hair. The guy who goes on and on about how you “used to do this and used to do that”, and in your half-pissed state, drinks the fridge, the esky and then the cupboard dry, while boring the s*** out of everyone with the same old boorish nonsense they’ve heard time and time again, year after year after punishing year - no filter whatsoever, and certainly no empathy for the poor slobs who have to suffer it…

“Let me tell you about my injury rehab, let me tell you about Owens, let me tell you about Zaine Cordy, let me tell you about the PC Police, etc, etc, etc”

“….ummmmm ok Uncy Marty - Mum, do you mind if I go to the spare room for a nap?”

I can’t say i offer this forum a great deal BM but other than your couple of warm stubbies and a whole lot of self important stale air, I don’t think you do either…

In fact, i’m sure most of us would be more than happy to use our own Uber accounts to send you and your unopened stubbies back to whatever boarding house it was that you staggered out of…

Yours truly,
Constable Flash
PC Police
Last edited by The Linton Street Flash on Sat 06 May 2023 10:24am, edited 3 times in total.

Look again it's the Flash!!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

aye

it's probably a bit below the belt

community angst noted i'm sure , by all.

keep going is the only option

(spilt milk 'n all that jizzmo)

not sure that ... brian can fix it ... seeing as he's on an extended break from the place

it's up to us ... fellow contributors

the good ship SS is in (y)our hands

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 05 May 2023 7:08pm Omg

The pc cops

On a fan forum

Don’t like what is said, ignore it, it doesn’t really effect you!
Not that I'd complain about what you said, but what they are complaining about is a standard of common decency.
Just pretend Zaine is standing next to you when you comment on him and you should be fine.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 10:07am To be honest I don’t really have a problem with what you said, only that I’ve seen others cop sanctions for far less, and I thought it might be a way to at least temporarily, shut you up!

You might hang your hat on being some kind of anti-pc truth warrior, but that’s not what irks me about you so much, I just think you’re an annoying pest.

You constantly spout lame opinions that you’re utterly convinced are right, shouting people down with a self righteous pomposity that I find kind of sad and embarrassing.

I suppose I could block you but I really couldn’t be arsed, it’s not that I interact with these pages that much, I just thought I’d try to do most of us a favour and do what I could to close you down, at least for a spell.

I mostly just read these pages, and from where I sit, I see you as the forum’s odd loner blow hard - that weird uncle or cousin who turns up every Christmas with your two stubbies of Abbotsford Stout, your bulbous red nose, and your strange smelling hair. The guy who goes on and on about how you “used to do this and used to do that”, and in your half-pissed state, drinks the fridge, the esky and then the cupboard dry, while boring the s*** out of everyone with the same old boorish nonsense they’ve heard time and time again, year after year after punishing year - no filter whatsoever, and certainly no empathy for the poor slobs who have to suffer it…

“Let me tell you about my injury rehab, let me tell you about Owens, let me tell you about Zaine Cordy, let me tell you about the PC Police, etc, etc, etc”

“….ummmmm ok Uncy Marty - Mum, do you mind if I go to the spare room for a nap?”

I can’t say i offer this forum a great deal BM but other than your couple of warm stubbies and a whole lot of self important stale air, I don’t think you do either…

In fact, i’m sure most of us would be more than happy to use our own Uber accounts to send you and your unopened stubbies back to whatever boarding house it was that you staggered out of…

Yours truly,
Constable Flash
PC Police
I kinda like B M 's posts .

Do you feel better now you have got that off your chest?

Yeah, sometimes I get out of the wrong side of bed too.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Why republish it ffs?

You’re slipping Santa!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Because he has only played one game not the two VFL games the coach said he has played.
Last edited by saynta on Sat 06 May 2023 12:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 11:48am Why republish it ffs?

You’re slipping Santa!
:twisted:

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I got bored halfway through that and stopped reading

Talk about long winded!!!

What I like is the irony. You say I’m self righteous and pompous- yet to are having a go at me - which seems self righteous

Look, I don’t care at all what you think about me

You don’t know me, not one thing. Yet you make personal judgments about me??? On an anonymous fan forum nonetheless.

Watch some Bill Burr - don’t take things so seriously

happy feet
Club Player

Mods time to shut this one down.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

This part was genuinely funny!

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 10:07am To be honest I don’t really have a problem with what you said, only that I’ve seen others cop sanctions for far less, and I thought it might be a way to at least temporarily, shut you up!

Yours truly,
Constable Flash
PC Police
Strong post said a lot that many don’t kudos to you
Ignore his little sidekick …he’s the other pest..
Anyway contribute more! The site needs some truth and not to be railroaded by a select few
I’ve also got a maté exactly like your uncle description….he gets less and less invites…

“Yeah….nah””
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I was very impressed with Philippou last night. He doesn’t look likely to be playing VFL any time soon.

If Gresham has to miss next week, perhaps Billings can come in for him. Or possibly Bytel or Windhager, but Billings would be more dangerous in attack.

But I’m 100% on the Philippou train ATM.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I think in the end he will be an on-baller who can play forward. Strangely, he is one sided in his kicking. This will need to be worked upon very quickly. He is just 18 and will get bigger and stronger over the next two years. It would be nice to have the luxury of playing him in the 2s, but injuries have meant otherwise. He will need to be "rested" at some stage when his body can recover from all the knocks.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

You can see the inexperience sometimes in certain situations, but that is to be expected.

Probably needs to hit the scoreboard a little more with the role he's playing, but he's certainly contributing above some of his more experienced team mates still.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I cannot see him being rested against the Crows, in his home state, in front of family and friends.

I doubt he'll ever want to be rested. Did one of our posters, either sm65 ot T74, say the Club are holding him back from some training sessions as a way of managing him?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Thu 04 May 2023 8:45pm Actually, I'm calling it now. Will take mark of the round sitting on Sheezel's head, and the rising star nomination.
Mark of the round, tick.

Don't think he gets the rising star nod this week though. Probably Humphrey or Amiss. Van Rooyen a smokey although the tribunal cloud may haunt him.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The young lad comes across as being quite humble too. Not a bad quality in a person.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbob
SS Life Member

I was hoping that he was subbed out yesterday, but that last quarter he seemed to find a bit and did some very nice things.
Hopefully that will be the turning point for him.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote: Thu 04 May 2023 8:45pm Actually, I'm calling it now. Will take mark of the round sitting on Sheezel's head, and the rising star nomination.
It wasn't Sheezel, but a great call! You must have used a whole bottle of Windex to polish your crystal ball.

Saint supporter since '62
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 10:25pm
It wasn't Sheezel, but a great call! You must have used a whole bottle of Windex to polish your crystal ball.
Yes
Great call Oti
Now for an encore
Can you give us next week's Powerball numbers !

In red white and black from 73
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Phillipou was better - wouldn’t say he was great - but did ok

Nicke mark though

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 3:44pm
Mark of the round, tick.

Don't think he gets the rising star nod this week though. Probably Humphrey or Amiss. Van Rooyen a smokey although the tribunal cloud may haunt him.
:wink: Your crystal ball get a bit cloudy?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Well that's my prediction done for the year. I usually get 1 right out of 100.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Tue 09 May 2023 11:54am Well that's my prediction done for the year. I usually get 1 right out of 100.
:lol: 8-) :wink:

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

B.M wrote: Thu 04 May 2023 11:32pm No creativity in those selections

Just going with same

Is Zaine Cordy sucking Ross off

Blind Freddy can see Matteas needs a rest

Campbell, Windhager, Bytel all being mis managed
Poor form from the AFL not to give Blind Freddy the honour of telling Mattaes about his RS nomination…

Bet if he was able bodied he would have at least been given the option.