Owens was dissapointing tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rubyjo
Club Player

Owens was dissapointing tonight

Just kidding..what a star we have in the making ..looks like time tszyu the soul taker ..plays like Tim Tszyu..he is a star.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Owens was dissapointing tonight

In the 3rd quarter after we gained ascendency, the ball was kicked to a contest on a HBF Owens vs whoever… he sarcastically yelled out, why don’t you win a contest Owens ad Michito took the contested mark. Got a good laugh.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Impressive.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

slightly smaller but plays like Cripps (Blues)

mainly though as a forward

bull like

saint4life
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

He's fkn s***

HOT :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

BM’s post the other week on young Mitchito has aged like milk! :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 1:10am slightly smaller but plays like Cripps (Blues)

mainly though as a forward

bull like
He’s no longer smaller. He’s now 194-ish cms tall after his summer growth spurt. I thought it was bollocks until I saw him nose to nose with Josh Bruce (who’s 197cm) in the goalsquare in r2.

He’s going to be a monster mid when we get some forwards back.

:shock:

Go you red, black & white warriors
silverhalo
Club Player

Liam Stocker when interviewed after the game on SEN was asked about Mitch and he said he's never seen anything like him basically saying for someone so tall he runs like a gazelle and is built like a brick sh**house and as tough as they come. I can't remember the exact wording but it was along those lines...

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to go back to the threads over the preseason that had strong suggestions and arguments posters of Sharman playing ahead of Owens.

I'd like to accept credit for being correct twice.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 9:29am I'd like to go back to the threads over the preseason that had strong suggestions and arguments posters of Sharman playing ahead of Owens.

I guess after being so wrong about the Saints all summer you have to grab at something to maintain credibility. I mean, it's all about our list, coaches make minimal difference right?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 9:33am
Vortex wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 9:29am I'd like to go back to the threads over the preseason that had strong suggestions and arguments posters of Sharman playing ahead of Owens.

I guess after being so wrong about the Saints all summer you have to grab at something to maintain credibility. I mean, it's all about our list, coaches make minimal difference right?
I can't make a definitive call on our list just yet as I'm wanting a much bigger sample size but at this stage I still believe our list is not capable of winning a flag. It's only R4 and with the exception of the Dogs I think we have played 3 of the bottom 4 to 6 teams for 2023. I recon we got the Dogs before they knocked it out of neutral.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 10:30am

I can't make a definitive call on our list just yet as I'm wanting a much bigger sample size but at this stage I still believe our list is not capable of winning a flag. It's only R4 and with the exception of the Dogs I think we have played 3 of the bottom 4 to 6 teams for 2023. I recon we got the Dogs before they knocked it out of neutral.
Oh , ffs. Just let us enjoy the win. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 10:47am

Oh , ffs. Just let us enjoy the win. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mr sample size has made a complete goose of himself

Moods
Saintsational Legend

A couple of things. Firstly ,you weren't on your pat malone re Sharman. Hopefully he can turn his game around but I myself saw Camineti as the more viable option as soon as I saw him play (and I still do) Owens, to me, looks like a Jimmy Hird type. Can easily hold down CHF but could also be a gun mid. I'm not sure any of us could hand on heart say we expected him to be THIS good.

Are you seriously telling me that you believe that Ratten could have delivered the results so far with the injuries we have? Do you not see any difference in terms of not just the personnel out on the field but the way that we are playing? Regardless of who we are playing, do you think that Ratten could have coached a Saints team to 4 wins in a row without King and Membery? Last year we almost exclusively relied on King to dominate a game or parts of a game before we won games. It made us so predictable and put so much pressure on King. Back half of the year opposition were double and triple teaming King and we were STILL kicking it to him.

When has anyone said that this list will win a flag? Not this year anyway. Most have been very circumspect. All any of us really want is a team we can be proud of and a team that has a go. In a couple of years, with further drafting and recruiting we may well seriously challenge.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Mr sample size has made a complete goose of himself
:D @mr sample

does that mean
u don't have to have a long sample to be a goose

signed
possibly not interested in a truthful answer

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Lol@ possibly not interested in a truthful answer

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

False advertising thread title alert

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 10:55am

A couple of things. Firstly ,you weren't on your pat malone re Sharman. Hopefully he can turn his game around but I myself saw Camineti as the more viable option as soon as I saw him play (and I still do) Owens, to me, looks like a Jimmy Hird type. Can easily hold down CHF but could also be a gun mid. I'm not sure any of us could hand on heart say we expected him to be THIS good.

Are you seriously telling me that you believe that Ratten could have delivered the results so far with the injuries we have? Do you not see any difference in terms of not just the personnel out on the field but the way that we are playing? Regardless of who we are playing, do you think that Ratten could have coached a Saints team to 4 wins in a row without King and Membery? Last year we almost exclusively relied on King to dominate a game or parts of a game before we won games. It made us so predictable and put so much pressure on King. Back half of the year opposition were double and triple teaming King and we were STILL kicking it to him.

When has anyone said that this list will win a flag? Not this year anyway. Most have been very circumspect. All any of us really want is a team we can be proud of and a team that has a go. In a couple of years, with further drafting and recruiting we may well seriously challenge.
I didn't even mention Ratts?...or coaches.

It's great winning.

I love winning more than losing though so take any win we get.

Long way to go till Ross finds and/or develops a list capable of winning a flag.

I have enjoyed the ride in the first 4 weeks but not getting carried away just yet.

Some fans do think we can win the flag this year but I'll wait for a much bigger sample size before making any bold predictions like that.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The suggestion RE Sharman was about the role of a marking forward.
As good as Owens has been… and yea I happily concede that Owens has elevated his game and playing great… that’s not the role he’s playing.

Your argument at the start was that Owens would be a better key forward marking type. It’s not the role he’s playing.

A big weakness we have at the moment is that we don’t have much in the way of bomb it in and take a pack mark.

Caminati is doing alright but especially under pressure, at times we’re exposed badly up forward.

Still think Sharman is worth a go. Coops wouldn’t be on the team at Owens expense.

Obviously King takes the spot long term.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 1:33am BM’s post the other week on young Mitchito has aged like milk! :lol:
Ah yes, he was the one :D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 12:06pm

As good as Owens has been… and yea I happily concede that Owens has elevated his game and playing great… that’s not the role he’s playing.

Your argument at the start was that Owens would be a better key forward marking type. It’s not the role he’s playing.

A big weakness we have at the moment is that we don’t have much in the way of bomb it in and take a pack mark.

Caminati is doing alright but especially under pressure, at times we’re exposed badly up forward.

Still think Sharman is worth a go. Coops wouldn’t be on the team at Owens expense.

There was one reason I was picking Owen's ahead of Sharman for a R1 spot ANYWHERE on the ground, and that was his clear willingness to attack a contest, it's what stands out with Caminiti too, just pure competitive beasts who relish the body on body contest to try and win the ball or create an opportunity for a teammate.

And I wasn't saying Owens would be a better marking type, I still think Sharman would be a better marking option but only if it was kick-to-kick at the local park, meaning he's really got limited tricks outside of a good leap and kick for goal, his skillset is very low percentage for creating potential to score opportunities.

Go and watch Sharman's game for Sandy from last Sunday, he always sits well outside the contest and let's all of his teammates do all the hard work to win the ball.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 12:27pm

There was one reason I was picking Owen's ahead of Sharman for a R1 spot ANYWHERE on the ground, and that was his clear willingness to attack a contest, it's what stands out with Caminiti too, just pure competitive beasts who relish the body on body contest to try and win the ball or create an opportunity for a teammate.

And I wasn't saying Owens would be a better marking type, I still think Sharman would be a better marking option but only if it was kick-to-kick at the local park, meaning he's really got limited tricks outside of a good leap and kick for goal, his skillset is very low percentage for creating potential to score opportunities.

Go and watch Sharman's game for Sandy from last Sunday, he always sits well outside the contest and let's all of his teammates do all the hard work to win the ball.
I disagree with a lot you write, but I agree 100% with this.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 12:58pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 09 Apr 2023 12:27pm

I disagree with a lot you write, but I agree 100% with this.
I see this as a positive, it tells me you are capable of free thoughts and objectivity, if there was a button to connect as friends I would have hit it.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Owens was disappointing tonight - disappointing that he smashed it and we will have to wait until Tuesday to see the Rising Star noms

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!