Team for Round 4 and beyond

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team for Round 4 and beyond

Vortex wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 2:09pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 2:03pm
Otiman wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 1:41pm Paton for Webster
Bytel for Wood
Byrnes to take Wood's wing role

There are also some options, but hard to take any of them at 3-0.

Heath for Cordy
Sharman to replace Wood
Peris to Sub
Byrnes and Wood are both wingers, Byrnes is 181and 84kilo, Wood is 192 and 86kg. How do we make Byrnes play like Owens or Phillipou, so he can take Woods position?
I'll have a guess at this one, the same way we make Heath play like Max Gawn, Sharman like Bailey Fritsch and Peris play like Nick Daicos.

Heath, Sharman and Peris a fair way off AFL pace atm.
Awesome. You are brilliant. Thanks.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 2:12pm
Bytel for Wood

Heath for Cordy
Sharman to replace Wood
Peris to Sub
Byrnes and Wood are both wingers, Byrnes is 181and 84kilo, Wood is 192 and 86kg. How do we make Byrnes play like Owens or Phillipou, so he can take Woods position?
Have been following Byrnes very closely this year and is very good in the air.
He has taken mostly uncontested marks and has run to make sure he is covering ground behind play. Mason wood has been on the other other wing doing it twice as well with less distance covered.

Who covers Byrnes while he try's to be 4 inches taller.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 2:33pm
Bytel for Wood

Heath for Cordy
Sharman to replace Wood
Peris to Sub
I'll have a guess at this one, the same way we make Heath play like Max Gawn, Sharman like Bailey Fritsch and Peris play like Nick Daicos.

and informative

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 3:47pm
Bytel for Wood

Heath for Cordy
Sharman to replace Wood
Peris to Sub

and informative
St.Kilda being on top of the competition and setting the pace of the AFL atm and the fact Peris, Sharman and Heath have all been listed as emergency so far. Informative is a bit of a stretch. We should go back to entertaining, perhaps and work our way up to informative.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Entertaining is a bit of a stretch

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 2:10pm On the reports and training footage Im pretty confident Wood will play.

Webster is definitely out and possibly Stocker given that he only walked laps yesterday after finishing the game on Saturday proppy. Paton is an automatic inclusion and hopefully Stocker is ok? Otherwise I guess Clark goes back to play as a small defender and Bytel comes into the midfield.

That might not be the worst scenario as GCS have a strong midfield and ruck so adding Bytel will help. They also dont have really quick small forwards so Clark might be able to manage?

Cordy will get another chance and lets hope he can improve on last weeks performance (1 possession).
Good news re wood. Anyone know what the actual injury concern is for him?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 4:05pm
Bytel for Wood

Heath for Cordy
Sharman to replace Wood
Peris to Sub

and informative
St.Kilda being on top of the competition and setting the pace of the AFL atm and the fact Peris, Sharman and Heath have all been listed as emergency so far. Informative is a bit of a stretch. We should go back to entertaining, perhaps and work our way up to informative.
go out on a limb, stop being the sniper, give me a prediction, when will 3 said players get a game.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 5:05pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 4:05pm
Bytel for Wood

Heath for Cordy
Sharman to replace Wood
Peris to Sub

and informative
go out on a limb, stop being the sniper, give me a prediction, when will 3 said players get a game.
When they are needed. You are picking at the edges of the list a making predictions. You are the sniper.

I dont make predictions, I line up probabilities and possibilities. So far, that seems to be working.

How you went from Byrnes replacing Wood to those 3 not being AFL standard isn't a prediction, its provocative nonsense.

Peris will play within 4 weeks. Depends on whether he picks up more than 5 clearances and 15 kicks playing wing with 60/40 fwd/def in a close game playing the Byrnes role at Sandy. Then he can rotate with Butler, Higgins, Byrnes Gresham and Hill.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 5:41pm

When they are needed. You are picking at the edges of the list a making predictions.

I dont make predictions, I line up probabilities and possibilities. So far, that seems to be working.

How you went from Byrnes replacing Wood to those 3 not being AFL standard isn't a prediction, its provocative nonsense.

Peris will play within 4 weeks. Depends on whether he picks up more than 5 clearances and 15 kicks playing wing with 60/40 fwd/def in a close game laying the Byrnes role at Sandy. Then he can rotate with Butler, Higgins, Byrnes Gresham and Hill.

Picking at the edges? provocative nonsense, I think you are being a bit paranoid and/or overly sensitive there and where did I say Byrnes replaces Wood?

Back on footy though.

Notwithstanding our injury crisis deepening, Peris, Sharman and Heath most likely won't get a game this year as they still all need a lot more time at Sandy, maybe they might start to get there later in the season. I'm lead to believe this from watching them play at Sandy, from hearing comments from training watchers and Batch's review of Sunday's game seems to confirm they are very much project players needing more time to develop at VFL.

Who knows, they might surprise and wouldn't that be a delight.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 5:50pm

When they are needed. You are picking at the edges of the list a making predictions.

Peris will play within 4 weeks. Depends on whether he picks up more than 5 clearances and 15 kicks playing wing with 60/40 fwd/def in a close game laying the Byrnes role at Sandy. Then he can rotate with Butler, Higgins, Byrnes Gresham and Hill.

Picking at the edges? provocative nonsense, I think you are being a bit paranoid and/or overly sensitive there and where did I say Byrnes replaces Wood?

Back on footy though.

Notwithstanding our injury crisis deepening, Peris, Sharman and Heath most likely won't get a game this year as they still all need a lot more time at Sandy, maybe they might start to get there later in the season. I'm lead to believe this from watching them play at Sandy, from hearing comments from training watchers and Batch's review of Sunday's game seems to confirm they are very much project players needing more time to develop at VFL.

I dont do paranoid, I'm too busy sniping at crumb pickers, being correct all the time and knowing everything, for that. 😁

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 6:11pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 5:50pm

Back on footy though.

I dont do paranoid, I'm too busy sniping at crumb pickers, being correct all the time and knowing everything, for that. 😁
I've been called the Chat GPT of AFL, some days my clock speed struggles to keep up.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Still waiting for a free beer mate.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

how about a free joke instead
:)

whats the difference tween a magician's wand 'n a policeman's truncheon

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Bytel for Wood

Heath for Cordy
Sharman to replace Wood
Peris to Sub

The only one who is brilliant is Shane. Ross the boss says so. But so far, in the little selection comp we are having, terry smith rules is a very comfortable leader. And guess what Vortex? He is the only one of us three to put Sharman on his list. So Cooper slips into the eddy of the vortex - somewhere in the general maelstrom.

Blinded by science.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 8:08pm how about a free joke instead
:)

whats the difference tween a magician's wand 'n a policeman's truncheon
One is used to create illusions and the other is used to deal with delusions!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

good work :D

... very family friendly

that is so betterer than the answer i knew

(cunning stunts / ect ect)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

one is definitely needed here :)

King Max
Club Player

Wood cleared to play this week.

From afl.com.au

“ ST KILDA has been decimated by injuries in the early stages of Ross Lyon's return to Moorabbin, but the Saints will have in-form wingman Mason Wood in the 22 when they host Gold Coast at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night. ”

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

awesome .... onwards and upwards

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Expect him to rest his wing running interference and blocking defensively from a wing, while Windhager tags and Owens and Byrnes get on their bikes and rack up some numbers. Here's hoping we have the talent to match our endeavour. Wouldn't be surprised if Caminiti goes for a few long runs too.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 1:10pm Wood cleared to play this week.

From afl.com.au

“ ST KILDA has been decimated by injuries in the early stages of Ross Lyon's return to Moorabbin, but the Saints will have in-form wingman Mason Wood in the 22 when they host Gold Coast at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night. ”
has #14 come up ?

he was looking lame there in the last quarter

longtimesaint
Club Player

Stocker is fine

One year will be our year
older saint
SS Life Member

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 3:15pm Expect him to rest his wing running interference and blocking defensively from a wing, while Windhager tags and Owens and Byrnes get on their bikes and rack up some numbers. Here's hoping we have the talent to match our endeavour. Wouldn't be surprised if Caminiti goes for a few long runs too.
He's either fit or not,if he not then next man up. He would be leading the B & F at the moment and based on being declared fit then don't change anything play the way you have been.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 4:49pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 3:15pm Expect him to rest his wing running interference and blocking defensively from a wing, while Windhager tags and Owens and Byrnes get on their bikes and rack up some numbers. Here's hoping we have the talent to match our endeavour. Wouldn't be surprised if Caminiti goes for a few long runs too.
He's either fit or not,if he not then next man up. He would be leading the B & F at the moment and based on being declared fit then don't change anything play the way you have been.
Thats not how good teams with good systems always operate.

I'm just saying he may be given a running role. They exist, our system is about controlling half the space on the ground limiting opposition space and time.

Next man up could just as easily apply to game plan roles and can be flexible during live game time.

I believe Byrnes got his rest while playing against the dogs and contributed, according to the coach, while playing wide and not really entering into the contested play with only a handful of possesions. The he comes out and has blinder against the Dons.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Shocked that Bytel is only an emergency after his great game for Sandringham.
Meanwhile Cordy gets another chance.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.