The Fluxed Report: Drugs Bust! Ro$$y and his saynta(s) do it again!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

is proudly sponsored by............

Guaranteed to work against Daughters of Beaches key forwards! :lol:

And /or (but not 'nor', right Nosh? :wink: ),

For when life just sucks.

As used and recommended by Scotty from Marketing, and saynt Nosher after watching the World Cup penalty shoot out. :mrgreen:

And /or (but not 'nor', right Nosh? :wink: ),

Leaked match day footage from the club DrugsRUs cho aching box.

Match Reports:
CQ Captain Seven Seas (but now only six hens - see below) wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 8:49pm Image
Never in doubt.
Was waiting for a repeat of the attack mode that was switched on in the first.

Last year, the core of this team was able to dominate for short period of games and hang on long enough to win them.

Pressure is in our DNA but on the same token, good teams would rip us apart in 15 mins.

The last 2 weeks we proved we could withstand the best the opposition has to offer on the day and counter with attack of our own.

By the time our skills develop to the point we cam turn on a switch, we will start bruising teams.

Self belief seems to be the answer, if you ask me.

I'm a believer. We are seeing the dawn of a great era for our club.

Jedi wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 8:33pm Image
I think being pessimistic is in our DNA
Our skills are good. Confidence has changed that.

Our defense isn't just pressure. It's having the confidence in the plan to not doubt it when the opposition gets on a roll. Our positioning last night on the expanses of the G was first rate.

I'm buying in. This is a new team. New focus, new belief.

We will playing in September this year. Late September.

Lotsa' thoughts about last Saturday night. Will start with three. Two that showed the Fluxed Report to be correct, and one where we Fluxed Up, were dead wrong.

Correct:
This current list should be playing finals! Bloody should have last year year! 😡 And despite the ridiculous and ever mounting injury list, we can still play finals this year. Big.Marmot you are wrong. Cho aching matters.

Ben Patton should/can only play AFL level footy as a lock down small defender! Fortunately, he's very good at that. But , play him further up field, and his lack of skills makes him a liability. The one positive re Jimmy the Cat's injury is that shirley now that will mean Patton will therefore play where he should be played.

Fluxed Up:
Ryan Bybes! Wow! 😮 Just one week of pep talks, skills training and lots of Hāngī sourced protein with Capt CQ of the Seven Seas, but now only the Six Hens (Vale Monique, who has now been laid to rest - see what I did there? 😁 ). Such a difference! Only missed the one kick that I saw. And pulled off some rippers. Both feet. And under pressure. Unlike his 'acclaimed' round 1 game, this time Bybes looked, and was, dangerous when he got the footy. IMHO, easily his best game. You were right about this bloke CQ. 👍️

Some other random player observations:
- Mason Wood!
The fawning commentators all seem to forget that he has been very very good since the latter part of last season.
This season though... he's taken it to another level again! 😮
Not sure there's too many, if any, other players in the league who do what/all he's doing(?) Running all day, up and down the ground to help out offensively, and defensively. In the air and on the ground. Beautiful kick. And kicking goals to top it all off. Playing as 'the complete footballer'. Ro$$y must abso-bloody-lutely luurvve what this bloke is bringing to the table.
He's actually the one player we can't replace. If fit DMac would come closest, but whilst improved, his kicking isn't up to Wood's standard, and he doesn't kick goals. Also Members too, though whilst he has good endurance, he still doesn't cover the ground Wood can.
If Wood ends up joining our army of the injured, that will be a huge loss. Sure, for different reasons, but right on a par with the loss of Joe King for effect on our side.
- Wilkie - superb again/as ever.
- Crouch and saynt Nosher's man were also superb. Really stood up in the absence of Steele. Crouch is criminally underrated. Nosher's man man cops deserved flack when he is lazy with his disposal. But when he isn't being shoddy... he's a damn good player.
- Mitchito. Is starting to hold his contested marks. Is already very strong. Look out when he's finished growing and has another couple of preseasons under his belt. 2022 hindsight daft... top 5. Am sticking with that call.
- Hammer Time! Could have kicked 5 or 6. As he gets stronger, fitter, more experienced, he'll be holding more contested marks, and his fancy ground level footwork will start producing goals. (Last night on a couple of occasions, the defenders just managed to get a hand in at the last moment to smother.)
- Pou Power! Easily his 'worst' game. Yet, he worked his way into it a bit, and did some very nice things. Another one who is getting his hands onto contested pack marks. Another one whom the defenders just managed to get a smother in against at the last moment. The area though where he needs to improve is tackling. I haven't seen too much forward pressure, or even urgency from him.
- Small forwards. The Butler's best game in ages. Maybe he's feeling the heat(?) As for Missy, I still maintain he's a ripper, and as good as any small forward going around. The Gresh. His mix of playing forward/on the ball seemed about right this time. And he was good. Still missed a few opportunities to give off, but overall, played a much more team-orientated game I thought.
- Stocker. Has surprised me. In a (very) good way. Another one..... was dead wrong about.
- The Marshall. Till looking at the stats, didn't realise how little Draper had the footy. Most of that must have been in the last quarter, which makes one think that The Marshall must have tired. Needs a bit more of a chop out in the ruck. Maybe play Cordy there a bit more before subbing him off for a runner(?) And then let The Marshall come home with a wet sail. (Did you like that ref' Capt CQ? 😁 )
- Clark (no f*****g 'e', ffs 🙄 🙄 🙄 ) was very good. But have noticed that each week he's been getting very little game time. Only 66% this week. So clearly the cho aches realise his fitness needs building, but they still want to play him. If so, then have to agree with them on both counts.

That's now three games won that we'd have lost last year under the retreaded cho ach Alfred E Clueless Newman.
Just one simple example. Hill. This year the bloke is laying tackles!!! 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮
Though that does the beg the question as to why and how his previous 3 seasons of bruise-free-but-he-shall-not-be-dropped footy were ever tolerated. 😡

So all in all, thank you to Ro$$y. On Saturday Night you delivered all we could Wish for. Well may it be said that you have opened up an unforeseen (by the doubters) dark chest of wonders.

And not forgetting the opposition. An ode from Kinky (and Warren) to the DrugsRUs new head cho ach Bradley Kray.

Which leads to the big furry question - Cho aching - overrated or not?

Well, here we are.
Three rounds in.
Almost half the list injured.
Yet.
Top of the tree! :mrgreen:

So what's different?
- With all the injuries, the list is currently clearly weaker. But, we have a new cho ach....... and...... an actual game plan.......with back up plans. (Shock! Horror! :shock: :shock: :shock: )
- Yet, Saintsational's favourite furry provocateur, Big.Marmot, still insists it's "the players that matter, not the cho ach."
- Not sure that your pov is easily defensible oh big furry one.

Big.Marmot wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 6:25pmImage
Hill wasn’t fit (in fact fat!) under Ratten

He has always been an elite runner, until he got to StK on 900k

Let himself go, lost his 1 wood and could only play HB

He is a fit again and back on the wing

Hmmmmmmm. Same player. Different cho ach. You're shooting your 'overrated' argument in the foot (again) here. :idea:

Hooray! :D We're freed of Alfred E Neuman, the retreaded clueless deceiver of fools.

But also, lets not forget that we also got rid of that clown Brendan WayLade....
- WayLade is now at the Poodles it seems. And his record looks like rolling on.
- Went to the Teal Turkeys. They were good. They went crap. He left, and they picked up again.
- Came to us. :evil: As forward cho ach, no less. (Now there's an oxymoron for you in Lade's case! 🙄 ) We went crap. - He left. Now we look like picking up.
- So he moves to the Poodles. They were good. Now they're looking crap.

Clear pattern... with one exception.

When WayLade went to the Tuggers they were already crap. However, the moment he left, 32 years of being the worst performed club in the AFL went up in a puff of smoke... they suddenly turned it all around, and won 3 flags(!)

Brendan WayLade. A cho aching disaster wherever he goes. :roll:

And on the topic of cho aching, lets also not forget our Sainter grrrrrrrrrls, and the great job Dal is doing. :D With a preseason address to the players like this, how can one dismiss the importance of cho aching???

The Fluxed Up report would like to thank desertnowcoastalsaint for bringing this footage to our attention. What dncs was too humble to tell us though, is that's him on the djembe. We love a good bit of djembe at the Get Fluxed Report. :D

Top Posts:
saynt Nosher Powell wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 2:35pm TOP AVAILABLE FATHER-SON PROSPECTS COMING THROUGH

North Melbourne

2024 – River Stevens (son of Wayne)

These users also thanked the author saynt Nosher Powell for the post:
Ryan Bybes (with a 's')

:lol:

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 10:34amI'm not gonna argue, but wait till Keeler gets going. He's a ruck/forward with Paddy leap and the agility to play on the wing/flanks.
The I jury was untimely as he was given an ultimatum by a coach and answered loud and clear with his effort and presence on field but if the get him fit this year, I reckon he will be knocking on the door quickly.
If he finds a mentor, like Rowan Marshall.

This!

Paddy Te Keeler will be top 5 in the 2023 hindsight daft. You heard that here first (many times). Bookmark it.

meher baba wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 8:47am(BTW, for the very few who might be interested, aaron666 appears to have thrown all the toys out of the cot on Big Flatulence after - of all things - getting upset at other posters being unduly nasty about Stinger.

As he will presumably never be welcome back on here, I guess we won't have any further opportunity to read what he has to say about footy: a pity IMO, but I suspect I'm in a small minority.)

Come home Aaron! All is forgiven. :D

Gershwin wrote: Wed 29 Mar 2023 6:14pm Let me just say that the selections of NWM and Mattaes Phillipou just fell into our lap. No recruiter should puff out his chest and say 'that was me'.

When a few above them dont turn out as good, fingers will be pointed, especially with Phillipou. No recruiter will puff his chest out and say 'that was me'.

Not quite Gersh'. N-W-Aeon-M was first flagged right here to give all Flummoxed readers a heads up before the 2021 Daft. And it was the same story last year with The Pou Power. And don't forget Paddy Te Keeler. You heard about us recruiting him right here too. :D

Fred might be a prick, but he's still the only ITK that you need to know (or seek).
saynt Nosher Powell wrote: Sun 01 Jan 2023 10:23amThanks mate. It is posers like you that make this forum worthwhile visiting.

Ryan Bybes (with a 's')

Sad News: Vale Monique
After five years of sailing Capt CQ around the world, Monique sadly passed away earlier this month at the ripe old age of 9, and has finally be laid to rest. (See what we did there? :mrgreen: )
Friends, family, and Capt CQ of the (now) Six Hens are in mourning.
https://www.yachtingworld.com/all-lates ... que-144044

Monique now even has her own highlights video.

Spelly is here to help:

Spelly wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 9:30pm
saynta Nosher Powell wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 3:17pmWhen is our drinks night or are you going to welsh on it?

Ryan Bybes (with a 's')

Oh, and Saynt Nosh honey, what have you got against the Welsh? I think you'll find that it's 'welch'.

Now carry on.

saynt Nosher Powell wrote: Sat 25 Mar 2023 11:41amVery disappointing game from him. Played to loose on his man for my liking and too slow.

Ryan Bybes (with a 's')

And you missed an 'o' here too. Got it right the second time though. :)

loris wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 1:09amRecon????? I thought someone with a PhD would know it’s reckon???
Maybe this was a typo? Then, I noticed you’ve been spelling it the same way in a few recent posts.

Mum’s the word though eh? We can’t let the 🔥 Fireman know you too can’t spell. I’m sure Fireman would argue this somewhat lowers the educational prestige of one possessing a PhD.

Oh where, oh where is ‘Spelly’? Definitely need her to return to police spelling & grammar standards on SS?

Funny how a few posters with different nicknames who don’t appear to post here anymore (I think they were banned???). They also spelt reckon as recon.🤷🏽‍♀️

I'm here Loris. :D I suspect that Vorte-mort (the poster whose name Firey dares not speak) may have meant that to he was carrying out some preliminary recon'. Maybe in preparation for his latest PhD? Working title, I'm led to believe - 'Chess Mastery and the Art of Welching on a Bet'? Either way, clumsy sentence construction, especially so, for such a learned poster. No doubt his supervisor will sort that out.

B.M wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 6:33pmNot really n here for an English lesson

You shouldn't be in need of one mate. :lol:

Trev from the Bush wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 6:07pm
saynt Nosher Powell wrote: Sat 01 Apr 2023 11:03am
Vortex wrote: Thu 30 Mar 2023 1:49pmthe kid is a competitive beast (to use an old Lyonism) and I bet he's already a Lyon favorite, he's like a freaking cheater cat when he hits the deck
Cheetah cat FFS :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ryan Bybes (with a 's')
It would be lovely if the less educated knew the difference between upper and lower case letters, ffs.

Changes for The Sons of Beaches:

Ae-ins:
Paton. And do not play him anywhere other than defence!!!
Bytel.
The Sharmanator! Time to put a stop to us only having smalls to contest in the air.

Ae-outskis:
Jimmy the Cat.
Wood.
Cordy.

Fred Basset ITK wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 8:55pm
Dearest Aeon,

A great start, but don't worry, we're not getting ahead of ourselves. Afterall, we've yet to beat anyone above us on the ladder. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing you at the footy again honey. This week it's Sons of Beaches time! :twisted:

Love and Fortius Quo Fidelius,

- Fred.

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 13 Mar 2023 6:39pmFred Bassett is fantastic

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon> Image

Thoughts, Saintsationalists...?

- Aeon.

Tim Whitmarsh, the A G Leventis Professor of Greek Culture at the University of Cambridge wrote:
Aeon is where the world’s best best thinkers share their insights into issues of central importance to our times. It is reliably the best place to find content that is punchy, insightful, accessible and always unpredictable.

https://aeon.co/
A top read.

dalboy wrote: Wed 22 Mar 2023 12:01pmFifteenth worst thread ever!

Well done Nosh. You read all the way to the end......................................... again. :mrgreen:

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll: